5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lets hope all people feeling the cities to the country don't bring their crazy ideas with them and ruin these places as well

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes that right - NC (like some states) taxes vehicles as personal property - some of it goes to the county, some to the municipality based on the appraised value of the vehicle. Mine is now appraised at $ 47,260.00. It will drop a little every year. IT PAYS TO DRIVE A JUNKER IN NC !

States like PA where I am from steal from you on your property tax, mostly on the school tax end to support the overpaid teachers.
IT PAYS TO LIVE IN A DUMP OR RENT IN PA !

I still figure I am ahead down here as I don't shovel snow.

It all has to come from somewhere !
My mother (also in NC) has a two year old Genesis. I forget the model, but the state has its value at about 40% of what she paid for it two years ago. Her window sticker is about the same as my 2015 Grand Cherokee and we're paying about the same property tax on our vehicles. They say sedans are falling out of favor and that sure seems to be proof.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Just checked. 38 days and still waiting for parts. You would think there would be a way to escalate this.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Hey what the hurry, after you get it you will need to reserve 1 day a week for service/warranty issues !

Mine has been in the shop FOR THE THIRD TIME since friday with what started as a rear window leak, no maybe it's a brake light leak, oh wait now maybe an antenna leak.

mac-oly

Reaction score
I went ahead and pinged RAM chat and got the same thing:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

I asked if that was D1 Status and she said yes it was. I will check back next week.
I'm one day behind you (4/30 order) with almost exactly the same build. Today RAM Chat said it's still in scheduling. Fingers crossed mine's not far behind yours.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just checked. 38 days and still waiting for parts. You would think there would be a way to escalate this.
Ram chat and request escalation. However, I think it’s the 45 day mark… all they do is send you bi-weekly emails at that point. Don’t think it actually enhances the delivery time.

Horty222

Reaction score
Today my truck went into paint stage confirmed by Ramchat. My dealer originally said ship date was 5/19 which as of that date was still in D1. So the buld should be complete in the next day or two and then it goes to shipping as I did not order any accessories for it. Going on 5 weeks. Will be looking out for the build sheet later tonight and or tomorrow.

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Today my truck went into paint stage confirmed by Ramchat. My dealer originally said ship date was 5/19 which as of that date was still in D1. So the buld should be complete in the next day or two and then it goes to shipping as I did not order any accessories for it. Going on 5 weeks. Will be looking out for the build sheet later tonight and or tomorrow.
My dealer used the phrase “ship date” which I assumed is the date the completed truck starts heading to the dealer. Not true. Ship date = build date, so now I assume that it means that’s the day it leaves the factory after built (shipped) to go get bed liner, decals, BUG, etc. in the custom shop. In my case the “build date” is tomorrow, and the dealer said the completed truck should be shipped out between May 25-30.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Ordered 4/29. VIN and D status on 5/3. Kind of wishing I would have waited and gotten a 2022.
I’m sort of feeling the same way. I ordered 4/24 I think. I’m not really sure waiting for the 2022 model would have been worth it. I guess it depends when they actually start building them.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My country folk friend. My union which is local 731(hence the 731 in my screen name) is in the city. I live in a town called Putnam valley. About 35 minutes north of the Bronx. Google it and let me know if I would be considered city folk

traveller09

Reaction score
I went ahead and pinged RAM chat and got the same thing:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

I asked if that was D1 Status and she said yes it was. I will check back next week.
I just got a text back from Aydin and Phillip and they confirmed D1 status and added ETA ship date of June 7th. Sounds pretty sporty but I will keep my fingers crossed he is right.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a text back from Aydin and Phillip and they confirmed D1 status and added ETA ship date of June 7th. Sounds pretty sporty but I will keep my fingers crossed he is right.
you look pretty tech heavy, i guess rebels fall in the same category as bighorns? i ordered a limited two weeks ahead of you and still in D status, no D1 for me yet.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Still no movement on my order from late April, still in D last I checked. I have a feeling it will be a while, I just hope it is fulfilled as-ordered and not minus options. I'm a little concerned.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still no movement on my order from late April, still in D last I checked. I have a feeling it will be a while, I just hope it is fulfilled as-ordered and not minus options. I'm a little concerned.
As anxious as I am to get the truck, if mine showed up and they'd removed options I ordered, I wouldn't want it. I need/want every option I selected.

traveller09

Reaction score
you look pretty tech heavy, i guess rebels fall in the same category as bighorns? i ordered a limited two weeks ahead of you and still in D status, no D1 for me yet.
It is strange that Limiteds dont seem to be moving as fast. You would think RAMs highest trim truck would get the priority.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked to ram chat today. Ordered rebel on 4/8. Moved to D1 on 5/5 I found out today I thought it was 5/6. Still D1 as of today

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As anxious as I am to get the truck, if mine showed up and they'd removed options I ordered, I wouldn't want it. I need/want every option I selected.
I agree. I feel like if it comes up short I’d just order a 22 and try again. I don’t NEED a truck right now.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
That's pretty much where I'm at. My salesperson had isues ordering Blind spot/Cross-path and I was like "with it or not at all" - if it shows up without that, I will have to think long and hard about what to do.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. If my truck shows with no blind spot I will not get it which would be horrible since I already traded my truck in

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/