5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System for 2019 Ram

Snakes709

Reaction score
I installed the borla atak the other day. Having small regrets. I wanted a louder more rumbly exhaust but this is louder then I expected. Wondering how it would sound if i had resonators installed. Love the tone, just wish it was a little lower db

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I installed the borla atak the other day. Having small regrets. I wanted a louder more rumbly exhaust but this is louder then I expected. Wondering how it would sound if i had resonators installed. Love the tone, just wish it was a little lower db

My wife said that it was acceptable. Not preferred, but acceptable...:D

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
My wife just asked “why? You dont need it”. And really i didnt but im getting a wack of money from the VA and wanted to spend a little on the truck. Third 5.7 i have had and never had an exhaust on one. Lol.

Whenever I hear that I say "Oh yeah...how many pairs of shoes, boots, sandals do you really need hunny" ;)

Snakes709

Reaction score
Whenever I hear that I say "Oh yeah...how many pairs of shoes, boots, sandals do you really need hunny" ;)

Oh god that starts a whole new war. The only thing that is keeping her im check right now is im about to get $112,000 from the VA and im wiping her debt clean, minus her suv. So she knows she doesnt have to much to say. On another note. Just watched a video from borla and they released a resonator you can install later on if you find the atak to aggressive. Wonder if it will reduce the db. I want the aggressive tone, just quieter.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
I installed the magnaflow MF catback 6 months ago. Quite when you want it to be and good smooth rumble when you get on it. I get compliments on it almost weekly.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
I installed the magnaflow MF catback 6 months ago. Quite when you want it to be and good smooth rumble when you get on it. I get compliments on it almost weekly.
I’m getting Magnaflow cat back installed in a couple weeks nice to hear you like yours. I was curious about what people thought of Magnaflow not to many people talk about this one.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally don't like Borla overall -- I LOVE the throttle-up-under-load sound!!! but HATE that popcorn-decelerating sound from it (due to improper backpressure) .. but that is just me and my own opinion :)

Flowmaster also sounded awesome as well, but had a nasty DRONE at interstate cruising speeds that gave me a headache (again just my own personal experience and opinions here)

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh god that starts a whole new war. The only thing that is keeping her im check right now is im about to get $112,000 from the VA and im wiping her debt clean, minus her suv. So she knows she doesnt have to much to say. On another note. Just watched a video from borla and they released a resonator you can install later on if you find the atak to aggressive. Wonder if it will reduce the db. I want the aggressive tone, just quieter.
That will buy a lot of Ram accessories ! :ROFLMAO:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m getting Magnaflow cat back installed in a couple weeks nice to hear you like yours. I was curious about what people thought of Magnaflow not to many people talk about this one.
I love the Magnaflow cat back system on my Rebel! It has nice distant thunderstorm deep rumble but great on highway. Open up the windows and mash throttle and you will become a teenager at the dragstrip. You have absolute control with throttle of its loudness. Actually, if you look under modifications threads, there is a lot of Magnaflow discussion in those threads. Very well made system. Sometimes hard to line up tips in center of bumper cutouts but a simple hose clamp next to rubber block on hangers fixes that.

Karandhaliwal8

Reaction score
I got my borla s type installed today, sound is exactly what i wanted its a nice rumble only thing i wish it was bit louder. Iam gona try to delete resonator then go from there.

Snakes709

Reaction score
I got my borla s type installed today, sound is exactly what i wanted its a nice rumble only thing i wish it was bit louder. Iam gona try to delete resonator then go from there.

Where you located? I just installed the atak and i want it a little quieter lol

Snakes709

Reaction score
Im in Canada Vancouver but all my shippings comes to sumas Washington
I’m in Edmonton. Will be doing a trip the end of july to vegas then to san Fransisco and coming up along the coast. Will be coming back to canada in abbotsford. Not sure if you are interested but we could maybe trade mufflers. Pretty sure the tips and single pipes are the same so we would just have to swap mufflers.

Last edited:

Karandhaliwal8

Reaction score
I’m in Edmonton. Will be doing a trip the end of july to vegas then to san Fransisco and coming up along the coast. Will be coming back to canada in abbotsford. Not sure if you are interested but we could maybe trade mufflers. Pretty sure the tips and single pipes are the same so we would just have to swap mufflers.
Iam down for it

Users who are viewing this thread