5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

kbooth

Reaction score
I ordered less than two weeks after you. No firm build date, no build sheet, no window sticker at this point. In a few days I'll hit 10 weeks from order with absolutely no progress. Once it's actually built, if I'm understanding things right it still has to go out for BUG bed liner and such before it even ships. Then there's the unknown of how long for shipping.
I am in the same boat, ordered 5/1 and see people that order around or even after that date getting their trucks while mine sits in good old D1 hell....We have all your parts and it will be built real soon...three weeks later, it will be built real soon, is that real soon? or as soon as you feel like it?....there is no rhyme or reason to their process, its all over the place and creates a brutal customer experience. This is by far the worst car ordering experience I have ever been through and I am sick of hearing about ship shortages and COVID as the reason. Learn how to communicate useful updates to your customers, not just BS them when ever they check in with "it will be really soon!" or say dumb thing like," we have all your parts, but due to a the chip shortage things are slow"....wait, you just said you have all my parts so how does a chip shortage play into that?. LOL UGH!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered two days after you. As I said above, I have no solid build date, no build sheet, no window sticker. Nothing at all. If I had a ship date at this point I'd be thrilled. I have nothing.
Lack of information would be very frustrating. Have you reached out to your dealer to see if they can check your progress?

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Lack of information would be very frustrating. Have you reached out to your dealer to see if they can check your progress?
Two weeks ago, they gave me the same info as the Ram Customer Care rep who "prioritized" the build. Supposedly sequenced for production last week or this coming week - but with the caveat to "Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and could be subject to change." Since they said they'd follow up with updates, my assumption is there isn't a set build date yet.

Basically, since I have nothing at this point I am skeptical at best.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a little annoyed, seeing all the people who ordered after me getting their trucks already. I ordered on 4/16 from Bud Clary, and the latest dealer eta is 7/20. I was told 8-10 weeks when I ordered, and this will be almost 14. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?
I ordered 2 days before you and was told 12-13 weeks when I ordered. It came in on 11

Hemidakota

Reaction score
IMG_20210702_210951832_HDR.jpg do these lights not come on? Or are these fake lights? Because it's bugging me

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I don't recall any Laramie's not getting the active air dam, unless the truck had air suspension.
My local dealership got a few Laramie’s in, and they had active air dam deletes, so wasn’t sure if mine was going to have it:

When 5th gens first came out, it seemed like air suspension deleted the air dam, but that changed at some point as several people with air suspension say they have the active air dam. I think there was just a covid shortage that was causing the delete lately, but maybe that is over.

Overall, I doubt it makes that much difference fuel economy-wise, so wouldn’t have bothered me much either way.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
View attachment 98793
Also, gps was WAAAAY off today. I should have grabbed a picture of it showing me in the middle of a lake
Eek, I had a phone do that and they had to replace the device. Lets hope this is easier to calibrate!

Edited to add: I discovered how far off the phone was while trying to use GPS to navigate while driving in Phoenix for the first time. Not the best experience.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My local dealership got a few Laramie’s in, and they had active air dam deletes, so wasn’t sure if mine was going to have it:

When 5th gens first came out, it seemed like air suspension deleted the air dam, but that changed at some point as several people with air suspension say they have the active air dam. I think there was just a covid shortage that was causing the delete lately, but maybe that is over.

Overall, I doubt it makes that much difference fuel economy-wise, so wouldn’t have bothered me much either way.
How do you know for sure on your vehicle?

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
How do you know for sure on your vehicle?
Similar builds indicated active air dam delete on the window sticker, mine did not. My window sticker has it listed as standard equipment, and there is no delete (or reduction of $85). Not sure why they would not include the air dam delete on my sticker, yet still exclude it, anything is possible though. I won’t know for sure until I actually see the truck.

I would be curious to know if the delete is still showing up on anyone else’s recent sticker.

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Similar builds indicated active air dam delete on the window sticker, mine did not. My window sticker has it listed as standard equipment, and there is no delete (or reduction of $85). Not sure why they would not include the air dam delete on my sticker, yet still exclude it, anything is possible though. I won’t know for sure until I actually see the truck.

I would be curious to know if the delete is still showing up on anyone else’s recent sticker.
Hmm, mine isn’t shown on the window sticker at all

CentralPaRam

Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a limited with the active air dam delete:

If your sticker doesn’t have the delete, I would think you have it, but interested to know if it actually does.
I’ll be curious to see how they respond later on when you go in and say this: “During the shortage, my order showed an $85 credit for deleting the active air dam. Now that they’re available again, I’d like to pay that $85 and have it added to the vehicle.”

Users who are viewing this thread