5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got another update from my dealer. Arrival at the rail yard has gone from July 1st to the 6th. Assuming it gets to the dealer by the 8th, that will be 10.5 weeks from the day I ordered my truck. That's well within the timeframe I was given. The dealer will need a day to do the PDI, install my leveling kit and wheels/tires. It will probably be ready for delivery at the end of the day on Friday the 9th, but I'll be out of town until Sunday the 11th.

I'll have my wife stop at the dealership on Friday or Saturday to take a few pics of my truck after everything is installed...that should hold me over until I get home to pick it up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bdwebb2

Reaction score
I got another update from my dealer. Arrival at the rail yard has gone from July 1st to the 6th. Assuming it gets to the dealer by the 8th, that will be 10.5 weeks from the day I ordered my truck. That's well within the timeframe I was given. The dealer will need a day to do the PDI, install my leveling kit and wheels/tires. It will probably be ready for delivery at the end of the day on Friday the 9th, but I'll be out of town until Sunday the 11th.

I'll probably stop at the rail yard on Tuesday to see if I can get a pic of it after it gets offloaded. I'll have my wife stop at the dealership on Friday or Saturday to take a few pics of my truck after everything is installed...that should hold me over until I get home to pick it up. :rolleyes:
Did you order from Mark Dodge?

AevJk1day

Reaction score

I'll probably stop at the rail yard on Tuesday to see if I can get a pic of it after it gets offloaded. I'll have my wife stop at the dealership on Friday or Saturday to take a few pics of my truck after everything is installed...that should hold me over until I get home to pick it up. :rolleyes:

Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upsman001

Reaction score
Took a few days off from work to go see my daughter in myrtle beach and got the call from Aaron today that mine is at the dealership. He sent me some pics. Now just need work out pick up or delivery.
a496865bba1b78f76a56c04085a8716a.jpg

0d3875ae7f3267ebc2a8d3d1e6d85086.jpg

39e8a0214473851110fd704beec187cc.jpg

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright everyone, sorry for the long delay here but I got the call from Aaron at about 10:00am Friday and so I immediately finished up at work and left at lunch to rush home and pack, grab the wife, empty my car, and head to Biloxi (already had the grandparents lined up to watch the kids just in case).
2527AC9D-82CE-4091-BB68-70674B5F9350.jpeg The wife and I spent the night in Biloxi (so she could play some slots; and not a bad view from the room if the weather hadn’t sucked and it wasn’t basically dark the only times we were in the room), fill up on gas, and then we were on the road again by 6:00am today (Saturday) heading West.

Of course, we had to make a short detour in New Orleans for some Cafe Du Monde (only cost us about an hour).
DDDDA597-50A0-4DCB-8C6E-880EF7D9323D.jpeg 504A96AB-4EB1-44AB-8CC6-E6D0F6BEE590.jpeg

Also, we saw somebody’s tires on the way to get delivered but I’m not much of a car guru so I couldn’t tell what size they were as we passed…
DE3F2731-423E-49DA-B94A-617162187FA9.jpeg

My gas light came on as we were exiting the interstate in Lake Charles (just did make it, lol) and we rolled up about 10:30am. I parked right up front and immediately saw my truck! It was love at first sight.
22B05E77-FC42-4C49-B24C-BB67EC68C06F.jpeg
(It’s that blue one under the carport behind the TRX 🤣)
779D2B9B-E958-4D81-8CCD-5B80895AF9B3.jpeg

We walked inside and Angelo greeted us and somehow already knew who we were with no introduction! We had already e-signed the paperwork so there was only a couple of things to sign (mileage statements for the truck and my trade-in, my title, and I think that was it).
The actual process took MAYBE 30 minutes…the rest of the time was me just looking her over and playing with the settings before the 7 hour drive home.
Aaron came over to introduce himself and helped set up my phone to the truck. We talked for a few minutes and he’s as nice and real as everyone says! Jason came by to say hello in-between his phone calls (which to be honest was probably one of you guys asking if your truck was in 😜).
Aaron and Angelo each checked in on us at least once more before we left. Seeing Aaron sit at his command center desk (really, it looks like something out of an aircraft control tower) was cool; I honestly don’t know how he has the time to be a fantastic sales manager, deal with all of us forum folks bothering him because we are just being anxious and impatient, let’s be honest (and me being so new to this whole process and asking questions), AND come say hi and personally help set up my truck. The dude is amazing, and everyone else there was incredibly friendly!

I’d say the worst thing about the whole experience was walking away and watching Angelo drive off with my first car. I really didn’t think I was that sentimental about that sort of thing until I saw them drive away with 15 years of memories.
But on the plus side, I did get to meet @texas_guy90 in person since he showed up shortly after I did to get his truck too.
B5B76F8A-D04A-4C47-86CC-383EE62725CF.jpeg
(His, mine, and my first)

We left and eventually had to get gas since it only had almost half a tank (could have made it all the way home if they filled it up but I’ll get over it, lol).
We stopped back in Biloxi for dinner (wanted to try a restaurant we saw there and it was dinner time anyway), and I finally got to get some better pictures.
DF0F0E09-0B16-4150-884E-D55CE3FD21AB.jpeg BB2E10CA-F9A4-4DB3-A66D-4DFD178EEB2A.jpeg C2EFD42A-B4D8-4352-8588-7459F3E54BE9.jpeg
I want to give her a bath after the drive home and hopefully there’ll be some sunny weather to get a few better shots.

