5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership this morning, but the sales manager kept that to himself. They installed the wheels/tires and leveling kit and then they called me to say that something happened and the delivery was going to be affected. I thought, oh no the truck was damaged during delivery. Then he said, would you like to pick it up tomorrow? Yes, but I'm in Atlanta and won't be able to pick it up until Monday.

I really appreciate how they hustled to get it ready for me and I got a kick out of their ploy to surprise me.

Resized_20210709_163335.jpg

Not a great pic, but it's all I've got for now. More pics to follow.

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure but that doesn’t sound good for your order. The plant will be shutdown for two weeks and the way I understand it is the first week is for Parts shortages and the second week is for the switch to 22s…

kbooth

Reaction score
I’m not sure but that doesn’t sound good for your order. The plant will be shutdown for two weeks and the way I understand it is the first week is for Parts shortages and the second week is for the switch to 22s…
So I checked with my dealer this morning (who is the man by the way) and low and behold my truck is in the paint phase at this moment. This shows how behind RAM Chat is because on Thursday they said it was still being scheduled to be built and today its in paint....they might be able to slip it out before the shutdown, but at least I have a framed and soon to be painted truck that might get stuck in storage for two weeks, but at least its being built and will get finished up once the shut down is done for the next two weeks. Feel better now, at least I have a framed truck that is being painted!

Last edited:

jefferyrw

Reaction score
So I checked with my dealer this morning (who is the man by the way) and low and behold my truck is in the paint phase at this moment. This shows how behind RAM Chat is because on Thursday they said it was still being scheduled to be built and today its in paint....they might be able to slip it out before the shutdown, but at least I have a framed and soon to be painted truck that might get stuck in storage for two weeks, but at least its being built and will get finished up once the shut down is done for the next two weeks. Feel better now, at least I have a frame truck that is being painted!
That is good news...WooHoo! Ours went from paint to finished in just two days so there is hope that yours may get through before the shutdown takes effect. We ordered just a few days before you did and our truck is apparently waiting for a train ride to the northwest US.

Last edited:

vegasandre

Reaction score
Congrats! I must confess to being a bit jealous - I ordered from Bud Clary on 4/16, got my window sticker on 6/18, and my truck has been sitting at the rail yard since 6/19. Current eta is 7/14 - 7/28.
Wow.I saw that. Doesn't make much sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that some part of it had to built elsewhere maybe and it got held up there?
Still.-that is crazy.
I was hoping yours got there first .

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I checked with my dealer this morning (who is the man by the way) and low and behold my truck is in the paint phase at this moment. This shows how behind RAM Chat is because on Thursday they said it was still being scheduled to be built and today its in paint....they might be able to slip it out before the shutdown, but at least I have a framed and soon to be painted truck that might get stuck in storage for two weeks, but at least its being built and will get finished up once the shut down is done for the next two weeks. Feel better now, at least I have a framed truck that is being painted!
So the whistle blows and they all walk away and the front half of your truck is blue and the back half is still unpainted? Haha jk

jefferyrw

Reaction score
lol, I ordered two tone blue and black, but not two tone half blue, half naked....lol
I certainly have no way of knowing for certain but I don't believe that they will leave any trucks partly built when they shutdown. I think that you are likely to see your truck in a few weeks or so.

kbooth

Reaction score
I certainly have no way of knowing for certain but I don't believe that they will leave any trucks partly built when they shutdown. I think that you are likely to see your truck in a few weeks or so.
Thats pretty much the same thing my dealer said....doesn't know for sure, but that they don't just walk away from a half built truck.....fingers super crossed, maybe I will get this thing before my vacation...that would really make my summer!

kbooth

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership this morning, but the sales manager kept that to himself. They installed the wheels/tires and leveling kit and then they called me to say that something happened and the delivery was going to be affected. I thought, oh no the truck was damaged during delivery. Then he said, would you like to pick it up tomorrow? Yes, but I'm in Atlanta and won't be able to pick it up until Monday.

I really appreciate how they hustled to get it ready for me and I got a kick out of their ploy to surprise me.

Not a great pic, but it's all I've got for now. More pics to follow. View attachment 99362
I love a mean looking truck and this one looks like it just pulled out of the gates of hell, and I mean that in a good way!

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Thats pretty much the same thing my dealer said....doesn't know for sure, but that they don't just walk away from a half built truck.....fingers super crossed, maybe I will get this thing before my vacation...that would really make my summer!
I hope that you get it in time for your vacation. We certainly hope to get a couple of nice road trips in before summer end. Maybe a trip to the coast and another to Crater Lake.

kbooth

Reaction score
I hope that you get it in time for your vacation. We certainly hope to get a couple of nice road trips in before summer end. Maybe a trip to the coast and another to Crater Lake.
Crater Lake sound awesome, need to get out there one day. Heading to Cap Cod the week of 8/16, was planning on doing some beach driving at the Cape Cod National Seashore where they allow it!

onit43

Reaction score
Well, it's been almost 3 months - April 13th to July10th) for my SO to arrive at the dealership. Arranging time off to fly from CA to ID (Dave Smith Motors) to pick it. I'm so excited

2021 Limited 4x4 5' 7" bed, Delmonico Red, 5 groups, Indigo/Frost interior

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, it's been almost 3 months - April 13th to July10th) for my SO to arrive at the dealership. Arranging time off to fly from CA to ID (Dave Smith Motors) to pick it. I'm so excited

2021 Limited 4x4 5' 7" bed, Delmonico Red, 5 groups, Indigo/Frost interior
California to Washington... Spokane to be exact. 😉

Fabman75

Reaction score
This past week(week 11) has been the most exciting and productive week thus far. Paint stage to build sheet and today I received my window sticker woo hoo! If i take delivery this month..........Christmas in July just might be a real thing!

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told all parts are gathered 6/7, ram chat said today all builds are on schedule! My question was anyones build on schedule? I did read somewhere on here 2022 s are not starting until 8/8.
More i think about it the more i want a 22 model, uconnect 5, etc. And why do they need to retool? The machines need service, it not like there is any major differences in the 22 model.

kbooth

Reaction score
I was told all parts are gathered 6/7, ram chat said today all builds are on schedule! My question was anyones build on schedule? I did read somewhere on here 2022 s are not starting until 8/8.
More i think about it the more i want a 22 model, uconnect 5, etc. And why do they need to retool? The machines need service, it not like there is any major differences in the 22 model.
I have learned not to trust a single word RAM chat says. You are correct, the second week shut down is for maintenance more than a switch over for 2022.....I love how they tell you all builds are on schedule....what schedule? On Thursday when I talked to RAM chat they gave me the good old we have your parts and its being sequenced to be built in the next week or so...48 hours later my dealer lets me know its in paint.....I think RAM chat has a dart board with things to say back to customers that they just throw a dart at and say.....

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Wow.I saw that. Doesn't make much sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that some part of it had to built elsewhere maybe and it got held up there?
Still.-that is crazy.
I was hoping yours got there first .
They told me it was built and cleared for shipping on 6/19, so I don't think parts is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread