5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay help

GilS

Reaction score
Going on the 3rd weekend my truck is sitting at the dealer now. Took a week and a half for them to put someone on it. Screwed around with it for a couple of days and finally started a case with FCA. I had replaced the hub with no success and FCA wanted them to try another hub to diagnose with and suggested they pull it from another vehicle on the lot 😳. Not wanting to do that, they asked if I could bring the old one to them to try. Seeing they‘ve had my truck for over 2 weeks and I have to borrow a vehicle to work this weekend, they must be out of their skulls.

So here I sit still with no truck, over a radio issue and no idea wtf is going on. Was told it will be at least another week as they have no clue either. I’m giving it this week, then cutting my loses and trading it in at another dealer for a different brand. The Toyota dealer I bought my wife’s truck from has always had exceptional service. I’m not a fan of the Tundras but I’d rather have a truck that isn’t on the top of my list than one that can’t be fixed over something as dumb as a radio with working CarPlay.
Ok, rant is over. Time for some beers 👍

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Going on the 3rd weekend my truck is sitting at the dealer now. Took a week and a half for them to put someone on it. Screwed around with it for a couple of days and finally started a case with FCA. I had replaced the hub with no success and FCA wanted them to try another hub to diagnose with and suggested they pull it from another vehicle on the lot 😳. Not wanting to do that, they asked if I could bring the old one to them to try. Seeing they‘ve had my truck for over 2 weeks and I have to borrow a vehicle to work this weekend, they must be out of their skulls.

So here I sit still with no truck, over a radio issue and no idea wtf is going on. Was told it will be at least another week as they have no clue either. I’m giving it this week, then cutting my loses and trading it in at another dealer for a different brand. The Toyota dealer I bought my wife’s truck from has always had exceptional service. I’m not a fan of the Tundras but I’d rather have a truck that isn’t on the top of my list than one that can’t be fixed over something as dumb as a radio with working CarPlay.
Ok, rant is over. Time for some beers 👍
Get in an accident in a Tundra and you're dead. Get in an accident with a RAM and you may very well walk away. The Toyota is the most unsafe pickup truck on the road as compared to its peers. Reliable yes so you have to give it that, but the Tundra is no RAM. Anything you buy now a days could have issues. To get rid of your truck over a radio issue because your moron dealership service department is inept sounds a bit extreme to me. Do you not have any other local dealers you can take it to???

GilS

Reaction score
Most of my rant was born from frustration. The other 2 dealers in my area have less of a service department so I’ve felt that starting with a different dealer would only draw out the process. I really love my Ram but have just been disappointed with this small situation.
That said, the dealer called me today and said FCA wants them to replace the radio. They hope to get it and install by the end of the week. Here’s hoping that this fixes the problem

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for giving us a shout-out @securityguy and directly tagging us so that it was brought to our attention! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system lately. If any of you are currently working with, or are planning to work with a certified dealer, and would like additional support -- please do not hesitate to send us a private message! I'd be more than happy to look into your situations further and help get everything resolved smoothly.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for giving us a shout-out @securityguy and directly tagging us so that it was brought to our attention! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system lately. If any of you are currently working with, or are planning to work with a certified dealer, and would like additional support -- please do not hesitate to send us a private message! I'd be more than happy to look into your situations further and help get everything resolved smoothly.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares
I actually have an appointment on April 17th to see if they have any updates or anything for my issues. Carplay crashes just about every time I use it, especially with navigation.

jman307

Reaction score
I’m having trouble getting the apple CarPlay to work. I’ve done everything correctly, used the correct apple certified cord but it doesn’t want to work. I have the Uconnect 4c w/o Nav in my 2019 ram 1500 bighorn. Any help would be appreciated.
If you're not able to get a media connection but still charge the battery, I just had my front USB module replaced and it works as it should now! My media connection was intermittent for years and then finally just went out completely a few weeks ago. Took to the dealer, quick troubleshoot and ordered the part and a week later today all is well.

RamDutyI

Reaction score
Nice to have this forum available. This forum gives lots of answers.

Carplay works swell on the 2019 Honda. Brand new Ram Classic? Not so much. At random times the album titles are grayed out. I'll see if there's a recent software patch.

One last idea: lots of internet hits on UConnect and Carplay issues, hits pointing out bad cables/phones/owners. When the same gear works on another car with Carplay support, may not be a phone or cable issue.

Users who are viewing this thread