5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Even though Stellantis announced the mid-1000HP HurriCrate CatX back in 2022, it still hasn't happened. The most powerful I6 engine available today is the HurriCrate Cat3 @ 550HP.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Even though Stellantis announced the mid-1000HP HurriCrate CatX back in 2022, it still hasn't happened. The most powerful I6 engine available today is the HurriCrate Cat3 @ 550HP.

I'm sure they can get there, but it will be a track only non-emission compliant motor on race gas or something like that. For the white body drag car types.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm sure they can get there, but it will be a track only non-emission compliant motor on race gas or something like that. For the white body drag car types.

Agreed. If Stellantis had plans for an I6 with 700-800HP for the RHO, it seems the CEO would have hinted that in his promo for the 2025's. He did say that the TRX might come back, which added fuel to the rumor of a next generation V8 Hemi. I think most of us would rather see that than a high strung I6 with similar output.

Dewey

Reaction score
The new truck is called the RHO (Removed Hellcat Option) 540 HP TT I6. Based on how popular the V6 Raptor is, I'm sure it will do well for Ram. Not for me though.
Removed Hellcat Option? Is that real?

Now there’s a label sure to quickly eliminate a whole lot of sales. That’s like admitting you got castrated😆

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Now there’s a label sure to quickly eliminate a whole lot of sales. That’s like admitting you got castrated😆

No. One of the guys on the Ram TRX forum came up with that. It's too good not to repeat. 🤣

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The acronym RHO is real. Ram hasn’t officially announced what it stands for. I think they even admitted it can stand for whatever you want it too; Rebel High Output would make sense, but it’s much more than a Rebel. Suspension, body, frame all appear to match the specs of the TRX.

But they’ve stated clearly and emphatically, the RHO is not a TRX. This is probably to head off cries of, “I can’t believe they put a six cylinder in the TRX!” That attempt clearly failed.

dcchris311

Reaction score
My guess is that it's Rebel Hight Output since the current Rebel trim is only a standard output

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The letters are one thing. the chrome (or whatever it is) is another. Whatever Stellantis puts on the tailgate I prefer something more subtle.
Ugh the Chrome RAM is pretty bad. Part of the reason why I went with night edition. I don't think I own anything intentionally with chrome on it. Not sure why it just doesn't do it for me. It is nice to see these things finally showing up at dealers.

Thanks @Jamesalan98 for posting.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
Ugh the Chrome RAM is pretty bad. Part of the reason why I went with night edition. I don't think I own anything intentionally with chrome on it. Not sure why it just doesn't do it for me. It is nice to see these things finally showing up at dealers.

Thanks @Jamesalan98 for posting.

that Ram logo in the back would actually look great in black. I remember the old Rebels with it and it looked great.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that Ram logo in the back would actually look great in black. I remember the old Rebels with it and it looked great.
1709759912932.png
To my eyes this looks much better then the chromed out look. This is what a Limited with the Night Editions rear end looks like "supposedly". I didn't get the MFT since you lose the power tailgate. I really want to be able to hit a button and have my tailgate open and close on its own. Its a pain to carry in 20 grocery bags on my arms and not be able to close my tailgate because as a man I have to do it all in one trip.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
View attachment 178551
To my eyes this looks much better then the chromed out look. This is what a Limited with the Night Editions rear end looks like "supposedly". I didn't get the MFT since you lose the power tailgate. I really want to be able to hit a button and have my tailgate open and close on its own. Its a pain to carry in 20 grocery bags on my arms and not be able to close my tailgate because as a man I have to do it all in one trip.
Haha...I get that. The difference for me is I take mama shopping with me. The MFT makes it so much easier to load and unload those groceries. Then she follows behind and closes the tail gate. So in a way I have a power close MFT. :ROFLMAO: For trips to the grocery store anyway.

pensfan

Reaction score
So now we get a billboard on both the front and back of these trucks. The front could have been simplified by going back to the Crosshair, but somebody at Ram is too stubborn to admit they made a mistake doing away with it. 25 years of branding thrown away. Companies spend millions foe branding and FCA threw it away. You didn't need Ram plastered across the front to know what truck was coming at you with the crosshair. Instead of the CH, they gave us goofy looking grill designs on the Big Horn and Limited.

PetePA

Reaction score
So now we get a billboard on both the front and back of these trucks. The front could have been simplified by going back to the Crosshair, but somebody at Ram is too stubborn to admit they made a mistake doing away with it. 25 years of branding thrown away. Companies spend millions foe branding and FCA threw it away. You didn't need Ram plastered across the front to know what truck was coming at you with the crosshair. Instead of the CH, they gave us goofy looking grill designs on the Big Horn and Limited.
A big part of the reason that I'm ordering a Ram is because of the aesthetics. The interior is amazing. However, the only reason I even looked at the interior of the Ram is because they did away with the crosshair. I personally thought that design looked horrible. I think the exterior design looks better than anything else available.

In fact, I was just watching a comparison video of a Tungsten and a Denali ultimate. My personal opinion is that the front of the Tungsten is more appealing than the Denali.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
A big part of the reason that I'm ordering a Ram is because of the aesthetics. The interior is amazing. However, the only reason I even looked at the interior of the Ram is because they did away with the crosshair. I personally thought that design looked horrible. I think the exterior design looks better than anything else available.

In fact, I was just watching a comparison video of a Tungsten and a Denali ultimate. My personal opinion is that the front of the Tungsten is more appealing than the Denali.

Agree 100%. The look of the 5th Gen Ram's is what got me interested in the brand. Dumping the crosshair grille and getting rid of the big rig looking front end did it for me. I still think the 5th Gen Ram's are the best looking trucks available, even though the design is getting a little long in the tooth. I'm a fan of the 2025 refresh. I especially like what they did with the Rebel. The moustache grille is what kept me from looking at a Rebel in 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread