5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

onit43

Reaction score
So wanted to get everyone if interested who placed a factory order in April to share their progress with other April members.
I'll start.
Vin 767502
Order placed April 14th. Still in D status as of today. Info in SIG.

share your April progress below.
Ordered April 11th. No clue how to check status. SIG? No VIN

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can tell from the color of your truck that you have impeccable taste.

Possibly funny story: The week I got my first Ram (a Laramie), we met with my wife’s family and friends for dinner and she mentioned that I got a new truck. One of her friends asked if I got a Big Horn or Little Horn.

Maybe that’ll be a Dakota trim if it’s ever brought back.
It will be a missed opportunity for sure, lol

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an old man and this is the 1st time I’ve ever ordered a vehicle made to order. The Mrs gave me a $50K budget & I was flying blind since there was zero inventory to even look at. Definitely went old school with the chrome & bench seat but wanted whatever safety features I could get. Wasn’t even able to see anything in delmonico much less in tan & black interior but my son says I’m gonna love the results
Also my first order. Fourth truck; the first two were second gen Dakotas; a club cab (two door extended), and quad cab (which in the Dakota was a crew cab). I loved those trucks. The first one had a bench seat, which was really quite practical. The Cake song Stick Shifts and Safety Belts makes me think of that truck.

The Black and Tan looks great; again, you demonstrate your impeccable taste.

When I bought my Laramie two years ago; there were two trucks in the lot I wanted: the silver Laramie, a used vehicle with 6,400 miles on it, and a brand new Delmonico Red Longhorn with all the goodies. That one really caught my eye, but I did the frugal thing and got the Laramie, which was still a beautiful truck. But I had that tiny tinge of regret I didn’t splurge.

Fast forward two years, and with crazy things happening to used cars prices, and the tips I learned here about getting a good deal, I thought, I’ll never have an opportunity like this again. So, with the wife’s blessing, I placed my order with Mark Dodge in April. (She was an easy convert, as she wished my truck had surround view)

My timing turned out to be as impeccable as your taste. Since I ordered, the value of my Laramie went up another $7,000, while I had the price of my new truck locked in.

Desert Snow

Reaction score
I’m an old man and this is the 1st time I’ve ever ordered a vehicle made to order. The Mrs gave me a $50K budget & I was flying blind since there was zero inventory to even look at. Definitely went old school with the chrome & bench seat but wanted whatever safety features I could get. Wasn’t even able to see anything in delmonico much less in tan & black interior but my son says I’m gonna love the results
My first truck was a used 1972 Dodge long bed with a bench seat (and no back seat). It was truly a POS, but I loved it. And as a young guy dating high school and college girls, I really appreciated that huge bench seat. A simple pleasure the young guys of today will never experience is driving around with your girlfriend snuggled right up beside you, with your right arm wrapped around her, kissing at every red light.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
My first truck was a used 1972 Dodge long bed with a bench seat (and no back seat). It was truly a POS, but I loved it. And as a young guy dating high school and college girls, I really appreciated that huge bench seat. A simple pleasure the young guys of today will never experience is driving around with your girlfriend snuggled right up beside you, with your right arm wrapped around her, kissing at every red light.
Ive already warned the Mrs she will get felt up on long drives

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh that is not where I thought that “simple pleasure” was headed…

TO_406

Reaction score
Have people seen any issues with theirs when picking them up? I ordered 4/8 and mine shipped and should be arriving any day now. Dealer estimated Monday arrival. Just thinking ahead for if I should watch out for anything.

Only thing I've heard about is the rear axle not being completely coated and rusted

We have about 1,600 mi on the clock now and (knocking violently on wood) haven't had a single issue and have yet to find anything wrong from the factory. We're pretty happy so far.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Have people seen any issues with theirs when picking them up? I ordered 4/8 and mine shipped and should be arriving any day now. Dealer estimated Monday arrival. Just thinking ahead for if I should watch out for anything.
Mine is at my dealer - 3000 miles from my current location so I sent my son to handle the inspection and test drive - his words “When did RAM start making 1/2 tons that look like 3/4 tons?” Truck was in perfect condition.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any updates on your truck yet?
As of ram chat this afternoon I’m in the shipping stage but no ETA to dealer yet (and no window sticker yet either). They said that likely means that it’s just waiting on a big enough lot of trucks to shop out at once.
I’m guessing you made the cutoff for the last shipment and I’m pretty early on this next train :/
The good news at least is that she’s finished through the body vendor and just waiting for me to love her!

Hemidakota

Reaction score
As of ram chat this afternoon I’m in the shipping stage but no ETA to dealer yet (and no window sticker yet either). They said that likely means that it’s just waiting on a big enough lot of trucks to shop out at once.
I’m guessing you made the cutoff for the last shipment and I’m pretty early on this next train :/
The good news at least is that she’s finished through the body vendor and just waiting for me to love her!
I was hoping that we would ride together on the train. Have you talked to Aaron and see if he knows anything?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping that we would ride together on the train. Have you talked to Aaron and see if he knows anything?
I was too! I had an email from Aaron on Monday that it was still at the body vendor and he wouldn’t know more until it shipped. Hopefully ram chat will have a better status on Friday!

traveller09

Reaction score
Left this in the main Factory Order thread — my baby will be at the dealer tomorrow, flying up to Bud Clary in WA to get it Saturday. Then a road trip down the west coast. Very exciting!
I am hoping mine is about a week behind you. Let us know how it goes at Bud Clary with Phillips departure.

Users who are viewing this thread