5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL I Saaaaaaid I wasn't going to quantify the value of some of those more aesthetic pieces lol.
I can't keep track of them all let alone apply value.
I can assign value to them for you.

Bejewled shifter knob - Priceless

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with the HK 19 speakers and it is plenty of sound for me and as the seats are concerned I love my Limited seats and I don’t really think a Tungsten seat will be worth the 2K extra or the pain of me having to deal with the salt/indigo and blue leather with a young kid and a 115lb dog. It is just a matter of preference and since I already have a Limited I know I love it and I might as well stick with it in 2025. Hope you find one you like. I know there are tons of videos of tungsten’s but almost no one reviewed a Limited. I found 3 videos of people reviewing the inside of the limited.
Ha ha, you and are alike! I’ll have to message you the Limited videos I found. Not much, but found the three interior ones you mentioned and a couple more!

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with the HK 19 speakers and it is plenty of sound for me and as the seats are concerned I love my Limited seats and I don’t really think a Tungsten seat will be worth the 2K extra or the pain of me having to deal with the salt/indigo and blue leather with a young kid and a 115lb dog. It is just a matter of preference and since I already have a Limited I know I love it and I might as well stick with it in 2025. Hope you find one you like. I know there are tons of videos of tungsten’s but almost no one reviewed a Limited. I found 3 videos of people reviewing the inside of the limited.
I'm still waiting on Forged Blue Metallic to become available so I can order my Limited. I really wanted the Tungsten, but I couldn't get passed the chrome on the exterior (even after I finally talked myself into the sea salt interior). One thing I think I'll miss from the Tungsten though, is the carbon fiber trim that's not available on the Limited. It's been YEARS since I've had a truck with chrome, it's just not for me. Did you find a video of the Limited Night Edition interior? I can't believe reviews on the Limited are almost nonexistent.

trmc47

Reaction score
Yea. With all the options I picked, the MSRP was $93.3k and it would be closer to $100k with TTL before a down-payment. I'm actually getting my Tungsten in the $80k-$84k range with the deal that's offered by Mark Dodge. I won't disclose the deal they offer, you'll need to reach out to them for that, but it's a very nice chunk off.
I also have a tungsten ordered from Mark Dodge. Did they inform you, if you join treadlighty.org you can get an additional 1% off the price that you were quoted? You have to get the $100 membership to get a coupon for the additional 1%.

pensfan

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on Forged Blue Metallic to become available so I can order my Limited. I really wanted the Tungsten, but I couldn't get passed the chrome on the exterior (even after I finally talked myself into the sea salt interior). One thing I think I'll miss from the Tungsten though, is the carbon fiber trim that's not available on the Limited. It's been YEARS since I've had a truck with chrome, it's just not for me. Did you find a video of the Limited Night Edition interior? I can't believe reviews on the Limited are almost nonexistent
I also despise chrome in almost any form. The Night or black packages have turned huge profit centers for manufacturers. If you want a Laramie Night, you have to move up to the Level 2 option. Then on top of that it is another 3300 for black trim and the sport hood. They also force you into 22" wheels. Black trim has nothing to do with anything in the Level 2 package.
Ford has a black option on some of it's F150's. It is only around a $1000 and 22" wheels are an option, 20's standard.
The reality is black trim is less expensive for the companies to offer and they have turned it into big profits. A few years back I got rid of all the bright trim on my '16 Big Horn and replaced them with the black counterpart. The badges, emblems, etc were a lot less to buy than if I was wanting to by the chrome equivalent.
Black trim and charging for every color except white and bright red equals unjustified overcharges by Ram and Stellantis.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I also despise chrome in almost any form. The Night or black packages have turned huge profit centers for manufacturers. If you want a Laramie Night, you have to move up to the Level 2 option. Then on top of that it is another 3300 for black trim and the sport hood. They also force you into 22" wheels. Black trim has nothing to do with anything in the Level 2 package.
Ford has a black option on some of it's F150's. It is only around a $1000 and 22" wheels are an option, 20's standard.
The reality is black trim is less expensive for the companies to offer and they have turned it into big profits. A few years back I got rid of all the bright trim on my '16 Big Horn and replaced them with the black counterpart. The badges, emblems, etc were a lot less to buy than if I was wanting to by the chrome equivalent.
Black trim and charging for every color except white and bright red equals unjustified overcharges by Ram and Stellantis.
That's how it works. There is a demand, the manufacturer has a solution, people are willing to pay extra for it. The solution is to not pay for it. If enough people take the same approach it will go away. But then you don't get what you want. I suspect the majority of buyers either don't care or prefer chrome. So the standard configuration for most trim levels is chrome. Replacing chrome with black or color matched parts id a deviation from the standard configuration. That almost always adds cost. For some things it doesn't matter that it may cost the car maker less to manufacture. If they can make money on something new they will. I'm sure you know all this already, and you post was just a way to vent about it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's how it works. There is a demand, the manufacturer has a solution, people are willing to pay extra for it. The solution is to not pay for it. If enough people take the same approach it will go away. But then you don't get what you want. I suspect the majority of buyers either don't care or prefer chrome. So the standard configuration for most trim levels is chrome. Replacing chrome with black or color matched parts id a deviation from the standard configuration. That almost always adds cost. For some things it doesn't matter that it may cost the car maker less to manufacture. If they can make money on something new they will. I'm sure you know all this already, and you post was just a way to vent about it.
I just bought a Whirlpool fridge.
Stainless steel was $1400
Black plastic was $2100

Just ways to charge more people for differnet things for ransom reasons.
It all comes down to making more money.

With my fridge as the example.
Start with plastic for $1000.
Upgrade everything to stainless for $1500
Remove plastic as an ordering option for 1 year
Return plastic ordering option at higher price then the more expensive material
Say that plastic is "rare" or "custom order only" and charge a fee on top of the regular price which is now a more expensive unit
Massive profit.

Companies are too big and their client base too big for people to just "not buy it" unfortunately. Great example of too big to fail with almost every company in the US.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
lol, I feel just the opposite. I absolutely despise the black out options on the trucks. it reminds of nothing but an Amish buggy.
I am just guessing that you are a little younger than I am, seems the older generations (x) like myself like the chrome it's what we are used to and like, the younger generations like the black and body color options and hate chrome. it's just a generational thing and the auto makers are having a hard time trying to figure out how to please both Markets. I actually think Ram has done a better job of it by offering the higher end Limited standard with chrome and black as an option. it fits the older crowd better and still can appease the younger crowd. chevy on the other hand did just the opposite and their styling packages really irritate me. they offer very little standard chrome on the high-end models (high country up). they try to appease to both generations by offering body painted bumpers and trim. a lot of us old farts hate body color bumpers and trim as much as we hate the black out package. this is one of the reasons I switched from chevy to ram, I was in the market for a top end model this time as I am getting ready to retire in a couple years and chevy had the damn painted bumpers vs the chrome ones that I want. Ram put together 2 high end trucks to appease these generational gaps the best they could. my salesman said it's a never-ending conversation between buyers, he said you can almost tell what styling they want by the appearance of how old they are when they walk in the door.

lonepeak

Reaction score
According to interview on edmunds.com chief engineer at Stellantis Doug Killian says the HO engine will run just fine on 87 octane albeit with less power but good for commuting, easy driving. Personally I would run 91 high test but this was news to me for everyday driving and not just temporary if you couldn't find high grade. Which octane is available across the country will vary a bit depending on altitude.

PetePA

Reaction score
lol, I feel just the opposite. I absolutely despise the black out options on the trucks. it reminds of nothing but an Amish buggy.
I am just guessing that you are a little younger than I am, seems the older generations (x) like myself like the chrome it's what we are used to and like, the younger generations like the black and body color options and hate chrome. it's just a generational thing and the auto makers are having a hard time trying to figure out how to please both Markets. I actually think Ram has done a better job of it by offering the higher end Limited standard with chrome and black as an option. it fits the older crowd better and still can appease the younger crowd. chevy on the other hand did just the opposite and their styling packages really irritate me. they offer very little standard chrome on the high-end models (high country up). they try to appease to both generations by offering body painted bumpers and trim. a lot of us old farts hate body color bumpers and trim as much as we hate the black out package. this is one of the reasons I switched from chevy to ram, I was in the market for a top end model this time as I am getting ready to retire in a couple years and chevy had the damn painted bumpers vs the chrome ones that I want. Ram put together 2 high end trucks to appease these generational gaps the best they could. my salesman said it's a never-ending conversation between buyers, he said you can almost tell what styling they want by the appearance of how old they are when they walk in the door.
I'm Gen Y and prefer a mix. For example, I liked the limited without night edition but with the body colored bumper. I think the 2025 Tungsten is the perfect mix of chrome.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to interview on edmunds.com chief engineer at Stellantis Doug Killian says the HO engine will run just fine on 87 octane albeit with less power but good for commuting, easy driving. Personally I would run 91 high test but this was news to me for everyday driving and not just temporary if you couldn't find high grade. Which octane is available across the country will vary a bit depending on altitude.
Link to the Edmund's interview

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It's somewhat of an age thing, but I absolutely hate chrome and I'm not part of the younger crowd. It seems like the old guys that like chrome, look and act older than they really are. :ROFLMAO:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had chrome on my Mustang and it looked great.
Now I do the full blackout look.

If a car\truck is chrome you gota chrome it all up imo and then it gets expensive.

Chrome also stands out more depending on what you drive you may or may not want it to.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 49 and I hate chrome, my brother-in-law is 30 and he loves it! We might be an exception to the rule😀

PetePA

Reaction score
It's somewhat of an age thing, but I absolutely hate chrome and I'm not part of the younger crowd. It seems like the old guys that like chrome, look and act older than they really are. :ROFLMAO:
You know, you might be on to something. I've been known to be more conservative/cautious than average...

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chrome is a good option if you plan to keep it forever.
It ages better aesthetically, and is more durable against rock chips, etc.

Look at some of the older trucks with body color trucks - they usually look like they've been to hell and back.

Chrome looks old when its new, then stays that way.

But I'll be getting no chrome next.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Companies are too big and their client base too big for people to just "not buy it" unfortunately. Great example of too big to fail with almost every company in the US.
Who said anything about wanting Ram to fail? Of course it all comes down to making money. What do you think makes the world go 'round? Consumers can absolutely send a message and affect the bottom line of a large corporation. Just ask the makers of Bud Light. You can bet that if people stop buying an option the car maker will decide not to offer it anymore. As demonstrated in the early 2000's with the Quadrasteer system on Chevy pickups. Bottom line is if you want the option or feature enough you'll pay what they're asking. If not, you won't buy it.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Probably right Idahoktm. I have the white, and I just couldn't come to grips on the bumpers being white too, so I was Ok with the chrome.
It looks good to me, which is all that matters.
But we also have a newer grand cherokee that's black with very little chrome accents and I think it looks good.

Attachments

• 21 Ram 1500 limited-r1.jpg
    21 Ram 1500 limited-r1.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 24

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I generally like body color or blacked out. That said I think chrome and trucks go together like peanut butter and jelly. Sometimes body color trucks look more SUV'ish especially from the front where a chrome front end and bumper screams truck.

Users who are viewing this thread