5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab Stainless 5" exhaust tips

Reaction score
Well I just placed my order for the 5” Black Tip and Resonator Delete Kit. They will be shipped out on Monday, so depending on how long it takes to get across the border to Ontario I hopefully will have them next week. I don’t know if I‘m the first order with the black tips or not.

Then I’ll paint them with black BBQ (resonator delete) to stop the forming of surface rust or I’ll get some high temp clear coat so the pipe can look like the rest of the factory pipe.

I might get them installed next weekend, just depends on how the weather is. Good think about this social distancing is I can work on this in my driveway myself and kill some time doing something since I can’t go see anyone really.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the 5” tips for in the bumper cutout without any interference?

I second the wish for black chrome!

Reaction score
Do the 5” tips for in the bumper cutout without any interference?

I second the wish for black chrome!

From the pictures I have seen there is still wiggle room in the cut outs with the 5” tips.

The black chrome ones look nice, the factory ones are like a black chrome. But honestly looking at the powder coated tips that @B2 Fabrication has, it looks like that colour of black would better match the plastics on the tuck. Like the bumper plastic and the RAM head logo etc...

Can’t wait to get mine, hopefully next week.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So where did we end up on the powder coating question? I really like the look of the 5" exhaust tips in the flat black. I have powder coated a bunch of stuff at home and have heard the same thing about powder coating on exhaust tips.

I am back and forth between Carven and these. B2 being cheaper makes the decision easy but 100 yr warranty on Carven's tip is nothing to ignore. $165 vs $197...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Waterfowler41 ...all I can say is that the look and quality of the B2 powder coated tips is impressive...I am a very picky engineer and I cannot find a flaw in the tips. It's your $32 my friend. Are the carven tips ceramic coated or powder coated?

Reaction score
So where did we end up on the powder coating question? I really like the look of the 5" exhaust tips in the flat black. I have powder coated a bunch of stuff at home and have heard the same thing about powder coating on exhaust tips.

I am back and forth between Carven and these. B2 being cheaper makes the decision easy but 100 yr warranty on Carven's tip is nothing to ignore. $165 vs $197...

Not sure if you looked at Page 1 of this tread but I explained the process that I was told by Matt @B2 Fabrication .

The gist is, the tips are good up to 280F (137c) from what Matt told me. I have taken the temps of my tips a few times and usually in the 80-100F (26-37c) deg range, the outside temp was 46F (8c). Even when the weather warms up in the summer, I don't think the exhaust tips would get anywhere near 280F even in the hot weather. Plus with the tips being double walled, the out wall might night get as hot either. I did measurements with the factory tips which are single walled.

If you read page 1, near the bottom I explain the process hope it helps.

Also, the Carven website is $219 for the tips. For $30 more (if you can get them for $197) , I would almost say go with the Carven as they have a 100yr warranty and a Ceramic coated. If the price difference was way higher then I could see the decision being hard, but $30 more for something with 100yr warranty and ceramic rather then powder coat is not bad. Mine you, I don't really think you'd ever need a warranty and also the powder coat chips I'll go get a $5 can of high temp black paint or BBQ paint and refinish them. I went with Matt's because I ordered with the resonator delete pipe, so I wasn't just getting exhaust tips.

Reaction score
@Waterfowler41 ...all I can say is that the look and quality of the B2 powder coated tips is impressive...I am a very picky engineer and I cannot find a flaw in the tips. It's your $32 my friend. Are the carven tips ceramic coated or powder coated?

Carven are ceramic tips. So they do have the upper hand.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure the powder coat will be fine on the tips. Now if you were talking headers or something then powder coat wouldn't last. The tips are so far from the motor that the exhaust temps at the tips don't get to 1200-1500deg like the headers.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if you looked at Page 1 of this tread but I explained the process that I was told by Matt @B2 Fabrication .

The gist is, the tips are good up to 280F (137c) from what Matt told me. I have taken the temps of my tips a few times and usually in the 80-100F (26-37c) deg range, the outside temp was 46F (8c). Even when the weather warms up in the summer, I don't think the exhaust tips would get anywhere near 280F even in the hot weather. Plus with the tips being double walled, the out wall might night get as hot either. I did measurements with the factory tips which are single walled.

If you read page 1, near the bottom I explain the process hope it helps.

Also, the Carven website is $219 for the tips. For $30 more (if you can get them for $197) , I would almost say go with the Carven as they have a 100yr warranty and a Ceramic coated. If the price difference was way higher then I could see the decision being hard, but $30 more for something with 100yr warranty and ceramic rather then powder coat is not bad. Mine you, I don't really think you'd ever need a warranty and also the powder coat chips I'll go get a $5 can of high temp black paint or BBQ paint and refinish them. I went with Matt's because I ordered with the resonator delete pipe, so I wasn't just getting exhaust tips.

Ryan at Carven has a coupon code on his instagram for 10% off so Carven's are $197, I'll wait until you fellas post some long term feedback.

Thanks guys!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have my OEM SS tips for sale in the FOR SALE section of the forum.

RAM_OEM_TIPS.jpg

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp, both my dad and I bought the 2019+ polished tips from B2.

Spoke to Matt and there’s no ETA on when the black powder coated versions will be available but I talked to a local Company and they have a matte powder for hi-temp applications.

Also, considering powder versus cerakoting.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp, both my dad and I bought the 2019+ polished tips from B2.

Spoke to Matt and there’s no ETA on when the black powder coated versions will be available but I talked to a local Company and they have a matte powder for hi-temp applications.

Also, considering powder versus cerakoting.

Curious if you got any quotes on the local finishing options.

Really wish there was a way to match the factory black chrome tips. Those look pretty sharp. That on these B2 tips would be fantastic!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$20/tip for hi-temp powder coating
$50/tip for cerekoting.

This is from a reputable coater here in Chicagoland area.

The $10 extra for B2’s isn’t bad but I’m impatient and I want to try and match the tips to the bumper finish as close as possible.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
$20/tip for hi-temp powder coating
$50/tip for cerekoting.

This is from a reputable coater here in Chicagoland area.

The $10 extra for B2’s isn’t bad but I’m impatient and I want to try and match the tips to the bumper finish as close as possible.
I think the powder coating is way plenty for this application. I love the way the black tips look and I'll never have to polish away the soot ever again:D

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
695181cc03909215a5bbe8dfa622c9f7.jpg

These guys showed up today. Off to powder they go!

Users who are viewing this thread