5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen a 19' with the Rambox yet?

Neocane

Reaction score
My RamBox & eTorque Ivory Limited was ordered 05/08, went into D1 06/15; still D1 as of 5 minutes ago.......sigh......
I must pour myself a bourbon.....

I'm right there with ya brother! My Laramie 4x4, Black appearance pkg, Rambox's, w/Lvl 2 equip group and 12" UConnect, ect, ect, was order May 5th........still D1.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
My RamBox & eTorque Ivory Limited was ordered 05/08, went into D1 06/15; still D1 as of 5 minutes ago.......sigh......
I must pour myself a bourbon.....
Welcome to the club. See my build below. There are a few of us waiting for similar trucks since early May.

Foxman

Reaction score
Same here fellas. Waiting on my Longhorn with Ramboxes. I was scheduled for build on 7/6. Hopefully something comes through this week.

Walex6

Reaction score
I was able to order the Ramboxes and tonneau cover back in May. I was told the cover is designed narrower to work with the Rambox setup.
Any idea when they can deliver - I am ordering a similar laramie.

D

Deleted member 85

Goes without saying really, but those of us that are waiting on our builds with the rambox's are dying to see some "in the wild" Ram's with the rambox, and some actual OWNER reviews!
Tell me I'm wrong, but you really can't mess up RamBox. As long as the light inside works, it doesn't leak, and the lock/unlock function works - it's just a storage bin.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn’t it need a entire new bed, sheet metal. That could be a problem

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct, but from a build perspective, it a lot of parts to change. Basically the entire back half of the truck changes. From tailgate to bed. All new sheet metal. Even spraying in the bed liner is different. Has to be a nightmare to get everything correct on the first builds

sgk

Reaction score
Hey, BobbyBigWheels What promotional item is your dealer giving to the first member that receives RamBoxes? Mine has been moving along now and I have hopes to win it.:D

1Raider

Reaction score
Sgk is this your truck?

sgtk (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/08/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 06:35:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 06:26:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Gate Out 07/08/18 12:45:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT

sgk

Reaction score
Sgk is this your truck?

sgtk (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/08/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 06:35:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 06:26:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Gate Out 07/08/18 12:45:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT

Yup, is it coming along or am I wrong? I dont know how to interpret it, but i see stuff happing everyday i look.

D

Deleted member 85

Hey, BobbyBigWheels What promotional item is your dealer giving to the first member that receives RamBoxes? Mine has been moving along now and I have hopes to win it.:D
I would have to have an order with RamBox in the first place lol.

In Canada, RamBox trucks are rare, and never sell. At least in my parts.

sgk

Reaction score
I would have to have an order with RamBox in the first place lol.

In Canada, RamBox trucks are rare, and never sell. At least in my parts.
W

Whats the reason for that? I don't see many in Toronto either but I always wanted them to see what the hypes about on these forums. Hope this doesn't hurt my resale value as it's not going to be around for long.

D

Deleted member 85

W

Whats the reason for that? I don't see many in Toronto either but I always wanted them to see what the hypes about on these forums. Hope this doesn't hurt my resale value as it's not going to be around for long.
Honestly - at my dealership it's our salespeople's fault they don't sell. We collectively don't see the value in narrowing your bed, and we convey that to the client. If we shut up and showed our clients RamBox trucks, and let them make their own decision, more would sell. As it stands, I have 1 out of over 130+ trucks on ground with RamBox, and it's a pre-owned Sport.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Honestly - at my dealership it's our salespeople's fault they don't sell. We collectively don't see the value in narrowing your bed, and we convey that to the client. If we shut up and showed our clients RamBox trucks, and let them make their own decision, more would sell. As it stands, I have 1 out of over 130+ trucks on ground with RamBox, and it's a pre-owned Sport.
What would happen at your dealership if FCA drops Dodge and Chrysler? Would you then be allocated more Rams and Jeeps? Would this be something you'd like to have happen?

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Same here fellas. Waiting on my Longhorn with Ramboxes. I was scheduled for build on 7/6. Hopefully something comes through this week.
I was scheduled to build the last week of June yet here I sit on July 8 still in D1 and waiting for a return call from FCA. Man, that paint dries really slow and the grass grows fast with all the rain. Just saying, be patient and don't expect them to follow the schedule they gave you. If they are even close, consider it a miracle and be happy.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as all the bugs are worked out and everything is right with my build, it will be worth the wait!
Agreed. After seeing that list of TSBs that will (fingers crossed) be already addressed by the time mine is built is a little solace during the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread