5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay will not work now

marcd118

Reaction score
My CarPlay was working fine for a while and I have a brand new Apple cord as well. I did just upgrade my phone not sure if that matters. It keeps saying there is a connection issue, but it’s charging my phone with no problem.

Attachments

• E49C9495-0338-48A2-9D3E-E886E51529E2.jpeg
    E49C9495-0338-48A2-9D3E-E886E51529E2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 196

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try another cord, and reboot the phone. Mine is very cord sensitive , so that’s a starting point. I believe some of the USB’s are charging only. Try another usb as well.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you using a USB C or USB A. I use usb C and have no issues at all.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im using an Apple USB-C cord.
Interesting, I will say that it helps to re seat the usb c side. It doesn’t really click in like an usb A does.

Where did you all get your usb-c cords? Link if possible..
I bought apple usb c to lightning cables direct from them. There are some on amazon as well. Less expensive and still good.

blownout1500

Reaction score
CarPlay randomly stopped working for me as well after a month of working just fine. No cord works, no iPhone works. Loaded latest iOS to see if that would fix, no luck. Super frustrating.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
Its not your phone or cords. Its something with the Uconnect program. I just drove 5000 miles across country with my wife and what I found out to temporarily solve the problem was as follows. Disconnect the cord to the truck. Apple Play requires the cord and your bluetooth won't because of the cord. If the bluetooth connects first then getting Uconnect to change from bluetooth to the cord is one problem. Unplugging the cord, then plugging it in, then hit the home screen house button and maybe your Apple Play pops up. If not then start something like map or music out whatever and that seems to help. You likely will have to cuss at the screen or pull your hair as the next step. Once that doesn't work then repeat unplugging and pushing home button and the stupid thing will work until next time you turn off the vehicle or unplug the phone or God wants to test your patience again.

I just got home from the trip but Im going to first call Uconnect just to enjoy banging my head then take it to the dealer and talk to the shop boys so they can talk to FCA gods.

sass

Reaction score
I had an issue a while back where my CarPlay stopped. What fixed it for me was I deleted my phone completely from the 12” radio including all Bluetooth connectivity and did a reset of the radio. I then went into settings on the phone and erased Uconnect Bluetooth connections and CarPlay files. Then I synced with iTunes and put on the latest software. I then didn’t plug into my head unit or use Bluetooth for 24 hours. I then reset up the Bluetooth and hooked up my phone with my included true iPhone cable (non aftermarket) and walla... CarPlay back on.

I hope you guys

blownout1500

Reaction score
I had an issue a while back where my CarPlay stopped. What fixed it for me was I deleted my phone completely from the 12” radio including all Bluetooth connectivity and did a reset of the radio. I then went into settings on the phone and erased Uconnect Bluetooth connections and CarPlay files. Then I synced with iTunes and put on the latest software. I then didn’t plug into my head unit or use Bluetooth for 24 hours. I then reset up the Bluetooth and hooked up my phone with my included true iPhone cable (non aftermarket) and walla... CarPlay back on.

I hope you guys
Thx for the help. How do you reset the radio/head unit? Tried all the other stuff but no luck

sass

Reaction score
Thx for the help. How do you reset the radio/head unit? Tried all the other stuff but no luck
In settings go to the reset tab at the very bottom. There’s 2 lines that allow you to reset all features.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Tried wife’s and buddy’s no go
Bummer, but at least you know for sure it's not the phone.

I saw another forum member with similar issues but the phone was the culprit, so this is a good step so you don't waste as much time troubleshooting.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Bummer, but at least you know for sure it's not the phone.

I saw another forum member with similar issues but the phone was the culprit, so this is a good step so you don't waste as much time troubleshooting.
Thx man. The best thing about the CarPlay issue is that EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS TRUCK IS PERFECT. Makes it a little easier to deal with :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread