5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a couple of quotes from Ziegler. $200 deductable, $100 is quite a bit more and all warranties are like playing craps. 8/125k = $2,370. 8/100k = $1,845. I normally put about 12k per year, I am leaning toward the 100k plan. I'm not sure about the additional $525 for 25k miles. As I said all warranties are a crap shoot.
It would probably be worth the extra cost if it was like 9 or 20 years and 125k. Otherwise 100k plan makes more sense.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a price bump at 12K miles and then another at 24K miles to purchase a plan (~$300 each time IIRC).

For a policy on a new vehicle (New Mopar Vehicle Protection) the price goes up as the truck gets 'older' but the coverage doesn't change. It is all based off of when the truck was purchased from the dealership. It does not start when you buy the extended warranty or when your B2B expires, the start date is the date you purchased the truck regardless of when you purchase the plan. For example,if you purchase a 5 year plan and you don't drive over 12K miles a year then it is really a 2 year plan since your B2B will go for 3 years.

There is also a warranty you can get for used vehicles too (Pre-Owned Mopar Protection) but I'm not sure of the specifics on that one.
I saw the same thing regarding the price bump if you don't get the plan at brand new but when I talked a Mopar rep...they stated over the phone that its only an extra $50 after the first year, then $100 at the second year. Either I misunderstood or they were talking about just the power train warranty part of it....

Cravenfan

Reaction score
To each his own. While I have other things I could have spent $3K on it's worth it to me if something goes wrong. I have the 7 year / unlimited miles warranty. I drive 25K-30K miles a year and plan to have this truck for awhile and will be at about 200K miles when I reach the end of the MaxCare warranty. Small potatoes if something electronic or drivetrain goes wrong. There are numerous repairs that will go past $3K pretty quick.

If it weren't for COVID I'd be outside the B2B already but I'll still be out of it in the next couple of months.

For me that boils down to $45/month from the time my B2B expires at 36K miles until it ends in 2026. For less than the cost of my wife and I going to the movies it is worth it.

Just my .02

Ya, the Covid miles have been greatly reduced...pondering myself. I'm usually between 18k-22k a year, may be a bit more the back half of this year, but saved on the front end. Essentially, the unlimited bets that you will only have 3, $100 deductibles in that time, vs. the 7/125k/$0, which allows you 7, $100 deductibles on the 7/125k/$100 plan. I've waivered back and forth on all three plans. My #ALLBLACKDODGERAM!! has 9k on it, so I need to decide fairly soon.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Ya, the Covid miles have been greatly reduced...pondering myself. I'm usually between 18k-22k a year, may be a bit more the back half of this year, but saved on the front end. Essentially, the unlimited bets that you will only have 3, $100 deductibles in that time, vs. the 7/125k/$0, which allows you 7, $100 deductibles on the 7/125k/$100 plan. I've waivered back and forth on all three plans. My #ALLBLACKDODGERAM!! has 9k on it, so I need to decide fairly soon.
Where are you seeing the 7/unlimited. Didn't see that option, although it is probably not the right one for me anyway.

The Critic

Reaction score
Where are you seeing the 7/unlimited. Didn't see that option, although it is probably not the right one for me anyway.

It is plan code #WM7UNL1N. MSRP is $4090, Zeigler is selling it for $2790.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would probably be worth the extra cost if it was like 9 or 20 years and 125k. Otherwise 100k plan makes more sense.
I'm not sure of the price or specifics but up until early 2019 Mopar offered a lifetime extended warranty. Now you can only go 8 years maximum (or 7 years if you want unlimited miles).

If you drive a lot, the best deal going is the 7-yr/unlimited mileage.
That's the one I went with. I was doing close to 30K miles a year. I'll still be at 25K miles a year when we get to a post-COVID 'new normal'.

I saw the same thing regarding the price bump if you don't get the plan at brand new but when I talked a Mopar rep...they stated over the phone that its only an extra $50 after the first year, then $100 at the second year. Either I misunderstood or they were talking about just the power train warranty part of it....
You could be right. The prices change all the time. The end of last summer there was an overall $1000 spike in cost across the board but it has since quelled and is back to about where it was before that.

