5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Dash Cam

Didz

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m looking at getting a 2ch front/rear dash cam and wanted to ask more experienced folks what the best was.
I’m looking for a minimalist design (small/don’t need a screen on the camera). My current front runner is the Blackvue but $$$$$. Is that really the best and you get what you pay for or am I paying for name brand and there’s equivalent/better for cheaper?
I installed the Fitcamx on my car about a month ago, I got the dual cam (4k front / 1080P) rear and I am extremely happy with it. Picture quality is excellent and it's extremely easy to install and use. The fitment is great, looks OEM and the rear cam doesn't get noticed (stick on). I paid $288 shipped to the Persian Gulf.

I had been looking for a decent one for a while and was sold on the camera after watching @Waterfowler41 's review on his YouTube channel, I highly recommend the camera. It looks good in the car, easy to install, user friendly, picture and sound quality are clear.
Hey all. I’m looking at getting a 2ch front/rear dash cam and wanted to ask more experienced folks what the best was.
I’m looking for a minimalist design (small/don’t need a screen on the camera). My current front runner is the Blackvue but $$$$$. Is that really the best and you get what you pay for or am I paying for name brand and there’s equivalent/better for cheaper?

Cgalek

Reaction score
How did you run the wires to the rear camera? I’m wondering if it’s worth it to also get the rear.

Jarrod32

Reaction score
I got the FitcamX and installed it earlier today. It is as easy to install as they claim, though I did not direct wire it for parking activation, nor did I wire in a rear camera. Just the basic vanilla front cam. Took a screenshot of the first image from the cam, looking across my shed...seems to be a good, sharp image.

1696011679593.png

dannydyn

Reaction score
How did you run the wires to the rear camera? I’m wondering if it’s worth it to also get the rear.
There's a video out there on YouTube (sorry I don't have the link) that someone posted, showing how he routed the rear cam to the front. Basically he went through the rubber seal in the door jamb from the passenger side to the A pillar and made a left turn over the windshield, above the headliner into the front camera.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's a video out there on YouTube (sorry I don't have the link) that someone posted, showing how he routed the rear cam to the front. Basically he went through the rubber seal in the door jamb from the passenger side to the A pillar and made a left turn over the windshield, above the headliner into the front camera.
Mine tucked up above the headliner along passenger side Headliner. Pull door seals down, remove a-pillar and pop C-pillar loose all he excess cord is coiled up behind c-pillar panel.

Cgalek

Reaction score
Mine tucked up above the headliner along passenger side Headliner. Pull door seals down, remove a-pillar and pop C-pillar loose all he excess cord is coiled up behind c-pillar panel.
Thanks all. Got it all worked out this morning. Came out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online