5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Centerline

grinch72

Reaction score
Fwiw I took my current truck in for the center line and I got the same result. Said they couldn't find an issue. My replacement truck has it. I didn't push the issue since it will soon no longer be my problem.

I'll be certain to take a photo of the center line so I have proof it was there to show them if it ever goes away.
I would bring that up with them!! Say this is what I was talking about and show them the line on the replacement. I hate when dealers play dumb! They know it's missing!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would bring that up with them!! Say this is what I was talking about and show them the line on the replacement. I hate when dealers play dumb! They know it's missing!
Does anyone have anything from FCA that states that we are supposed to have the centerline? I'd like to have some info before approaching my dealer about it

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is in right now for recalls, etc., and I've asked about the centerline. Do either of you have the STAR case numbers that I can relay?

I'm still waiting for the CVPM part to come in. Whenever I go back to the dealership I'll be sure to get the STAR case number and pass it along here.

MattF

Reaction score
68318033-AG
It's interesting - googling that part number it looks to be the forward facing camera module....

Good it fixed.

My Laramie with nav and no towing does not have the center line...

Matt

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll check with my dealer and see. Do I need it? Not really. I've hooked up my trailer a few times and the zoom feature helps once I'm close. No real issues.

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my cvpm to come in too but my service dealer who I didn’t purchase from is replacing mine to try to fix the missing line too.

mharringer

Reaction score
Question for those with centerline:

I have an extremely tight fit for the garage (96"). Would you feel comfortable drawing a line down the middle of your garage and using the centerline as your guide? Stay on the centerline, and you will know you are in the middle? Is it that accurate? Or is it easy to get off the angle a bit?

I'm replacing a 2003 Tundra, so this is the first vehicle with a backup cam I will have owned (If it ever gets here.....)

grinch72

Reaction score

I have an extremely tight fit for the garage (96"). Would you feel comfortable drawing a line down the middle of your garage and using the centerline as your guide? Stay on the centerline, and you will know you are in the middle? Is it that accurate? Or is it easy to get off the angle a bit?

I'm replacing a 2003 Tundra, so this is the first vehicle with a backup cam I will have owned (If it ever gets here.....)
If you painted line while looking at your screen, I would trust it. I also find if I use the surround camera to park in a space and align the truck in the center of the space it is pretty damn close and accurate.

maddog49

Reaction score
Looking forward to getting that star case. Thanks for following up on this guys.

mharringer

Reaction score
If you painted line while looking at your screen, I would trust it. I also find if I use the surround camera to park in a space and align the truck in the center of the space it is pretty **** close and accurate.
Excellent! Thank you!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

We do this for our fire trucks but paint the line for the outer edge of the tire so if you are too far either way you better watch your mirrors cause they will hit.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my cvpm to come in too but my service dealer who I didn’t purchase from is replacing mine to try to fix the missing line too.
After I sent my dealer pics of three trucks on local lots with the surround view cameras, 12” screen, and a centerline, the service manager surprised me by ordering the latest version of the CVPM for my truck.

Long story short, they had the truck for a full day...and now I’ve not only lost all of my guide lines, but surround view as well. Grr.

Back it goes on Tuesday, when the field service rep will be onsite to take a look-see. Worst case, they just need to get all of my original features working again. Wish me luck!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After I sent my dealer pics of three trucks on local lots with the surround view cameras, 12” screen, and a centerline, the service manager surprised me by ordering the latest version of the CVPM for my truck.

Long story short, they had the truck for a full day...and now I’ve not only lost all of my guide lines, but surround view as well. Grr.

Back it goes on Tuesday, when the field service rep will be onsite to take a look-see. Worst case, they just need to get all of my original features working again. Wish me luck!
Good luck..... That pretty much convinces me to leave well enough alone. Don't really need it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/