The Critic

Reaction score
It goes up $200. Not sure what you meant by "significantly".

7/unlimited mileage before 1/12K is $2790.

On a vehicle with 13K, it is $3200.

That is a $410 difference.

Edit: on a vehicle with 35K, it is $3740.

I guess it depends on your definition of “significant,” but to me, these are significant differences.

U

User_3336

Used to be a flat $200. It appears to go by the plan now.

On a 7/75 $100 ded before 1/12K it is $1185
With 13K, its $1350

Only a difference of $165

7/unlimited mileage before 1/12K is $2790.

On a vehicle with 13K, it is $3200.

That is a $410 difference.

Edit: on a vehicle with 35K, it is $3740.

I guess it depends on your definition of “significant,” but to me, these are significant differences.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you guys are using the PROMO CODE "PAYINFULL" if you are navigating on the Zeigler website. It chops off $365!!
The PAYINFULL code is if you are purchasing the plan outright. If you are doing the financing option (down payment plus 12 equal monthly payments) use the code DAMON2 for $100 off the policy.

JGRaider

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to this forum, and also new to the whole RAM thing as I just bought my first Ram 1500, a 4x4 Laramie Ecodiesel. Love it so far (only 1350 miles), but the fit, finish, ride, etc is head and shoulders above the GMC sierra I traded.

I appreciate the wealth of information offered in this thread, and plan on getting a quote through Zeigler before too long. Question: Are there any major parts/exclusions in the Max Plan pertaining to the Ecodiesel? Would like to make sure the EGR/emissions/etc are covered. Thanks for the help.

The Critic

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to this forum, and also new to the whole RAM thing as I just bought my first Ram 1500, a 4x4 Laramie Ecodiesel. Love it so far (only 1350 miles), but the fit, finish, ride, etc is head and shoulders above the GMC sierra I traded.

I appreciate the wealth of information offered in this thread, and plan on getting a quote through Zeigler before too long. Question: Are there any major parts/exclusions in the Max Plan pertaining to the Ecodiesel? Would like to make sure the EGR/emissions/etc are covered. Thanks for the help.

DEF system and EGR cooler are covered, but the catalytic converter and DPF are not. Mopar extended warranties are a bit unclear on what is covered; their plan documents list commonly items but the policy does not appear to be a true exclusionary policy like some other extended warranties.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know that CA has a mandatory 80K mile emissions equipment warranty. I would check with your state to see if they have something like that.

I'm sure that the MaxCare warranty covers diesel stuff but I'm not sure what (you could call Ziegler and ask). When you select your warranty it specifically asks if the truck is a 4x4 and/or a diesel. I'm sure that drives the price up a bit.

JGRaider

Reaction score
I was quoted $1305 after discount for 5yr 100k warranty. Seems very reasonable to me. About 1/2 of what dealer quoted.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer isn't necessarily selling you a Mopar warranty. It could easily be a 3rd party warranty.

Regardless the sales department is more than happy to make a few more dollars before you sign by inflating the warranty cost to line their pockets even more before you walk out the door.

Zeigler sells them at or just above cost. The other popular places many get their Mopar warranties from are the same, more volume than profit.

U

User_3336

Margins are razor thin on online Mopar warranties. But, you're right, they sell in volume, so net profit of only $100 or so builds up with volume. And Zeigler also sells the FORD ESP as well.

Dealer isn't necessarily selling you a Mopar warranty. It could easily be a 3rd party warranty.

Regardless the sales department is more than happy to make a few more dollars before you sign by inflating the warranty cost to line their pockets even more before you walk out the door.

Zeigler sells them at or just above cost. The other popular places many get their Mopar warranties from are the same, more volume than profit.

The Critic

Reaction score
This morning, I received an e-mail warning of a price increase coming next week. Traditionally, FCA has previously done increases every September.

49f565611b2777503871e8716291fef2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread