5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off phone with dealer. Ordered 4/8 went to D1 as of 5/6 and still there. I’m really hoping to get the build soon. Dropping my trade this Monday. 47k plus the 4,300 I’ll save on tax. It’s like I’m getting 51,300 for my 2020 Silverado duramax with 27,500 miles
What state charges 9% sales tax on vehicles? Ours is 3% in NC.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. That’s why North Carolina is awesome. I’ll be there in 13 years as soon as I retire

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This gives me hope, I ordered 2 days after yours and similar build.
I ordered a day before him and this is the answer I got from Ram Chat this morning....."Thank you, I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, once all of the required parts for your order are accounted for it will be sequenced for production!"

traveller09

Reaction score
I ordered a day before him and this is the answer I got from Ram Chat this morning....."Thank you, I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, once all of the required parts for your order are accounted for it will be sequenced for production!"
I went ahead and pinged RAM chat and got the same thing:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

I asked if that was D1 Status and she said yes it was. I will check back next week.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you guys who received trucks recently, or are scheduled to in the next few weeks,, post how long it took to get your truck after order?

And whether you had Adv Safety Group or Limited Level 1?

Trying to figure out whether to try and add to an already placed order (if not too late). I am being told it might add a month.
All my info is below…

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went ahead and pinged RAM chat and got the same thing:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

I asked if that was D1 Status and she said yes it was. I will check back next week.
I was about 18days in D1… but I think that’s accelerating.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Only thing - just renewed my 19 Limited's registration - $468.96 for 1 year in North Carolina - but at least I won't be able to see the road through the floor like I could from Pennsylvania salt.
$468????

yellowboy

Reaction score
Yes that right - NC (like some states) taxes vehicles as personal property - some of it goes to the county, some to the municipality based on the appraised value of the vehicle. Mine is now appraised at $ 47,260.00. It will drop a little every year. IT PAYS TO DRIVE A JUNKER IN NC !

States like PA where I am from steal from you on your property tax, mostly on the school tax end to support the overpaid teachers.
IT PAYS TO LIVE IN A DUMP OR RENT IN PA !

I still figure I am ahead down here as I don't shovel snow.

It all has to come from somewhere !

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes that right - NC (like some states) taxes vehicles as personal property - some of it goes to the county, some to the municipality based on the appraised value of the vehicle. Mine is now appraised at $ 47,260.00. It will drop a little every year. IT PAYS TO DRIVE A JUNKER IN NC !

States like PA where I am from steal from you on your property tax, mostly on the school tax end to support the overpaid teachers.
IT PAYS TO LIVE IN A DUMP OR RENT IN PA !

I still figure I am ahead down here as I don't shovel snow.

It all has to come from somewhere !

NH is sort of similar. There is no Sales Tax here, but the tags run at
$18 per $1000 of the Base Price the first year, $15 the Second, $12
the third, until they get down to the bottom. My 2008 RAM Big Horn
runs about $174/Yr now. That includes the Vanity Plate.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread