5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio not working

Kent.K

Reaction score
So I can connect my iPhone XR to the Uconnect and I can play Spotify, and google maps and my phone calls. But when I play a video on FB, or YouTube, or Snapchat, there is no audio, I just bought this truck 3 days ago and can’t seem to find any help

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to go to the media screen and hit the Bluetooth icon on your trucks touch screen. I had the same problem. I would of thought since the phone was already connected it would of done automatically but it doesn’t. You physically have to change media modes.

Kent.K

Reaction score
so I have audio for my music from Bluetooth, but when I change From Spotify or Pandora to just YouTube videos, or videos on Facebook, the audio goes mute. My phone settings are fine

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your phone is already connected and you can make and receive a phone call through your speakers, you do not have to do much. However when you want to play a you tube video you must hit the media button on hour truck radio and then select the blue tooth icon on your radio. It will now play the audio.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so I have audio for my music from Bluetooth, but when I change From Spotify or Pandora to just YouTube videos, or videos on Facebook, the audio goes mute. My phone settings are fine
also try making sure your ringer is "on" (not on silent mode) on your phone when you listen to something on snapchat or youtube. I have to do this in my truck, i think its supposed to be like that tho, my 4th gen was the same way. same 8.4 uConnect

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Kent.K

Reaction score
also try making sure your ringer is "on" (not on silent mode) on your phone when you listen to something on snapchat or youtube. I have to do this in my truck, i think its supposed to be like that tho, my 4th gen was the same way. same 8.4 uConnect

Yea that still didn’t fix this

Kent.K

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Yea I plan on going in. It’s very annoying

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea I plan on going in. It’s very annoying

I understand and I do apologize. Please feel free to send us a message if you need any additional assistance.

Alison
RamCares

Fritofrank21

Reaction score
So I can connect my iPhone XR to the Uconnect and I can play Spotify, and google maps and my phone calls. But when I play a video on FB, or YouTube, or Snapchat, there is no audio, I just bought this truck 3 days ago and can’t seem to find any help
Now I’m in September of 2021 and still having this issue. Weirdly I did not have it with my Android and it’s only social media apps(Facebook, Twitter) that won’t play sound. YouTube works fine. Anyone figured this out?

Steveds650

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 with 12" screen. When I start vehicle and Sirius is on it sometimes freezes the stereo unit. When this happens I cant switch to listen to something else or turn column, everything is frozen, it just says searching and stays that way

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 with 12" screen. When I start vehicle and Sirius is on it sometimes freezes the stereo unit. When this happens I cant switch to listen to something else or turn column, everything is frozen, it just says searching and stays that way
Go to your dealer.....

colintdoherty

Reaction score
I had the same problem in my 2015 jeep srt. I could play music via Spotify and google maps worked great but no sound from FB or TikTok videos.

My solution was to ensure it’s connected via Bluetooth, start playing video via the app (either FB or TikTok) and then when your music stops press the play button on the uconnect screen. Audio for the videos immediately started playing.

Only worked via Bluetooth. Did not work via usb connection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/