5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic high beams and Automatic rain wipers.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After all those vehicles I bought (and most of then are packed with these similar technologies or even more advanced than this) none of those issue ever happened on those cars except this truck. Yes, a bad sensor, windshield issue or software issue could cause the problem BUT it also shouldn't happen on a brand new vehicle.

and FCA is infamous for its terrible electronics quality controls. (Check out Alfa Romeo Giulia)
Well...if that’s your belief, you knew this going in. No offense, but why’d you buy a Ram?

Scarittagle

Reaction score
Well...if that’s your belief, you knew this going in. No offense, but why’d you buy a Ram?

Got the most equipment and the best interior in the class my budget can buy. F150 and Silverado are either interior is too outdated or don't have the tech I need.

Reaction score
Mine work largely as expected. It doesn't need to be super dark. What I find to be annoying is I need to have the turn signal stock in the forward position, which takes it out of range of my fingers when I want to signal a turn.

kurtdoten

Reaction score
According to the Owner's Manual you have to do more than just activate the high beams in UConnect.

To Activate
1. The Automatic High Beams are enabled through the
Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia”
for further information.
2. Turn the headlight switch to the AUTO headlight position.
3. Push the multifunction lever away from you (toward
front of vehicle) to engage the high beam mode.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to the Owner's Manual you have to do more than just activate the high beams in UConnect.

To Activate
1. The Automatic High Beams are enabled through the
Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia”
for further information.
2. Turn the headlight switch to the AUTO headlight position.
3. Push the multifunction lever away from you (toward
front of vehicle) to engage the high beam mode.
Yep. And you'll know if you did it right, since the cluster displays a message confirming this when you push the lever into position.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine seem to be working fine but my wipers skip at the top/full extension. Only had it for 3 weeks and 1100 miles. Truck was built in September though so maybe they are just getting old and/or sitting in the Florida sun that long without use messed them up. I’ll ask my dealer.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Sorry for these revival but my issue pertains to this.... but my automatic high beams aren't working and I'm getting a CEL that says Implausible Data Received from AHBM, B2854. Any ideas what could cause this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cipherbreak

Reaction score
Both systems work in my truck. The rain sensing wipers work great—better than on my BMW. They seem to adjust to the level of rain progressively, where on my BMW the wipers are a tad too sensitive. On the other hand, the automatic high beams on the RAM are too sensitive and are easily confused by reflectors or miscellaneous lights along the road, so it constantly switches between low and high beams. That system works perfectly in my BMW but in the RAM it can be very annoying.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for these revival but my issue pertains to this.... but my automatic high beams aren't working and I'm getting a CEL that says Implausible Data Received from AHBM, B2854. Any ideas what could cause this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'm guessing since I'm familiar with Ram/Chrysler terminology, but AHBM probably stands for Automatic High Beam Module, except, I do not see a reference to it in the Service Manual. The system description only mentions a Automatic High Beam Control which interfaces with the Body Control Module (BCM). Just another guess, but I'm suspicious that the automatic high beam circuit or module is not talking to the BCM.

Sorry I can't really help you. I think a trip to the dealer is required.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018460 miles.

shanora

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 Ram Sport. I am also having issues with the high beams. I have it turned on in Uconnect. I initially get the message that Auto high beams enabled. But they do not turn off when vehicles are oncoming. They will turn off when I slow down enough. Then randomly I'll get the message automatic high beams disabled...and that's it, they will no longer switch on. At all. Even with the stick forward, and the setting showing it's selected. So currently I don't have it enabled. I upgraded from a 2015 ram...and they worked there

But I'm also having issues with my park sensors randomly kicking it when nothing is around....so I wonder if I need a firmware upgrade (going to attempt that tonight).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
the blue indicator went on , so I am sure it was high. Plus I can see the differences when it light are projected on the road.
@Scarittagle, Sorry to drag up an old post but did you ever get this fixed or figured out. I just got my 2020 and am having the same issue. It is enabled in Uconnect, the headlight switch is on Auto, but when I push the stalk forward the high beams just come on and there is no message on the gauge display.

Gwok

Reaction score
After all those vehicles I bought (and most of then are packed with these similar technologies or even more advanced than this) none of those issue ever happened on those cars except this truck. Yes, a bad sensor, windshield issue or software issue could cause the problem BUT it also shouldn't happen on a brand new vehicle.

and FCA is infamous for its terrible electronics quality controls. (Check out Alfa Romeo Giulia)
Did you ever figure out the problem. Having same issue with a 1 day old 2020 Limited. On in Uconnect, Switch to Auto, Lever pushed forward but still no message in display that it is activated and hi beams just stay on when approaching other cars.

Gwok

Reaction score
@Scarittagle, Sorry to drag up an old post but did you ever get this fixed or figured out. I just got my 2020 and am having the same issue. It is enabled in Uconnect, the headlight switch is on Auto, but when I push the stalk forward the high beams just come on and there is no message on the gauge display.
Same problem here. Anyone have a dealer response on this issue? Thanks...

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the problem. Having same issue with a 1 day old 2020 Limited. On in Uconnect, Switch to Auto, Lever pushed forward but still no message in display that it is activated and hi beams just stay on when approaching other cars.
Just got my truck back from the dealer for this. It is working now, it sounds like they just did some sort of reset/re-initialization on that module that controls the auto dimming high beams. Hoping that it sticks and I don't have to bring it back but working for now. It was only there for an hour. I would get a hold of your dealer and have them try the same.

Gwok

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealer for this. It is working now, it sounds like they just did some sort of reset/re-initialization on that module that controls the auto dimming high beams. Hoping that it sticks and I don't have to bring it back but working for now. It was only there for an hour. I would get a hold of your dealer and have them try the same.
Thanks so much and will do!

Micko24

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Just bought it last Friday... in the dealership now...

U

User_21361

Would love to know if this reset can be done without going to the dealership. Anyone have any ideas?

Micko24

Reaction score
Your rebel has the same problem too? Ahhh man... I have a Rebel 12 2020 as well...

Users who are viewing this thread