5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Centerline

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
Here’s something from another thread. Search ‘centerline’.

Ok ok. We have established that the 12" screen with tow group has the line. The 8.4" screen with and without tow group has the line. So if you have those then there is no need to inform everyone that you have the line because we already know you do. We have also established that the 12" screen without tow group (with 360 camera) does NOT have the line. So if you have a 12" screen without the tow group and WITH 360 camera and you DO have the line, please comment because then we will see that there is a discrepancy.

I have the 360 camera and the centerline on my backup camera, and I do NOT have the tow package or tow brake controller.

Last edited:

jk101

Reaction score
I have a Limited without the Tow package nor a Tow Brake controller, I have 360 cam and I do have the center line.
10/24 build date

Dgulia

Reaction score
I have no tow package and no brake control. I have centerline. I think it's just an update issue.

grinch72

Reaction score
My dealer just called and just got my centerline working on my 12 with surround view. It isn't a software update. The dealer had to change out the CVPM which is "camera view something module". I will have more info when I pick up the truck but I now have a centerline!!

newram

Reaction score
My dealer just called and just got my centerline working on my 12 with surround view. It isn't a software update. The dealer had to change out the CVPM which is "camera view something module". I will have more info when I pick up the truck but I now have a centerline!!
Was it covered by the warranty?

grinch72

Reaction score
And it definitely was the CVPM?
Thats what the dealer claims. They tried changing the camera, didn't work, changed the radio, didn't work, changed some harness, no good. Finally they opened a star case and Ram told them to change to the CVPM and it worked. Just a note, the out my original camera, radio, etc back in. I think it was trial by fire for the dealer.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats what the dealer claims. They tried changing the camera, didn't work, changed the radio, didn't work, changed some harness, no good. Finally they opened a star case and Ram told them to change to the CVPM and it worked. Just a note, the out my original camera, radio, etc back in. I think it was trial by fire for the dealer.
Understood. I’ll defi be looking into this whenever I take mine in.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know where the CVPM is located? Just want to know if it's an easy swap for the dealer or if it requires radio removal...

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know where the CVPM is located? Just want to know if it's an easy swap for the dealer or if it requires radio removal...
I forgot to ask if this is something we are all supposed to have or is it for certain build dates? I want to be educated about it before I take mine in to the dealer.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for the lead. CVPM stands for Central Vision Processing Module (in case someone searches for it).

See attached. Just have to take the sill plate off the passenger side & that's it.

Attachments

• CVPM - Description and Operation.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 64
  • CVPM - Removal and Installation.pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 65

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I took mine in and told the dealer about replacing the CVPM to get the center line working. While troubleshooting the issue, the camera crapped out on them so they replaced it, but like yours that didn't resolve the center line issue. They opened a Star case and are waiting to hear back. Do you have your Star case number by chance so I can have them reference yours and get mine taken care of?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took mine in and told the dealer about replacing the CVPM to get the center line working. While troubleshooting the issue, the camera crapped out on them so they replaced it, but like yours that didn't resolve the center line issue. They opened a Star case and are waiting to hear back. Do you have your Star case number by chance so I can have them reference yours and get mine taken care of?
Great info. Thanks much.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck is in right now for recalls, etc., and I've asked about the centerline. Do either of you have the STAR case numbers that I can relay?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@grinch72, my dealer declined to address the missing centerline. They stated that they went out on the lot and looked at one or more trucks with similar options to mine, and the 12" UConnect with surround view cameras doesn't show a centerline on those trucks either.

They could find no STAR cases applying to trucks equipped like mine. The service manager did say that if I could give him a case number, he'd be happy to take a look. If you have yours or could get it for us, it would help out both @jloops and me.

grinch72

Reaction score
I
@grinch72, my dealer declined to address the missing centerline. They stated that they went out on the lot and looked at one or more trucks with similar options to mine, and the 12" UConnect with surround view cameras doesn't show a centerline on those trucks either.

They could find no STAR cases applying to trucks equipped like mine. The service manager did say that if I could give him a case number, he'd be happy to take a look. If you have yours or could get it for us, it would help out both @jloops and me.
i had a Ram cares case. Not sure if that’s the same as a star case. I will try and find that. Also tell your dealer he’s full of crap. You can find 100 longhorns online with 360 and the centerline. Luckily my dealer had trucks like mine on the lot that had the line.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Fwiw I took my current truck in for the center line and I got the same result. Said they couldn't find an issue. My replacement truck has it. I didn't push the issue since it will soon no longer be my problem.

I'll be certain to take a photo of the center line so I have proof it was there to show them if it ever goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread