5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lonepeak

Reaction score
I like the front of the '25 Limited. It has clean look IMO. I agree the rear could have used the Ram head instead of the letters.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I was never a fan of the cross-hair grille. I mean, you put the cross-hairs on something you want to target. Who wants to be driving around in a target?

The cross-hair grille is a Dodge thing. By all rights Ram should have done away with that grille in 2010 when Ram became its own brand.

As far as the tailgate badge goes I prefer the RAM letters over the ram's head, and wish they could use them on the MFT too.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be nice if the ram head/ram on the back was applied with just double sided tape and not also tabs so it could be removed if one wanted to.l but noooo and leave the indention out as well. Ram head > Ram but only if its either the black night edition badge or you go one step further and have it color matched and keep the background black.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So now we get a billboard on both the front and back of these trucks. The front could have been simplified by going back to the Crosshair, but somebody at Ram is too stubborn to admit they made a mistake doing away with it. 25 years of branding thrown away. Companies spend millions foe branding and FCA threw it away. You didn't need Ram plastered across the front to know what truck was coming at you with the crosshair. Instead of the CH, they gave us goofy looking grill designs on the Big Horn and Limited.
The crosshair wasn't thrown away, it's used on the Dodge vehicles. Now that RAM is it's own brand, they went away from it

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So now we get a billboard on both the front and back of these trucks. The front could have been simplified by going back to the Crosshair, but somebody at Ram is too stubborn to admit they made a mistake doing away with it. 25 years of branding thrown away. Companies spend millions foe branding and FCA threw it away. You didn't need Ram plastered across the front to know what truck was coming at you with the crosshair. Instead of the CH, they gave us goofy looking grill designs on the Big Horn and Limited.
I agree. In my opinion the crosshair grill was what set RAM apart from all the other trucks out there. You could easily identify one from a long distance.

My biggest gripe now is the 5th Gen looks like any other truck from a distance. Especially with the smoother body lines compared to previous generations.

I’m not a big fan of the large letters on the front or back. I always hated GMC’s for plastering that big ugly lettering on their grills for so many years so wasn’t real thrilled when RAM did it. Chevy really ruined the front end with the big CHEVROLET across the front. The basic Bowtie was perfect. Simple emblems are much more appealing to me.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Agree 100%. The look of the 5th Gen Ram's is what got me interested in the brand. Dumping the crosshair grille and getting rid of the big rig looking front end did it for me. I still think the 5th Gen Ram's are the best looking trucks available, even though the design is getting a little long in the tooth. I'm a fan of the 2025 refresh. I especially like what they did with the Rebel. The moustache grille is what kept me from looking at a Rebel in 2021.

I remember when the new looking Ram first came out. All one read about is how ugly it looked with the new front end. No one really came out saying how much it looked better.
Anyone else remember that. :unsure:

ChrisID

Reaction score
I remember when the new looking Ram first came out. All one read about is how ugly it looked with the new front end. No one really came out saying how much it looked better.
Anyone else remember that. :unsure:
Not me. Liked it from day one. I was discouraged by all the trucks grills getting massive. They looked cartoon'ish to me. I even told my gmc dealer friend re: a new denali front end: "how the hell do you expect me to take that on a sales call and/or job site?" He agreed, and I bought the SLT version that year. It's the first thing that attracted me to the 19 Ram.. When I heard 'refresh' I was a little concerned, but we're good. And I'm not a fan of prior gen rams grills either. Just me.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not me. Liked it from day one. I was discouraged by all the trucks grills getting massive. They looked cartoon'ish to me. I even told my gmc dealer friend re: a new denali front end: "how the hell do you expect me to take that on a sales call and/or job site?" He agreed, and I bought the SLT version that year. It's the first thing that attracted me to the 19 Ram.. When I heard 'refresh' I was a little concerned, but we're good. And I'm not a fan of prior gen rams grills either. Just me.
I also quite appreciated the sleeker, non-Freightliner grille of the DT 5.0 Ram vs. the other Abominations. So to me the DT5.1 is a bit of a step backward, though I understand why it was necessary - FI motors require massive cooling real estate.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree. In my opinion the crosshair grill was what set RAM apart from all the other trucks out there. You could easily identify one from a long distance.
Seems to me they're pretty easy to identify from a distance. At least for anyone who can read complex words like RAM. :p

I'm not one who cares if someone can identify the truck brand I'm driving from a distance. Not sure why it's important to some people but I'm not going to judge anyone for it. I'm more about how it looks to me, how well it drives, comfort, driving enjoyment, conveniences, and how well I'm taken care of if something goes wrong with it (aka customer service). Since none of them seem to care much about customer service I concern myself with the other things I mentioned.

Scituate143

Reaction score
I didn't go through every post, but didn't see much relating to how the engine drives. I drove a friends Wagoneer (standard output) of the I-6 engine. It is downright sporty, and moves that vehicle out, I was blown away. Towing it may not perform any better, MPG was way off sticker, but smiles per gallon without a load are far beyond what a 5.7 can deliver. Anyone that drives one will feel the same way. That said, it runs on premium fuel, and isn't cheap. You'd want 3.21 gears with that engine in my opinion so you can live in the torque band and feel it.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if marketing works on me but I have always used Premium Costco fuel in my truck. I was always told that the premium does run cleaner and would be better for your engine even if it doesn't need it. I also run it in my lawn equipment and I have never had any engine issues. I am sure this might take us down a rabbit hole and if it does I'm sorry. :)
Not a Truck/Car guru I just drive a truck because I love it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know if marketing works on me but I have always used Premium Costco fuel in my truck. I was always told that the premium does run cleaner and would be better for your engine even if it doesn't need it. I also run it in my lawn equipment and I have never had any engine issues. I am sure this might take us down a rabbit hole and if it does I'm sorry. :)
The only rabbit holes bigger than this one are the "which oil do I use?" and "which is the better gear, 3.21 or 3.92?". :ROFLMAO:

lonepeak

Reaction score
No oil here:) But I do have a question on the towing groups for the '25 Limited. If I mainly tow a light utility trailer rarely and sometimes with an ATV or a Z-turn mower should I get the Towing Tech Group or the Trailer Tow Group? I am good at backing up so no issue there. I suppose an outside chance I would pull a small rental travel trailer one time or so. The other consideration would be resale value. Is the $600 increase for the Trailer Tow Group worth it and the added electronic complexity?

I used to pull a 6,000# boat with the '15 Laramie with no problem. It had the Trailer Brake Control.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No oil here:) But I do have a question on the towing groups for the '25 Limited. If I mainly tow a light utility trailer rarely and sometimes with an ATV or a Z-turn mower should I get the Towing Tech Group or the Trailer Tow Group? I am good at backing up so no issue there. I suppose an outside chance I would pull a small rental travel trailer one time or so. The other consideration would be resale value. Is the $600 increase for the Trailer Tow Group worth it and the added electronic complexity?

I used to pull a 6,000# boat with the '15 Laramie with no problem. It had the Trailer Brake Control.
To me it comes down to whether or not I want a knob on the dash...aesthetics in other words. But then again we almost never tow anything. From what I've read, the knob can be helpful for people who haven't developed the skills to back up with a trailer, but for people practiced in that it just slows things down. Having the tow package could possibly make it more desirable to buyers if you sell it yourself, but I doubt it would have much effect on trade-in value in 3 or 4 years or more. Just like the vehicle's overall value, the older a vehicle is the less each option is worth.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Premium fuel doesn't run any cleaner than 87 of the same brand. As long as you are running top tier fuel, there won't be any benefit to running a higher octane than recommended

Users who are viewing this thread