We also stopped by a fireworks store to pick up some goodies (getting some practice parking in crowded lots already) and someone had the audacity to leave a cart inches away from the front of my truck. I couldn’t see that it was hit but it just looked intentionally placed, like some thinly veiled threat of some kind!

I’m sure I will feel much more comfortable driving the truck after I get used to all the new features I’ve never had before, of which there are MANY and the closer we got to home, already it was feeling more natural.

When we got home my eldest kid was still up and she was ecstatic to see daddy’s new truck, and my father-in-law (who has a 2015 1500) was giddier than I’ve ever seen him! I tried talking him into a new one when I ordered and he didn’t seem interested, but since then my brother-in-law leased a 2021 1500 Built-To-Serve and I think seeing mine tonight, even in the dark…he might be ready to upgrade.
And Aaron, if you’re reading this, of course I’m not letting him go anywhere except to you.

Seriously, thank you to you and your team for the single greatest car buying experience I’ve ever had or heard of! The honesty and genuineness is very refreshing and even in the current market and reading other people’s stories (nightmares?) dealing with their salespeople trying to get them to back out of their deals, going back on pricing, neglecting the locked-in financing…I literally could not be driving this dream come true without you. So thank you and your whole team!!!

Also, since people have wondered, yes the window sticker had my name on it, and yes I got both key fobs (either the Limiteds get both regardless or the chip shortage has recovered enough to not effect the fobs). I’d add more pictures but the forum says 10 attachments are the limit.

It feels strange finally getting to “graduate” from the tracking thread, but it definitely feels like Christmas in July!

Last edited:

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Alright everyone, sorry for the long delay here but I got the call from Aaron at about 10:00am Friday and so I immediately finished up at work and left at lunch to rush home and pack, grab the wife, empty my car, and head to Biloxi (already had the grandparents lined up to watch the kids just in case).
View attachment 98704 The wife and I spent the night in Biloxi (so she could play some slots; and not a bad view from the room if the weather hadn’t sucked and it wasn’t basically dark the only times we were in the room), fill up on gas, and then we were on the road again by 6:00am today (Saturday) heading West.

Of course, we had to make a short detour in New Orleans for some Cafe Du Monde (only cost us about an hour).
View attachment 98705 View attachment 98706

Also, we saw somebody’s tires on the way to get delivered but I’m not much of a car guru so I couldn’t tell what size they were as we passed…
View attachment 98708

My gas light came on as we were exiting the interstate in Lake Charles (just did make it, lol) and we rolled up about 10:30am. I parked right up front and immediately saw my truck! It was love at first sight.
View attachment 98707
(It’s that blue one under the carport behind the TRX )
View attachment 98709

We walked inside and Angelo greeted us and somehow already knew who we were with no introduction! We had already e-signed the paperwork so there was only a couple of things to sign (mileage statements for the truck and my trade-in, my title, and I think that was it).
The actual process took MAYBE 30 minutes…the rest of the time was me just looking her over and playing with the settings before the 7 hour drive home.
Aaron came over to introduce himself and helped set up my phone to the truck. We talked for a few minutes and he’s as nice and real as everyone says! Jason came by to say hello in-between his phone calls (which to be honest was probably one of you guys asking if your truck was in ).
Aaron and Angelo each checked in on us at least once more before we left. Seeing Aaron sit at his command center desk (really, it looks like something out of an aircraft control tower) was cool; I honestly don’t know how he has the time to be a fantastic sales manager, deal with all of us forum folks bothering him because we are just being anxious and impatient, let’s be honest (and me being so new to this whole process and asking questions), AND come say hi and personally help set up my truck. The dude is amazing, and everyone else there was incredibly friendly!

I’d say the worst thing about the whole experience was walking away and watching Angelo drive off with my first car. I really didn’t think I was that sentimental about that sort of thing until I saw them drive away with 15 years of memories.
But on the plus side, I did get to meet @texas_guy90 in person since he showed up shortly after I did to get his truck too.
View attachment 98711

We left and eventually had to get gas since it only had almost half a tank (could have made it all the way home if they filled it up but I’ll get over it, lol).
We stopped back in Biloxi for dinner (wanted to try a restaurant we saw there and it was dinner time anyway), and I finally got to get some better pictures.
View attachment 98712 View attachment 98713 View attachment 98714
I want to give her a bath after the drive home and hopefully there’ll be some sunny weather to get a few better shots.

We also stopped by a fireworks store to pick up some goodies (getting some practice parking in crowded lots already) and someone had the audacity to leave a cart inches away from the front of my truck. I couldn’t see that it was hit but it just looked intentionally placed, like some thinly veiled threat of some kind!

I’m sure I will feel much more comfortable driving the truck after I get used to all the new features I’ve never had before, of which there are MANY and the closer we got to home, already it was feeling more natural.

When we got home my eldest kid was still up and she was ecstatic to see daddy’s new truck, and my father-in-law (who has a 2015 1500) was giddier than I’ve ever seen him! I tried talking him into a new one when I ordered and he didn’t seem interested, but since then my brother-in-law leased a 2021 1500 Built-To-Serve and I think seeing mine tonight, even in the dark…he might be ready to upgrade.
And Aaron, if you’re reading this, of course I’m not letting him go anywhere except to you.

Seriously, thank you to you and your team for the single greatest car buying experience I’ve ever had or heard of! The honesty and genuineness is very refreshing and even in the current market and reading other people’s stories (nightmares?) dealing with their salespeople trying to get them to back out of their deals, going back on pricing, neglecting the locked-in financing…I literally could not be driving this dream come true without you. So thank you and your whole team!!!

Also, since people have wondered, yes the window sticker had my name on it, and yes I got both key fobs (either the Limiteds get both regardless or the chip shortage has recovered enough to not effect the fobs). I’d add more pictures but the forum says 10 attachments are the limit.

It feels strange finally getting to “graduate” from the tracking thread, but it definitely feels like Christmas in July!

Your truck is BEAUTIFUL

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 98704 The wife and I spent the night in Biloxi (so she could play some slots; and not a bad view from the room if the weather hadn’t sucked and it wasn’t basically dark the only times we were in the room), fill up on gas, and then we were on the road again by 6:00am today (Saturday) heading West.

View attachment 98705 View attachment 98706

View attachment 98708

View attachment 98707
(It’s that blue one under the carport behind the TRX 🤣)
View attachment 98709

Aaron came over to introduce himself and helped set up my phone to the truck. We talked for a few minutes and he’s as nice and real as everyone says! Jason came by to say hello in-between his phone calls (which to be honest was probably one of you guys asking if your truck was in 😜).

View attachment 98711

View attachment 98712 View attachment 98713 View attachment 98714

Good looking truck, glad you finally got it!
Got a question for you, on the tonneau. Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but is that a Mopar cover? I’ve been watching/listening for a good cover that works with Ram Boxes AND the MFT.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good looking truck, glad you finally got it!
Got a question for you, on the tonneau. Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but is that a Mopar cover? I’ve been watching/listening for a good cover that works with Ram Boxes AND the MFT.
The Limiteds come with this cover so yes, but I don’t like it because you can only open 2/3 (it doesn’t fold up against the glass to get 99% access to the bed). But it is very easy to open up and lock back down, unlike my father-in-laws 2015 cover.

I need to get one that folds back and also up, but I really wanted the Retrax with the t-rails, but I need to do more research to see if the t-rails are an option with the ram boxes. I’ve heard it has some leaking issues though. Haven’t heard of an off-brand one either.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I'm getting frustrated with the whole "we don't build them in order" thing where trucks ordered after are completed and at the dealership and I don't even have a firm build date. And I know after it's built I've got weeks more to wait before it's at the dealership. Am I the only one having a WTF time with this?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting frustrated with the whole "we don't build them in order" thing where trucks ordered after are completed and at the dealership and I don't even have a firm build date. And I know after it's built I've got weeks more to wait before it's at the dealership. Am I the only one having a WTF time with this?
Are you Canadian?

SBrentnall

Reaction score
I'm starting to get a little annoyed, seeing all the people who ordered after me getting their trucks already. I ordered on 4/16 from Bud Clary, and the latest dealer eta is 7/20. I was told 8-10 weeks when I ordered, and this will be almost 14. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a little annoyed, seeing all the people who ordered after me getting their trucks already. I ordered on 4/16 from Bud Clary, and the latest dealer eta is 7/20. I was told 8-10 weeks when I ordered, and this will be almost 14. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?
I was told 8-10 weeks but I was warned that it might take up to 14 weeks. With that information, I figured anything short of 14 weeks was a bonus. If my truck rolls into the railyard as planned on the 6th and gets to the dealership on the 8th, that will be 10.5 weeks. I've been told that the trip from the rail yard to the dealership (21 miles) can take up to two weeks. If that happens to me, I'll be just under 14 weeks from order to delivery. Still not bad, IMO.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I ordered less than two weeks after you. No firm build date, no build sheet, no window sticker at this point. In a few days I'll hit 10 weeks from order with absolutely no progress. Once it's actually built, if I'm understanding things right it still has to go out for BUG bed liner and such before it even ships. Then there's the unknown of how long for shipping.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I was told 8-10 weeks but I was warned that it might take up to 14 weeks. With that information, I figured anything short of 14 weeks was a bonus. If my truck rolls into the railyard as planned on the 6th and gets to the dealership on the 8th, that will be 10.5 weeks. I've been told that the trip from the rail yard to the dealership (21 miles) can take up to two weeks. If that happens to me, I'll be just under 14 weeks from order to delivery. Still not bad, IMO.
I ordered two days after you. As I said above, I have no solid build date, no build sheet, no window sticker. Nothing at all. If I had a ship date at this point I'd be thrilled. I have nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/