5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Start/Stop error

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine still works like a charm. It stops when I put it in park and press the button and starts again when I get back in and press the button ready to go. Pretty slick.

KevBo

Reaction score
Just had the update done. My auto start/stop isn't disabled in tow/haul mode. Will update when we hit the road again and are towing more.
What is the update? I've been getting the "service start/stop" error quite a bit lately. I hardly ever use tow/haul mode - I get the error even if I press the button to disable start/stop. Thanks

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the update? I've been getting the "service start/stop" error quite a bit lately. I hardly ever use tow/haul mode - I get the error even if I press the button to disable start/stop. Thanks
Says it was a flash of the HCP (Hybrid Control Processor) module.

PFRBrewski

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie 1500 with 17K miles. I am having the same issue with the auto start/stop error light and blinking check engine. Happened in March 22 and they changed a wiring harness and an acuator. Happened again 2 weeks later was undriveable and towed to dealer. They told me I had water in gas and charge me $1600 to fix it. I told them it was ******** and it was the same issue I had in March. I was without the vehicle for 30 days. Got it back and the same thing just happened again so it clearly wasn't water in the gas. I am taking back to the dealer later today so they can throw more parts at it. This is ridiculous they can't resolve the issue when so many people are having the same problem

J4U

Reaction score
Joining the club, actually been a member of it for many months now. Cylinder 5 threw a misfire code, swapped coil packs with 2 and came back with 5 misfire again. Took it in a month or so ago and they replaced the Fuel Injector. That code hasn't come back yet, but this stupid auto start/stop light is driving me nuts after 2 hood switch replacements. Last one just replaced again yesterday. auugh

Going to trace the wires and see if there is an issue outside the switch.
They didn't replace the hood switch the other times! When I went in and looked, they had replaced the hood latch again and I even told them what part!

When I saw that I took the cowl off and took the hood switch out and tested it. It passed but decided to take some isoprop alcohol and clean the inside of the switch as well as the contacts in the plug. The plug was pretty dirty.

They called me and just gave me the hood switch but haven't replaced it yet.

After the cleaning I haven't had the auto start/stop light come on yet and it's been two weeks. Fingers crossed.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie 1500 with 17K miles. I am having the same issue with the auto start/stop error light and blinking check engine. Happened in March 22 and they changed a wiring harness and an acuator. Happened again 2 weeks later was undriveable and towed to dealer. They told me I had water in gas and charge me $1600 to fix it. I told them it was ******** and it was the same issue I had in March. I was without the vehicle for 30 days. Got it back and the same thing just happened again so it clearly wasn't water in the gas. I am taking back to the dealer later today so they can throw more parts at it. This is ridiculous they can't resolve the issue when so many people are having the same problem
I would show them this TSB. It was listed as a recall for the HCP on my service invoice.

Also would want my money back for the previous "fix." Get @RamCares involved if you need to.

07f183f6910cf8c58d89a8441a9888e8.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would show them this TSB. It was listed as a recall for the HCP on my service invoice.

Also would want my money back for the previous "fix." Get @RamCares involved if you need to.

07f183f6910cf8c58d89a8441a9888e8.jpg
Doesn't that TSB only affects '22 models? I'm not sure they'll apply it to his '21. But it's at least worth bringing it up on his next visit.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't that TSB only affects '22 models? I'm not sure they'll apply it to his '21. But it's at least worth bringing it up on his next visit.
Not sure what they'd do about it, but if he's having the same issue, definitely should be fixed and tracked.

Rukus7665

Reaction score
My stop/start just randomly disengaged and got the yellow A! On my dash at a stop light . The guy behind me almost rear-ended me because my truck wouldnt re-engage to drive.

15004x42022

Reaction score
Hi all. First post on here. We have a new 2022 Ram 1500 limited with 7500 miles. The other day, out of no where, while driving normally around town, we got warning lights and chime for Electronic Stability Control and auto start/stop. The auto start stop doesn’t work (don’t know about the ESC.) Was hoping the issue would resolve on its own after a few days but it hasn’t. Taking it to the dealer in two days. Really hoping this doesn’t turn into a drawn out process. Anyone have these two warning lights come on simultaneously out of the blue?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Mine came on today immediately after starting it. Ram an errand, went away with a restart. 2021, 19k on it. We shall see what the evening brings

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If your truck doesn’t have etorque. Then it’s a different problem than others in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whazzzzzup17

Reaction score
I just encountered this error light at about 5000 miles. Originally I also had an electronic error at 1000 miles. Hopefully there is a fix/solution. RAM 1500 2022 4x2 eTorque

tdogdfw

Reaction score
Add another 2022 RAM Limited to the list. It's about 4 months old with 2000 miles on it but The S/S light randomly comes on from day 1, as does the Check Engine light. The car seems to drive fine but on 2 occurrences my transmission was stuck in a specific gear. At one point it was stuck in 3rd gear and another time it was stuck in 6th gear. This was the case when starting the car up. Turning the car off and back on seems to fix the transmission issue, but the S/S and Check Engine light continues to randomly pop on/off. I am an ex-pat living in Mexico and hoping I can still use the same @RamCares team to help with this or perhaps send me to a Mexican version? I bought the car from the dealer in Merida Mexico and they have been really unhelpful with multiple visits rendering zero results or even attempts to replace/fix anything

bkruse643

Reaction score
My used 19 Ram is doing all of these things. What was the final diagnosis? I’ve done everything and it’s still misfiring and autostop unavailable. Please help!

cerbo

Reaction score
New member, first post!!!
Auto start/stop light came ON. disabled. Light on button OFF.
245 miles. I ll swear my MPG s dropped too as I ve been watching it.
apt made. Wow, not impressed.

cerbo

Reaction score
went back out and light is OFF. Then it came back ON.

Then OFF again. Wonder if it s not the hood switch? I did open and close a few times.

Last edited:

cerbo

Reaction score
New member, first post!!!
Auto start/stop light came ON. disabled. Light on button OFF.
245 miles. I ll swear my MPG s dropped too as I ve been watching it.
apt made. Wow, not impressed.
UPDATE/. Service light went OFF. All is working and even the alert on my phone app is gone.
Discloser; I did get under the hood a little wet when getting it home from dealer after purchase and cleaning it all up. I also pressed on the button under the hood a few times to see if it was working smoothly . Later that day it all cleared up and pray it stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/