5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 5th Gen RAM, available now.

Nova90

Reaction score
Stopped by AWE Tuning to have them install an AWE 0FG cat-back exhaust. They are having some issues with their supplier related to the quality of their last delivery of black tips. We had to push back the install a couple of times while we waited for the black tips. They offered to get the install completed and put the silver ones on for now until the black ones come in. The truck sounds unbelievable. We drove it to our beach house in NJ (a little over 2 hours each way) this weekend and the interior comfort is not compromised one bit...cruised 70-80 on the Atlantic City Expressway with no drone whatsoever...radio on 6...and could still have a conversation in the cab with no problem. Just what I wanted. I wanted to wake it up a bit while not wanting to hang myself after long drives.

IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg IMG_0856.jpg

Velocity

Reaction score
I just installed the AWE OFG exhaust on my Ram. It’s amazing honestly.l! Fitment is perfect! Tip adjustment is great! Build quality is great! Sound is amazing!

I had the B2 fabrication cut and clamp muffler before, stock resonators were still on the truck. The OFG is quieter in the cab than the B2 with the stock piping was. I don’t even know how it’s possible. All of the sound comes out of the back tips. When I really get into it the OFG is a bit louder but definitely not invasive, sounds great! I am beyond satisfied with the purchase!

Nova90

Reaction score
I just installed the AWE OFG exhaust on my Ram. It’s amazing honestly.l! Fitment is perfect! Tip adjustment is great! Build quality is great! Sound is amazing!

I had the B2 fabrication cut and clamp muffler before, stock resonators were still on the truck. The OFG is quieter in the cab than the B2 with the stock piping was. I don’t even know how it’s possible. All of the sound comes out of the back tips. When I really get into it the OFG is a bit louder but definitely not invasive, sounds great! I am beyond satisfied with the purchase!
It puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a spin

Velocity

Reaction score
It’s gotten a bit louder as I’ve driven it. Lol. Definitely louder inside on acceleration than the B2 setup was now. Sound is still awesome though. It is quieter when the MDS kicks on though. With the B2 I’d get some bad drone at around 60 mph when the MDS would kick in, that’s the only time it was annoying. But with the OFG I don’t ever get any drone.

mffdvr

Reaction score

Awesome!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Where did you order from and how long did production and delivery take? I ordered mine direct from AWE on August 2nd...still in production queue. :unsure:

Velocity

Reaction score
Awesome!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Where did you order from and how long did production and delivery take? I ordered mine direct from AWE on August 2nd...still in production queue. :unsure:
I ordered from Redline360.com. Placed the order on August 23rd and it was delivered to my house on August 29th. It was supposed to be delivered August 27th but FEDEX had some issues and couldn’t get it to me on time.

mffdvr

Reaction score
I ordered from Redline360.com. Placed the order on August 23rd and it was delivered to my house on August 29th. It was supposed to be delivered August 27th but FEDEX had some issues and couldn’t get it to me on time.
...still waiting here :cautious:

Hey @Josh/AWE - Perhaps you can take a peek on my behalf? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Rebelde21

Reaction score
I installed one on my Rebel about a month ago and must say, this exhaust system is awesome!! It seems like everyone compliments me on it.

Excellent fit and finish, and I mean excellent! The final adjustments were great for a perfectionist like me...you can really get it lined up perfectly. The appearance is awesome! The sound is exactly what I wanted in regard to volume and tone. The install was easy--minus getting the rubber hangers off the stock muffler lol. Buy the tool if you don't want to cuss once or twice!

The only downfall, and I knew something seemed wrong...the exhaust clamps called for 60 or 65ft-lbs if I recall. The 'ball joint' for the final tip alignment is not 65ft-lbs. Maybe I missed it in the instruction booklet, but one of my ball joint clamps snapped when trying to torque it. 'Funny' that I was telling my friend the whole time 'This bolt/clamp cannot be 65ft-lbs like the others.' Only to have him reply 'that's what it said' so I kept going, brought it up again, kept going, and snap went the bolt. BOOM tip hit the ground. I almost cried, stared at it for a bit, but luckily that black chrome finish is well adhered. I got some minor dings and scratches, and had to reuse the stock clamp on one side, but it worked out.

