5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Base 6 speaker upgrade options?

Bansheeman6100

Reaction score
So what are you recommending? 2 sets of the D4S, skip the rear tweeters and use one of their amps?

rick619

Reaction score
yeah option 2 comes with the adaptors for the tweeters to go in the place of the factory mids in the dash corners. front center is not really needed IMO with the dsr1 dsp you get time alignment for staging. i went all out with that setup it gets louder than most want to get. crew cab has alot of enclosure options if you have quad cab fox acoustics is really the only wat to go. i have a quad cab it's pretty loud and clear with alot of bass. i like it the infinity's got great reviews on amazon from ram owners i guy with the alpine system complained i guarantee it's because he kept the factory alpine amp. my door 6.5's are 2 + 7/8 i believe the 3 inch would not be a problem.
i don't want to step on toes but my friend at work has a 2023 that had that alpine or the harmon with the headliner speakers we thought it was not up to our par so. he dropped his truck off at a good shop in my area paid 5k for a all jl setup. custom box for 2 jl 10's rear doors front components and a 900 dollar jl 5 channel amp kept the 8.5 screen. sounds pretty good at 5k i hope so. he thinks mine sounds better i got about 1600 in mine but i did my own install if i had the money i would have just paid to have it done with my equipment. i would not add headliner speakers. he abandoned the center and headliner speakers.
i look like a D4S fan boy lol i have been a fosgate guy for over 25 years. quality and price D4S is hard to beat
i got this amp for 250 and it's unblameable. very powerful. as in i can't believe it's a 5 channel that is doing it all. look at the measurements and break out a tape measure. the pick makes it look huge but it's not really that big.
Down4Sound JP95 RED | 1500W RMS - 5 Channel Amplifier

That amp does look pretty large. Same with many of the sub boxes I've seen.

I'd like to get a modestly sized amp and pretty small sub. I don't want to take up all the room under the rear seats. I'd like to keep some inside storage for when I fold the seats up. Most likely a single 8" sub. Possibly a 10", but I'd have to see how large the box would be. I also don't want anything to be visible if someone is looking in the windows.

Reaction score
you have a crew cab so you have alot of room IMO but the e torque battery limits the amp mounting mine is where the battery would go. i mounted my amp behind the back seat you can't see it at all. as far as storage i have a hard bed cover and a bed so i didn't care about that however i get it some people want some under seat storage. with a quad cab that box in my truck that looks huge is only 2 cubic feet the minimum for my woofers the only thing i could find that would work in that space was Sundown. sounds like you should go with a 8 or a 10 really the 8 will work out best for space if that's a big concern. i went with the infinity's in the rear doors and the component's up front to be honest if no one is gonna be in the rear i would leave them out. if someone is in the back seat you most likely not going to have the music on at least i don't because normally there is conservation happening and music taste vairy so much. over the years i almost always delete rear speakers. plus that way a 4 channel amp can run the woofer bridged and the 2 channels left run the front. D4S has 1 more tiny powerhouse the JP3. it's super powerful and compact for a sub but you can go with alot of brands that will do the job. you could get this and a sundown 8 or go with the 10 set up i think you will be quite happy with the 8 though. if you go 4 channel this is good jp84. i think you should got to a reputable shop for the install unless you really confident i have done many installs and once worked at a car audio dealer installing so i did mine and it was a PIA. you should go with a small efficient amp it don't need to be super powerfull i'm thinking jp84. if you get a dsr1 it has a optional and bass knob.
dsr1 350
box 265
woofer 129
rca's and wire let's budget 100
6x9 70
componets 250.
amp?
=$1164 plus install and whatever amp you choose. it will sound lovely!

Reaction score
i'll post a pic of my amp mount but i ashamed of it i didn't carpet the board because it's not for display and you can't see it but still......after looking at the pic i'm going to have to carpet it and secure the wires i just swapped out from 2 amps and a bunch of other wiring to that 5 channel. my OCD kicking in it's driveling me crazy just knowing it look's like that.

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 13

rick619

Reaction score
you have a crew cab so you have alot of room IMO but the e torque battery limits the amp mounting mine is where the battery would go. i mounted my amp behind the back seat you can't see it at all. as far as storage i have a hard bed cover and a bed so i didn't care about that however i get it some people want some under seat storage. with a quad cab that box in my truck that looks huge is only 2 cubic feet the minimum for my woofers the only thing i could find that would work in that space was Sundown. sounds like you should go with a 8 or a 10 really the 8 will work out best for space if that's a big concern. i went with the infinity's in the rear doors and the component's up front to be honest if no one is gonna be in the rear i would leave them out. if someone is in the back seat you most likely not going to have the music on at least i don't because normally there is conservation happening and music taste vairy so much. over the years i almost always delete rear speakers. plus that way a 4 channel amp can run the woofer bridged and the 2 channels left run the front. D4S has 1 more tiny powerhouse the JP3. it's super powerful and compact for a sub but you can go with alot of brands that will do the job. you could get this and a sundown 8 or go with the 10 set up i think you will be quite happy with the 8 though. if you go 4 channel this is good jp84. i think you should got to a reputable shop for the install unless you really confident i have done many installs and once worked at a car audio dealer installing so i did mine and it was a PIA. you should go with a small efficient amp it don't need to be super powerfull i'm thinking jp84. if you get a dsr1 it has a optional and bass knob.
dsr1 350
box 265
woofer 129
rca's and wire let's budget 100
6x9 70
componets 250.
amp?
=$1164 plus install and whatever amp you choose. it will sound lovely!

Right on, that's what I have in mind. Was figuring $1000 - $1500, so something like this should work well. Definitley need to find a good shop to install everything. I can handle a simple speaker swap, but not going to try to setup an amp or anything that would require running new power and speaker wires.

Bansheeman6100

Reaction score
So, decided I am going to order the D4S components for front and rear, front tweeters, their amp, and skip a sub for now. Im also going to try to install it all myself, as paying a shop really isn't in my budget

Jedi9

Reaction score
I ordered 2 pairs of the Infinity 6x9 and a pair of Infinity 3.5s for the dash. Looking at the anc bypass harness, there is a PAC ANC-CH01 for $27 or an Idatalink bch3. for $15 (or $10 at Crutchfield but you have to pay shipping, but you do get an install sheet for speakers) It appears the Idatalink does the same thing as far as bypass goes but the PAC allows you to run amplified speaker outputs bypassing the ANC so if you are adding an amp the PAC is the way to go. It only allows for 4 speakers and I got 6 but I'm assuming the fronts will go to the front door and the dash, does this assumption seem correct? I don't plan on adding an amp now but may in the future. wonder how it would sound with using speaker level inputs amped right there under the front seat. would you still need a signal processor? No room for a sub, I load my backseat area up with tools all the time.

rick619

Reaction score
I ordered 2 pairs of the Infinity 6x9 and a pair of Infinity 3.5s for the dash. Looking at the anc bypass harness, there is a PAC ANC-CH01 for $27 or an Idatalink bch3. for $15 (or $10 at Crutchfield but you have to pay shipping, but you do get an install sheet for speakers) It appears the Idatalink does the same thing as far as bypass goes but the PAC allows you to run amplified speaker outputs bypassing the ANC so if you are adding an amp the PAC is the way to go. It only allows for 4 speakers and I got 6 but I'm assuming the fronts will go to the front door and the dash, does this assumption seem correct? I don't plan on adding an amp now but may in the future. wonder how it would sound with using speaker level inputs amped right there under the front seat. would you still need a signal processor? No room for a sub, I load my backseat area up with tools all the time.

I might try to avoid a sub at first too. Not crazy about taking up room under the back seat. 6X9 seem to produce half way decent bass.

Jedi9

Reaction score
I looked at underseat storage units for a quad, pretty much takes up all floor space, I usually have the back seats folded up

Users who are viewing this thread