5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lonepeak

Reaction score
In case you missed it and for those interested in performance and driving experience of both HO and SO engines there is a good driving and 0-60 test on YouTube. Can be found by searching for the Tungsten on Redline Reviews, 40:32 long, 2 weeks ago. Somehow I missed that one. The presenter is compelling in his delivery and might even sell you on the Tungsten. To bypass Tungsten review you can go to about minute :26 and see driving and acceleration tests of the HO and SO engines (Tungsten and Rebel). Even the SO is impressive.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think I can be compelled, just really high sticker shock these days, I'll wait until the 25% off MSRP at the end of the quarter starts happening again for full size American trucks, like on pretty much all my past purchases before the Covid market.

lonepeak

Reaction score
First they have to produce them. Maybe by end of month?? Do you really think 25% off? I would buy Tungsten at $70K but still plan on the Limited. Don't need sunroof or some of the added complexity/features. Really like ability to use Google maps on the nav.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Don't know when or what models this started. Certainly not my '15, it's kinda worthless, have to use my phone.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m really excited about ordering a 2025 (yes, I’ll miss the V8 rumble) and I’m pumped about the 540 HO I6! I’m struggling with the lineup though. I really wish the Tungsten would have used a brushed metal rather than bright chrome for exterior trim. That’s pushing me to a Limited Night trim. BUT, then I think about losing the Klipsch Audio and 24-way power seating, so I’m leaning towards a Tungsten again. The struggle is real!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m really excited about ordering a 2025 (yes, I’ll miss the V8 rumble) and I’m pumped about the 540 HO I6! I’m struggling with the lineup though. I really wish the Tungsten would have used a brushed metal rather than bright chrome for exterior trim. That’s pushing me to a Limited Night trim. BUT, then I think about losing the Klipsch Audio and 24-way power seating, so I’m leaning towards a Tungsten again. The struggle is real!
I don't think I have ever adjusted my seat after the first day I get my truck so 24 seat adjustments just sounds like more motors to go bad and not really worth the extra money. I have the HK speakers now in my 2019 and it sounds wonderful. Most people are using wireless CarPlay or SiriusXM and I don't think you really get the audiophile output from wireless CarPlay or sirusxm that would take advantage of that sound system. That was my reasoning for skipping the Tungsten. The white leather and the chrome also made it undesirable. I ended up getting night edition Limited instead. I think it looks better to me.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever adjusted my seat after the first day I get my truck so 24 seat adjustments just sounds like more motors to go bad and not really worth the extra money. I have the HK speakers now in my 2019 and it sounds wonderful. Most people are using wireless CarPlay or SiriusXM and I don't think you really get the audiophile output from wireless CarPlay or sirusxm that would take advantage of that sound system. That was my reasoning for skipping the Tungsten. The white leather and the chrome also made it undesirable. I ended up getting night edition Limited instead. I think it looks better to me.
My 19 and 21 both had the HK and it’s not bad at all. Way better than the B&O Unleashed in my 23 F-150. Honestly, I can’t say if the Klipsch is any better or if the seats are more comfortable in the Tungsten. I think I’m going to wait until May/June and actually see one before I order. IMO, it’s hard to beat the appearance of the Night Edition package. It’s just badass!

lonepeak

Reaction score
For previous owners of Night Edition have you had issues maintaining a painted bumper vs a chrome, resale value, 22" tires and ride quality?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 19 and 21 both had the HK and it’s not bad at all. Way better than the B&O Unleashed in my 23 F-150. Honestly, I can’t say if the Klipsch is any better or if the seats are more comfortable in the Tungsten. I think I’m going to wait until May/June and actually see one before I order. IMO, it’s hard to beat the appearance of the Night Edition package. It’s just badass!
I drove a F-150 Limited just to see,and it was (excuse my language) an absolute piece of ****. It just reminded me why I am not a fan of Ford at all. The guy was telling me on the test drive how awesome my 2019 Ram was and said the only down side was Rams had a steel body and not aluminum. He said “The Fords will never rust and the rams always rust around the wheel well”, my 7yr old son from the back seat without skipping a beat says. “Hey that Ford over there has rust on its wheel well”. We looked over and sure enough there was a ford covered in rust. I just started laughing. The Salesmen knew he got screwed by a 7yr old.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I drove a F-150 Limited just to see,and it was (excuse my language) an absolute piece of ****. It just reminded me why I am not a fan of Ford at all. The guy was telling me on the test drive how awesome my 2019 Ram was and said the only down side was Rams had a steel frame and not aluminum. He said “The Fords will never rust and the rams always rust around the wheel well”, my 7yr old son from the back seat without skipping a beat says. “Hey that Ford over there has rust on its wheel well”. We looked over and sure enough there was a ford covered in rust. I just started laughing. The Salesmen knew he got screwed by a 7yr old.

The F150 frame is not aluminum.

quarter piece

Reaction score
Ordered a 25 Laramie yesterday. Wanted the 6'4" bed so had to option it out. Giving my 2019 2500 tradesman LB to my son so I'm excited but this thing cost more than my 2016 3500 Laramie cummins dually.o_O

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For previous owners of Night Edition have you had issues maintaining a painted bumper vs a chrome, resale value, 22" tires and ride quality?
As was already mentioned, any painted bumper is susceptible to rock chips. Resale value on the 2021 Limited I traded in almost two years ago was excellent, but was artificially enhance because of the elevated used truck market at the time. I didn't have the 22" wheels for long because I swapped them out for a set of blacked out Rebel wheels (18").

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Worse case, just get the bumper wrapped in PPF film. I've had a Ram and F150, both with a chrome and painted bumper. The painted looks so much better and is worth it IMO.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
First they have to produce them. Maybe by end of month?? Do you really think 25% off? I would buy Tungsten at $70K but still plan on the Limited. Don't need sunroof or some of the added complexity/features. Really like ability to use Google maps on the nav.

I think in a year or two (depending on the economy), at the last quarter, say in October or so you can probably get that off. I almost got that off on left over 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicons before I came to my senses. They were throwing 15% off before dealer discounts, they had $9,500 factory plus $4,500 dealer, that's about 23% of so off MSRP left over Rubicons.

I have the factory NAV and it's garbage, I rely on my Android auto and Google Maps as well for NAV.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think in a year or two (depending on the economy), at the last quarter, say in October or so you can probably get that off. I almost got that off on left over 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicons before I came to my senses. They were throwing 15% off before dealer discounts, they had $9,500 factory plus $4,500 dealer, that's about 23% of so off MSRP left over Rubicons.

I have the factory NAV and it's garbage, I rely on my Android auto and Google Maps as well for NAV.
Factory nav is great.
You should say what nav system you are using as there are 2 differnet ones for the 5th gen.

Users who are viewing this thread