5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 5th Gen RAM, available now.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you should ask because I did this weekend and I rarely tow. It wasn't bad at all. You can definitely tell you have an exhaust system when towing up hill but otherwise it's quite tame.
Appreciate the info. What were you towing?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously she doesn't understand how the adjusted back pressure from the aftermarket exhaust helps towing... right? Sounds convincing enough haha.
"See honey, the increased airflow creates an updraft under the trailer that reduces the tongue weight. That frees up payload so you can bring more stuff with you next time. I just care about you being comfortable."

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
How is the interior sound when at cruising speed? Similar to stock?
Very. I can hear the exhaust a little in MDS but it still doesn't drone and doesn't make the helicopter noise like some other active fuel management systems do. I can definitely hear it going up hills but again, no drone. It's very pleasant.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really need to figure out a way to convince my wife that I need this to tow the camper.:unsure:
A real man with 3.92s just buys the Borla cause they want to hear the truck.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey now, this 3.92 truck has the Borla ATAK.
I think your truck might have been built with 3.21s by mistake.

Do you ever get an uncontrollable urge to drink LaCroix and eat avocado toast?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think your truck might have been built with 3.21s by mistake.

Do you ever get an uncontrollable urge to drink LaCroix and eat avocado toast?
No, I'm not the one turning in my man card because the Borla ATAk is too loud

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the loudness. Don't like the way it sounds.

Of course, I can't hardly hear it anway.

JHardy0822

Reaction score
zero complaints from the AWE 0FG system. Came from a borla ATAK but was just too loud for me. Sounded awesome but too loud. Fitment is top notch. There are more pieces but it allows for more adjustments.
I had the atak.. same thing was super loud I was looking at the awe but on American trucks it says it’s super loud like the atak.. any input?? Thanks

Klicht87

Reaction score
I had the atak.. same thing was super loud I was looking at the awe but on American trucks it says it’s super loud like the atak.. any input?? Thanks
It's loud when you stomp on it but has a nice growl throughout. Not as loud as the ATAK. When I'm just cruising at highway speeds, you barely hear it. You do hear the difference when it switches to MDS.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only time its loud like the Atak is at cold start. After that its nowhere near as obnoxious as the Atak is, way quieter in the cab as well. Here is a cold start video from mine when I first installed it.

Users who are viewing this thread