5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab Stainless 5" exhaust tips

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We are now offering direct fit replacement exhaust tips for your 5th gen Ram. These are 5" stainless tips that offer an upgraded look from the stamped 4" factory tips. These bolt on using the clamps from your factory tips. They are available in polished stainless with the B2Fabrication logo or in black powder coat. Price is $185 per set for polished, $205 for powder coated, price includes shipping.
I only have 4 sets of powder coated at the moment, they will sell pretty fast but I should have more in a couple of weeks. We also make these for the 4th Gen Ram and Classic Ram.

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG
polish tip.jpg
Ram 1500 exhaust tips.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome you now have black available! Are those the new tips on that Rebel? They look like the OEM 4”.

I’d like to see a comparison with the stock tip and 5” tip installed.

not only with both 5” installed. But with the factory tip on my side and the 5” on the other side. Just to get an idea of how much bigger the 5” look.

Did you happen to take a picture like that when you installed you 5” SS?

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That was a picture a customer sent me, I thought they looked a little small as well but I think it was the angle of the picture. I can at least take a picture of these next to the factory 4" ones tomorrow. I do not have a Ram here to photograph the tips at the moment though.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

not only with both 5” installed. But with the factory tip on my side and the 5” on the other side. Just to get an idea of how much bigger the 5” look.

I’ll get you some pics in the morning. I was adjusting one of the tips and snapped the oem bolt so now I have to buy another bolt. But I’ll be able to snap the tips side by side and then maybe how each look on the truck in the morning.

Patsy1099

Reaction score

I know this isn’t a complete answer to your request but it’s raining out and I’m waiting on a clamp bolt that I snapped. Once that arrives I will install one SS 5” tip and one 4” oem black tip so you can see them installed. In the meantime here they are side by side off the truck. Excuse the dirty black tip, haven’t cleaned it up yet.

Attachments

• 18F379BC-412F-41E1-A623-7E9C17A4A5FB.jpeg
    18F379BC-412F-41E1-A623-7E9C17A4A5FB.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 203
  • E30EEFE2-6C7C-4AE0-8655-3D1AF340B76B.jpeg
    E30EEFE2-6C7C-4AE0-8655-3D1AF340B76B.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 209
  • A680F7E0-E205-42F4-9551-F11C9A9B2723.jpeg
    A680F7E0-E205-42F4-9551-F11C9A9B2723.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 208
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a complete answer to your request but it’s raining out and I’m waiting on a clamp bolt that I snapped. Once that arrives I will install one SS 5” tip and one 4” oem black tip so you can see them installed. In the meantime here they are side by side off the truck. Excuse the dirty black tip, haven’t cleaned it up yet.

Wow that is huge difference, I heard the stock tip is considered 4.5” and not 4” is this true? Either way I think the rolled edge makes the factory one look really small. It will be nice to see them on the truck once you get the bolt replaced. I think just those picture made up my mind on getting them.

I am just debating between black and S/S, I do like the black and nothing else on the truck is SS and when I do someone with my rim I want them to be black or black/blue to match my truck. I am just debating if the powder-coating will last or not, but I guess worst case scenario I get them ceramic dipped or paint them with BBQ paint If they start peeling.

I’ll wait and see once you get the pic of the S/S. I know Matt has a limited selection of the powder coated black tips

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Wow that is huge difference, I heard the stock tip is considered 4.5” and not 4” is this true? Either way I think the rolled edge makes the factory one look really small. It will be nice to see them on the truck once you get the bolt replaced. I think just those picture made up my mind on getting them.

I am just debating between black and S/S, I do like the black and nothing else on the truck is SS and when I do someone with my rim I want them to be black or black/blue to match my truck. I am just debating if the powder-coating will last or not, but I guess worst case scenario I get them ceramic dipped or paint them with BBQ paint If they start peeling.

I’ll wait and see once you get the pic of the S/S. I know Matt has a limited selection of the powder coated black tips

I wanted to try and get another vid up tonight and maybe some pics of them on one at at time but it has been pouring rain here since this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow. I will say though that the pics don’t even do them justice. These things are friggin ginormous!

Patsy1099

Reaction score

Finally got some comparison pics. I’ll also post a vid in the other thread.

Below is the 5” SS, then the 4” Black, then a wide shot of them both on the truck, last shot is of both 5” SS

Attachments

• 702F2BF5-A31C-448B-AA72-0ABE1DB84B34.jpeg
    702F2BF5-A31C-448B-AA72-0ABE1DB84B34.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 9D566EF8-B76F-46A0-A420-D6C0A28F927F.jpeg
    9D566EF8-B76F-46A0-A420-D6C0A28F927F.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 243
  • C532ECE1-26C8-457E-A39A-DBBF86C7832F.jpeg
    C532ECE1-26C8-457E-A39A-DBBF86C7832F.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 788F66CA-4806-4E1C-975E-9C3E3EECDACA.jpeg
    788F66CA-4806-4E1C-975E-9C3E3EECDACA.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 247

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Below is the 5” SS, then the 4” Black, then a wide shot of them both on the truck, last shot is of both 5” SS
Thanks Patsy...the 4" is definitely the way to go.........

Reaction score
I was being facetious my friend...the 5" look amazing and would be my choice!

Haha, I kind of figured you were but you can never tell on the internet.

Yes I'm going to go with the 5" black ones, just need to pay Matt and wait for the shipment. I'm sure shipments like this will be delayed due to the pandemic, especially since mine would be going across the border to Canada.

Reaction score

Looking good man, I still want the black tips but the size difference is amazing, The 5" really fill the cut out nicely. I do like the SS ones as well, but between having everything on a blackout truck and me not keeping up on washing the black ones are what I am sticking with.

Thanks for getting the pictures I requested, it really helps with pulling the trigger on the 5" tips.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
The 5” definitely fills the cutout better as you said. It certainly gives it a stouter and meaner look to match the new growl. I never had black tips until this truck and really liked them but the SS really makes the 5” pop and draws your attention to where the sounds is coming from, in case you weren’t sure :D I’ll be curious to see pics of the 5” in black when someone gets them.

Reaction score
@B2 Fabrication ...Matt, what do you anticipate the durability of the powder coat finished tips to be as was referenced above by @19BlueStreakSport mentioned above?

@B2 Fabrication ...Matt, what do you anticipate the durability of the powder coat finished tips to be as was referenced above by @19BlueStreakSport mentioned above?

I have been talking to Matt all week regarding the durability of the tips as I was/am a little concerned about powder coating on exhaust systems as people tend to ceramic coat or paint with BBQ paint. I've been looking all around forums (of difference vehicle types) that had done powder coating and some say it's ok and others have had problems. The ones I noticed that have had problems with powder coat were vehicles that has motors close to the exhaust tips where heat would probably be higher. I think because our tips are so far away from the motor that by the time the flow gets to the tips it would have cooled down. I did measure my tips after driving for 1hr in 8deg weather my drivers side tip was about 90-92deg and my passenger side was about 98-100deg. I assume because the piping is shorter from exhaust to tip on passenger side is why there is a difference between the 2.

I was told there is no warranty or anything if the powder coat does not work, now this could be because I'm in Canada and it cost lots of money to ship back and fourth. So it may or may not be the same if you live in the US, as shipping cost for "warranty" would be cheaper. So there is no guarantees on the coating.

Now, with the being said he did outline the process. So he uses a DA Sander (random orbital sander) to sand the tips down, then sandblast the insides and edges. Then the tips go to the powder coaters that do a 4 parts process, not sure what they do but from my understanding on 4 part process with powder coats it involved, sandblasting, chemicals to help clean and adhere the powder, powder coating and then the oven baking. I was told the tips are good for 280deg by Matt.

I know he is busy with orders as his responses are slow and he let me know that he has been inundated with orders. So just wanted to give you some insight on what I know from chatting to him about the tips.

Also, the powder coaters do powder coating for Frieghliner as I was told by Matt. Also he told me the powder coaters have done tips for other people/companies and they haven't received any complaints.

I wish there was some sort of guarantee on the powder coat, as most people ceramic coat due to heat. Again he might do something if you live in the US and have a problem. But as far as those living in Canada, we are out of luck.

I'm not to concerned about the powder coating lasting long or not, I mean it would be nice if it did but really it's only $10 more for the powder coating so if it doesn't last no biggy not like you are paying $50 or so more to have the special black tips. Worst case if they start peeling, I will just go buy some rustoleum BBQ paint and recoat them like most people do in all the forums I have visited. Or I will get the ceramic coated, as another option.

I'm willing to take a $10 chance that the powder coat will last, and if it doesn't then another $10 for a can of BBQ paint will make them black again!!

Trust me I went back and fourth with Matt because I was concerned, especially being in Canada paying shipping/duties and taxes. At the end of the day they are only $10 more then the SS which I don't want. So I figured what do I have to loose, $10 that's it. If I got the SS tips I'd be getting BBQ paint doing it myself anything, and I don't have access to sandblasting. After Matt explained the process, I am satified.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Th 5" look nice, also where did you get the trailer hitch step/stopper with light?

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Th 5" look nice, also where did you get the trailer hitch step/stopper with light?

the hitch step and lights are separate. I will put the links below. They work awesome. Bright! I do not have them hooked to the reverse lights because they are too bright to always come on when im backing up. I only turn them on when backing up my dark driveway or other very dark areas. I have them on a switch in the cab. I also have a switch for the front light bars.

Smittybilt 27046B Beaver Step for 2" Hitch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K23KQ0/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apip_awb5Ehxz1ZMxb

Nilight 2pcs 7.5" 36w Flood Led Light Bar Jeep Off Road Lights 12v Led Light Super Br... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073LK5GX5/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apip_yk6pAX9THg2e4

ELITEWILL 2'' Tow Light Bracket... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSRFTQY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Users who are viewing this thread