5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's everyone doing? Enjoying your trucks? Any problems?
We've been very happy so far. I worry about having the same 3rd brake light leak that others report, but we've had some very hard rains when the truck has been parked outside and so far, still dry.

The ability to carry a lot of stuff in the back seat area while still transporting the dogs is very helpful. And now that I've got the tonneau cover installed, we have a "trunk." I've ordered a bed extender that should arrive soon. The dogs love it.

I will note that I quickly disabled the retracting steps. It got annoying fast to have them extend every time i went to get something out of the back seat. I wish a button for them was on the remote instead of a button to lower the truck.

vegasandre

Reaction score
1 month and 4k miles so far on my 1st truck. doing well. Drove it back to San Diego from Seattle when purchased and dropped my son off in college in Utah last weekend. Every now and then I get the "service trailer brake light" but it tends to pop off after a few miles.
Gas has been OK.. after a 19.6 mpg from Seattle 1st trip ,I average about 17.5-18 on the Utah round trip. Lot of hills and wind and I set cruise on 85.
other than that it has been great.
can't get android auto to work due to my plug end is fd up on my phone but am going for a wireless solutuion which is on order as well as the blue interior lights also on order...

I am going to try to figure out the best way to make the ACC into a hands free driving situation(non comma) as it seems like all the systems are in place for it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1 month and 4k miles so far on my 1st truck. doing well. Drove it back to San Diego from Seattle when purchased and dropped my son off in college in Utah last weekend. Every now and then I get the "service trailer brake light" but it tends to pop off after a few miles.
Gas has been OK.. after a 19.6 mpg from Seattle 1st trip ,I average about 17.5-18 on the Utah round trip. Lot of hills and wind and I set cruise on 85.
other than that it has been great.
can't get android auto to work due to my plug end is fd up on my phone but am going for a wireless solutuion which is on order as well as the blue interior lights also on order...

I am going to try to figure out the best way to make the ACC into a hands free driving situation(non comma) as it seems like all the systems are in place for it.
Can you post the hands free android auto setup you are going to try?

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Truck
I have had my truck for just short of one month and we have really enjoyed it from the start. I have installed the BedRug and BakFlip MX4 bed cover and will receive a BlackVue DR900X-2CH Dash Cam on Wednesday of this week.

The short answer is that we have had no problems. If I had it to do all over again, we would order the exact vehicle without hesitation.

How are you doing with your new truck @Hemidakota?
Is doing good so far. Having problems with the gps, backup camera not working and at times the a/c not blowing cold. Dealership said it is probably the uconnect itself messing up and they would replace the whole thing. I'm just seeing what needs attention and take them a list. Just having fun with the truck right now.

mac-oly

Reaction score
Mine finally got to Mark Dodge last week. Finished the paperwork and everything on Friday. Now just waiting on someone to pick up the bid to ship up to me. Sucks having the wait for the paperwork to be done to get transport arranged.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Mine finally got to Mark Dodge last week. Finished the paperwork and everything on Friday. Now just waiting on someone to pick up the bid to ship up to me. Sucks having the wait for the paperwork to be done to get transport arranged.
At least you didn't also have to wait 2 entire weeks AFTER signing paperwork for the load to fund. The truck arrived today - an entire month after arriving at the dealership!

SBrentnall

Reaction score
What's taking so long?
It arrived on a Friday, I got the paperwork on Monday. Problems with the paperwork so I had to get them to redo some of it. Arguments over the Pen Fed rebate that they refused to accept. Finally overnighted new paperwork to them, arriving the following Tuesday. It then took two entire weeks for Chrysler Capital to fund the loan. Then another couple of days before a transport company could pick it up. Transporter picked up last Wednesday, and it finally arrived today.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
It arrived on a Friday, I got the paperwork on Monday. Problems with the paperwork so I had to get them to redo some of it. Arguments over the Pen Fed rebate that they refused to accept. Finally overnighted new paperwork to them, arriving the following Tuesday. It then took two entire weeks for Chrysler Capital to fund the loan. Then another couple of days before a transport company could pick it up. Transporter picked up last Wednesday, and it finally arrived today.
Wait.... They wanted for the money for the loan before they would ship? I would definitely not buy from them again.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I got my build sheet today, no window sticker yet. ram chat said it was in delivery stage with no dates. i ordered April 13th VIN 767500. let me know if you need any further info
Looks like you sold yours and ordered another one? Not happy with the order?

vegasandre

Reaction score
Can you post the hands free android auto setup you are going to try?
hi it is this one which i was recomended by others on thsi board..

note: it is in development and being improved and also being hit by chip shortages. but supposedly it is the goods..
also it is a crowdfunding development that you can not purchase anywhere else- yet.
may have to wait a few months before its received..

vegasandre

Reaction score
congrats on the receiving it. wait till you try to get it registered in CA.. lol
Mine still only has the 07/18 washington temp sticker on it. Havent really been trying too hard though.. it's low on my to do list.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious on who is left that didn’t get their ram yet, and when you ordered. Us 2022 folks want to make sure you guys get yours first before 2022 starts.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SBrentnall

Reaction score
congrats on the receiving it. wait till you try to get it registered in CA.. lol
Mine still only has the 07/18 washington temp sticker on it. Havent really been trying too hard though.. it's low on my to do list.
Mine didn't arrive with any kind of paper plate or temp sticker.

vegasandre

Reaction score
Mine didn't arrive with any kind of paper plate or temp sticker.
I think it's because it wasn't driven back and was transported. the sticker is only good for 3 days anyway.
Here is a rundown on my CA lic plate :
07/17 arrived home with the Car..
08/17 finally received a letter from the ****ty state DMV stating that they have received the sales tax from the dealer and that I will need 4 items to get my plate:
1- A smog cert
2- A truck weight cert
3- A vin number inspection by the DMV
4- $758 because- well, because its Ca..

up to this point I have completed #3 and in no rush for remaining items. I will bet I can go for a year like this , put 20k miles on it and no one will even care.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
I think it's because it wasn't driven back and was transported. the sticker is only good for 3 days anyway.
Here is a rundown on my CA lic plate :
07/17 arrived home with the Car..
08/17 finally received a letter from the ****ty state DMV stating that they have received the sales tax from the dealer and that I will need 4 items to get my plate:
1- A smog cert
2- A truck weight cert
3- A vin number inspection by the DMV
4- $758 because- well, because its Ca..

up to this point I have completed #3 and in no rush for remaining items. I will bet I can go for a year like this , put 20k miles on it and no one will even care.
Mine arrived on Monday. The paperwork and check have been sent by the dealership and will arrive on Friday. I'll get the weight cert and smog on Saturday. I have an appt with a DMV service (not the DMV itself) on Monday afternoon. Hopefully I'll have a plate soon. The CHP said I have 20 days to get it done.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely loving it! Definitely can’t drive it enough.
For everyone concerned about the 3rd brake light water leak, I think that’s an old issue that got fixed before the ‘21s. I don’t think anyone with a ‘21 has had this issue.
The only issue I have had is the rear window defroster caught on the truck’s LATCH strap for the car seat and popped off. Oh and my dealership sucks and hasn’t responded to me in a month but, isn’t that everyone’s? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread