5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s what I originally said till I was checking everyday. I’m worst than a six year old on Christmas morning
I ordered a Porsche Macan for my wife last year. We learned a lot of patience following that build and the trip from Leipzig to Benicia. Lol

I've accepted the fact that it will take 8-14 weeks but my biggest concern is scheduling the installation of wheels, tires, and a leveling kit. The perfect scenario for me would be to take delivery on 06/28, drive it to Custom Truck and have them install the leveling kit, then a few hours later have Discount Tire install the wheels and tires. Actually, if I can get the dealer to do the leveling kit and install the wheels and tires, that would be better. I'll have to ask. I really love the look of the new Ram's, but the 22's and the low profile tires that come with the Night Edition just look wrong on a 4WD truck, IMO.

Matrixband

Reaction score
I tried to order April 30th per another thread on the chip shortage. They couldn't make it go through with the Longhorn Option group #1. Something fishy. If you ordered in April and got it to go, you are probably very lucky. I have no idea if May orders are progressing with anyone. no word on mine. I think they are severely limiting things, changing packages, and getting close to ending ordering for 2021s.

thos.hargrove

Reaction score
I tried to order April 30th per another thread on the chip shortage. They couldn't make it go through with the Longhorn Option group #1. Something fishy. If you ordered in April and got it to go, you are probably very lucky. I have no idea if May orders are progressing with anyone. no word on mine. I think they are severely limiting things, changing packages, and getting close to ending ordering for 2021s.
When I ordered mine, the eTorque engine and blind spot monitoring were both unavailable.
I used to work in the car business. Shortages and extended build times are nothing new, but today they are newsworthy. I expect 2021’s will be built through July or August, with orders being taken for models that can be cobbled together. The chip (and other part) shortages will continue into 2022.

Horty222

Reaction score
I got an update on a few days ago. D1 status with an estimated ship date of 5/19. Came from my salesman Carl at Criswell. As you can see in my sig no safety chip in options.

TO_406

Reaction score
Ordered: 4-9
D1: ~ 4-22
Build Sheet: 5-4
Window Sticker (which means it went to shipping status, I think): 5-6

BlackBettyRamJam

Reaction score
Ordered 4/9, Last 6 of my VIN# 766761
Was D status as of last Wednesday when I talked to my dealer, but looks like I've moved to D1 Status per ram chat today: "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order."

Order info in my signature below

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
D is schedule to gather parts. D1 is they got the parts and are getting ready to build

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ordered 4/6, D1 5/14, Build/Ship date tentatively 5/21, shipping 5/25-30. Hopefully take delivery mid June.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 4/6, D1 5/14, Build/Ship date tentatively 5/21, shipping 5/25-30. Hopefully take delivery mid June.
I like this! Gives me hope. I ordered a week later so maybe I'll get the truck end of June instead of mid-July?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off phone with dealer. Ordered 4/8 went to D1 as of 5/6 and still there. I’m really hoping to get the build soon. Dropping my trade this Monday. 47k plus the 4,300 I’ll save on tax. It’s like I’m getting 51,300 for my 2020 Silverado duramax with 27,500 miles

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can you guys who received trucks recently, or are scheduled to in the next few weeks,, post how long it took to get your truck after order?

And whether you had Adv Safety Group or Limited Level 1?

Trying to figure out whether to try and add to an already placed order (if not too late). I am being told it might add a month.
I ordered on 3/24 and it hit the lot on 5/4. 'Tis but a lowly Bighorn. Since I know how to drive and look at my speedometer without driving into a ditch, I did not get the lane control or projector tech packages. That might have helped mine get built faster.

Users who are viewing this thread