5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System for 2019 Ram

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
My concern with the Borla is that their tips are longer than stock and am wondering if their system will clear the bed step. Here's a pic of the stock system:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My concern with the Borla is that their tips are longer than stock and am wondering if their system will clear the bed step. Here's a pic of the stock system:
View attachment 27889
I have Magnaflow cat back with long 5" exhaust tips and also was worried about that. Some members said it is ok if you release step slowly and not just let it slam. Also another said maybe washers could be added to mounting area to shim out some. I just 20 minutes ago ordered my step so will find out how well it clears when I install it.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I have Magnaflow cat back with long 5" exhaust tips and also was worried about that. Some members said it is ok if you release step slowly and not just let it slam. Also another said maybe washers could be added to mounting area to shim out some. I just 20 minutes ago ordered my step so will find out how well it clears when I install it.

Please let us know...!

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any issues with getting exhaust tips centered in bumper cutout? There is a simple 5 minute fix using hose clamps on hangers to keep them centered.
I only had an issue on the driver's side due to the factory bed step hitting the pipe which I was able to fix..Do you have any pics of the hose-clamp fix? I could probably center them a little bit better than they are. Thanks

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only had an issue on the driver's side due to the factory bed step hitting the pipe which I was able to fix..Do you have any pics of the hose-clamp fix? I could probably center them a little bit better than they are. Thanks
I did mine on my hoist and still had to move the spare tire heat shield to get it out in one piece. The passenger side tip was out of centre a bit but a hose clamp on the hanger got it perfect View attachment 11514
I found it! See photo in "war machine" quote above. Use a big set of slip joint pliers (water pump pliers) and shove the rubber block on hanger in direction needed, then add screw hose clamp to hold rubber block in that location. 5 minute fix!

Last edited:

ram420

Reaction score
After reading many posts on this forum, i went with magnaflow muffler 11229 ($90 shipped autohance.com) and had my local Meineke weld it in for ($106 with tax) and they also welded the weep holes on the resonators. I added the aem high flow air filter ($41 shipped ebay) and removed the carbon filter. What a difference! I am very happy with the sound and added response. Less than $240 spent.

freerider969

Reaction score
I just did a muffler delete on my stock rebel exhaust keeping the resonators.

i did that in both my 4th gen (2017) and my current 5th gen rebel (2019). The 4th gen was a tad louder since the resonators on the 5th gen are slightly larger. These trucks come with a car back from factory so why not just do a muffler delete and add a x pipe or straight pipe instead of spending 1-2k on system ? I’m really happy just doing the muffler delete and even seen an increase of 1-2 mpgs !!!
What system did you put in? I like the thought of just deleting the muffler. Do you get any drone.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I'm really on the fence between the Borla S-Type and the Atak system. Loud is great if the tone is good and there's no drone.

Karandhaliwal8

Reaction score
I changed my order to the Atak system. I figure if it's too loud, or it drones at all then I can get Borla's large resonator that replaces the smaller stock one.
Now you put me in thinking lol, if i should do the same. It hasn't shipped.

Aj30589

Reaction score
How do you like it? Is there any drone at interstate speeds? (70-80 MPH) Any other speeds?
As I said, I like a rumble. (Had a Flowmaster on my old Chebby.) Don't want to listen to a drone. This is too nice a truck to mess up.

(Your story is similar to my friend's. He did this with both a '17 and a '19. Said the '19 is not as loud. But he lives one state over, so I can't just "hop over" to listen.)

No there’s not much unless you really mash on the pedal. The big resonators do make it a bit more subtle and also rams have very quiet cabins . If you have 5th gen it won’t be as loud as 4th

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
Got the Borla Atak system on my truck. I love it. It's loud when you're on the gas but once the truck shifts into a higher gear it quiets down quite a bit. On the freeway you can barely hear it. I don't know what the Sport exhaust sounds like but I'm pleased w/ the Atak system, so long as my wife doesn't complain :LOL: I don't think she will and she is easily annoyed by sounds.

The Borla tips clear the deployable bed step as well.

Hustleman216

Reaction score
Waiting on the Borla s type to arrive . Was on the fence but was able to get it for $920 shipped and couldn’t pass on that deal so now we wait!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Waiting on the Borla s type to arrive . Was on the fence but was able to get it for $920 shipped and couldn’t pass on that deal so now we wait!
Starting to think about that one too. Post a sound clip once it’s on!

Users who are viewing this thread