Last edited:

Velocity

Reaction score
I was about to post yesterday about the torque specs for the tips. Ended up getting side tracked and forgot to post it. I didn’t torque mine to 60 ft-lbs initially, didn’t seem right. Then I noticed the driver side tip would fall a little as I would drive and I was having to mess with it every few days. I got the torque wrench and never made it to 60 ft-lbs, it snapped the bolt. Luckily, the tip fell into my lap. I put a grade 8 nut and bolt in the clamp and torqued it to the spec and now it doesn’t move.

I completely agree on the sound. It’s quiet unless I want it to wake up. That’s subjective of course but I did not want an obnoxious exhaust and I think I got the perfect combo in this setup. Definitely like it a lot. It is strange that mine is slightly louder at 60 mph with the cruise set than it is at 70 mph with the cruise set. But not enough to complain about in my opinion.

mffdvr

Reaction score
Alright alright alright...shipment finally received (ordered August 2nd). Next step, get my truck back from the dealership for a leaky rear window (just dropped it off this a.m.), then I'll get this darn exhaust installed. 🙃

SDRAM19

Reaction score
Ordered mine Aug 8th from AWE website. Just received the tracking number today. 3 months...???
Tough to wait that long when you read posts from guys that order the same setup from a secondary dealer and get it in less than a week...
 I contemplated cancelling this order multiple times debating if I really needed/wanted this mode.
Also, I was a little hesitant this would be too loud for the fam/neighbors...then I reached down the front of my pants to check to see if I still had a pair...

I'll shoot an update once it's recieved/installed.

Thank you all for your feedback and contributions here as it is what makes this community so great....and expensive!

rogerthat

Reaction score
Ordered mine Aug 8th from AWE website. Just received the tracking number today. 3 months...???
Tough to wait that long when you read posts from guys that order the same setup from a secondary dealer and get it in less than a week...
 I contemplated cancelling this order multiple times debating if I really needed/wanted this mode.
Also, I was a little hesitant this would be too loud for the fam/neighbors...then I reached down the front of my pants to check to see if I still had a pair...

I'll shoot an update once it's recieved/installed.

Thank you all for your feedback and contributions here as it is what makes this community so great....and expensive!
I’m in the same boat as you were… ordered 9/22, was told 3-4 week lead time. Going on 7 weeks now. Disappointing, have debated cancelling as well and putting that money to different mods. I’m sure I’ll be staring at the 10-12 week lead time I’ve been seeing on the forums.

Velocity

Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken, it seems like the black tips is holding most of the orders back. Not sure why they take a while to restock them. But I ordered the chrome tips, when I was looking around I didn’t see any sets with black tips in stock. I wanted the chrome ones anyway though.

MaydayMalone

Reaction score
Anyone have the Corsa Performance Exhaust?? Any regrets? I am leaning towards Corsa. Any thoughts?

rogerthat

Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken, it seems like the black tips is holding most of the orders back. Not sure why they take a while to restock them. But I ordered the chrome tips, when I was looking around I didn’t see any sets with black tips in stock. I wanted the chrome ones anyway though.
This was the issue with my order.. my sales rep from AWE reached out and said they are having an issue with their black tip supplier. They offered to send the exhaust out with chrome tips and then send black tips when they arrive in stock in January. I’m happy with that, essentially will have two sets of tips.

Nova90

Reaction score
This was the issue with my order.. my sales rep from AWE reached out and said they are having an issue with their black tip supplier. They offered to send the exhaust out with chrome tips and then send black tips when they arrive in stock in January. I’m happy with that, essentially will have two sets of tips.
That's exactly what happened with mine. Got tired of waiting on the black tips due to supply issues. The AWE rep offered to install them with the chrome and they sent me out a black set once they came in. Just swapped out the chrome tips for the black ones for the winter...maybe, I'll put the chrome back on next spring.

Markystang

Reaction score
Anyone have the Corsa Performance Exhaust?? Any regrets? I am leaning towards Corsa. Any thoughts?
I have it on my '21 Laramie.
Honestly, it sounds awesome, but it's not as loud as I was hoping it would be. I have to be on it pretty good to hear it.
The brushed stainless tips look sweet. The install was easy and everything fit well.

skylineguv

Reaction score
Managed to make it two weeks into ownership before changing something on the vehicle.

AWE exhaust ordered mid last week, shipped half way around the world, and on the vehicle today. Will get more miles on it tomorrow, but first impressions from the trip home were very positive :)

6093C873-C3F3-466D-9AC8-D0E23903EFAE.jpeg 83576975-54A5-45EC-AEFB-F30A89FD42A1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread