5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

U

User_3336

You most likely ended up paying SALES TAX on you contract, although your dealer did match the price.

If you order online, there is no sales tax attached.

Depending on your states/county's sales tax, that could be another 80-90$!

My dealership matched Zeigler's price on a MOPAR warranty. It was unexpected, but it made the process a bit easier. I always give the dealership a chance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

One of the advantages of buying early, (before 12 months or 12,000 miles) is that you avoid the $200 surcharge if you purchase it after that time period.

. Don't forget, there is no rush to get an extended warranty. You are covered with the factory warranty to 36k. If I keep a vehicle until 36k miles then I shop for a warranty. I'd rather keep my money until I actually might need an extended warranty.

Tom488

Reaction score
You most likely ended up paying SALES TAX on you contract, although your dealer did match the price.

If you order online, there is no sales tax attached.

Depending on your states/county's sales tax, that could be another 80-90$!
Yes - but of course when you purchased a good or service out of state, you reported such purchase on your state income tax, and paid the required use tax (the equivalent of your state's sales tax), as per state law, correct? ;)

U

User_3336

UMMMMM. No.

We went thru that crap here in the state of TN with Amazon.

Are you a tax lawyer?

Yes - but of course when you purchased a good or service out of state, you reported such purchase on your state income tax, and paid the required use tax (the equivalent of your state's sales tax), as per state law, correct? ;)

barr0208

Reaction score
I got my 7 year 100,000 mile zero deductible from the dealer I bought the truck from for $4,000 Canadian tax in . if i were to buy it from either posted discount place with my crappy dollar it would be close to $4400 Canadian so I did pretty good lol.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Yikes. I’m seeing through their website $2665. Did you call them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Yes I did call them to confirm I was interpreting everything correctly. There was also a discount provided if you paid in full. I would call them if you have any concerns.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Still need to get an extended warranty and most comfortable with the Mopar direct plans. Just wanted to update this thread with current pricing for the two main websites:

www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com
8 year, 125k miles, $100 deductible = $2,600

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com
8 year, 125k miles, $100 deductible = $2,715
7 year, unlimited miles, $100 deductible = $2,650

I think I am going to go with www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com as I do not think I will hit $125k miles in 8 years. Anyone know of any better deals for a factory extended warranty?

BlckDT

Reaction score
Still need to get an extended warranty and most comfortable with the Mopar direct plans. Just wanted to update this thread with current pricing for the two main websites:

www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com
8 year, 125k miles, $100 deductible = $2,600

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com
8 year, 125k miles, $100 deductible = $2,715
7 year, unlimited miles, $100 deductible = $2,650

I think I am going to go with www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com as I do not think I will hit $125k miles in 8 years. Anyone know of any better deals for a factory extended warranty?

If your paying in full you can get $365 off at ChryslerFactoryPlans with the promo code PAYINFULL
8 year, 125k miles, $100 deductible = $2,350
7 year, unlimited miles, $100 deductible = $2285

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
If your paying in full you can get $365 off at ChryslerFactoryPlans with the promo code PAYINFULL
8 year, 125k miles, $100 deductible = $2,350
7 year, unlimited miles, $100 deductible = $2285
You da man. I had gotten chryslerwarrantydirect.com down to $2,450 via the online chat on their website but this coupon code for chryslerfactoryplans.com beat that price by $100. I went with that and placed the order. Thank you very much.

BlckDT

Reaction score
You da man. I had gotten chryslerwarrantydirect.com down to $2,450 via the online chat on their website but this coupon code for chryslerfactoryplans.com beat that price by $100. I went with that and placed the order. Thank you very much.

Which plan did you go with?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shows the value of this forum.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the heads up. Bought my 8yr/125k ($100 deductible) plan tonight. Per my conversation with the insurance rep the plans with a number of years or unlimited mileage is going up 10% and the set mileage plans are going up 5%. This is a no brainer for me considering my various service visits so far and the new 1500 remake.

U

User_3336

Who did you purchase yours from?

Thanks everyone for the heads up. Bought my 8yr/125k ($100 deductible) plan tonight. Per my conversation with the insurance rep the plans with a number of years or unlimited mileage is going up 10% and the set mileage plans are going up 5%. This is a no brainer for me considering my various service visits so far and the new 1500 remake.

U

User_3336

Some online dealers will not mix discounts/promo codes with financing. Its either/or but not both.

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the maxcare plan, does anyone know if the etourque system and related components are under the plan coverage? I am not seeing it as a covered item in the FCA general plan statement. That would be an interesting item to leave off of coverage considering it's in it's first run of operation.

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I had a quote from Zeigler when I bought mine from the Dealer. The dealer price matched it for me. I did all this AFTER initial negotiations on the truck, so I know they did not backend the discount into the truck price. Also had my own financing established with my back, another route taken so they couldnt backend costs into the loan.

U

User_3336

Yes, they CAN...
SHOULD they, probably depends on their overall profit on the complete "deal structure".

A dealer can sell you a Mopar ESP for any amount he wants but at end of month closing he still has to pay cost/invoice on it regardless, so its up to him whether he makes a profit, breaks even, or loses money on it.

There is nothing special about any of those prices, outside of not having to negotiate for them. ANY dealer CAN match those prices, and should be willing to. Happy to do it for you if you are nervous about using one of those sites.

Users who are viewing this thread