5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing at the car show but a locked TRX, a rebel, and a stock Laramie . I guess RAM corporate wasn’t there just a local dealer with some crap stock at the show. Fords looked plane and useless I thought. I thought maybe they would have something about the 2025s. It was in Columbus Ohio which is one of the larger cities in Ohio and somewhat close to Michigan, maybe the Michigan Ohio hate is too strong and they boycotted it. LOL.
Columbus is the biggest city in Ohio. The Cincinnati Auto Expo is in Three weeks, may go and see what they have but I'm usually not impressed with that show. I think Stallantis may not have a lot of thier new product ready to show just yet. The half tons yes but they have new HD trucks and Dodge cars that are coming soon. I don't think they would show up at the auto show with the current cars that have been discontinued.

I

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I intend to stick with RAM but for fun was looking at the '24 Ford website. Must admit the site is very complete on their products. Very competitive truck market and great features all around. Has anyone come over from Ford and reasons or even thinking of going back? As to reliability RAM seems in the middle but I like the ride and most of the features. Seems Ford turbo issues are mostly behind them. There is dealer 5 miles away that sells at invoice out the door. Of course they are '24s, not '25s.

Fords website has always been top notch. I'd have no issues going back to a Ford (I had a '14 3.5 and a '16 2.7). They are everywhere though, but the aluminum body is nice!

thebluegoat

Reaction score
I intend to stick with RAM but for fun was looking at the '24 Ford website. Must admit the site is very complete on their products. Very competitive truck market and great features all around. Has anyone come over from Ford and reasons or even thinking of going back? As to reliability RAM seems in the middle but I like the ride and most of the features. Seems Ford turbo issues are mostly behind them. There is dealer 5 miles away that sells at invoice out the door. Of course they are '24s, not '25s.
I went from driving a 2011 1500 for 13 years to a 2023 F-150 Powerboost. No regrets so far. Loved my Ram but it was rusting like crazy even being oiled every year here in Ontario.

Attachments

• IMG_2832.jpeg
    IMG_2832.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 25

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm open to all brands, I'm historically a Ford guy, but I'm willing to buy anything if it's the one I like the most.

No major issues or even moderate issues of any truck brand I've ever owned, they're all generally fairly reliable.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I think that is true. I am ready to order a RAM Limited but the passenger screen which cannot be deleted has me looking around. No one has equivalent to RAM box though which is a major plus for my uses. RAM website is still buggy when I make changes. A portal to the brand and orders needs to work flawlessly.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to try a f-150 this week to see if I like it. The Ford website blows away Rams. Rams website looks like it’s a MySpace page. When I build anything half the pictures don’t load, it freezes, locks up, 360 is terrible. They really need to hire some web developers.

Stallanis said they won’t be at any auto shows. I checked with Chicago’s Auto show and according to the website Ram had nothing. So I wouldn’t plan on any of the other ones having them until next year or unless a dealer brings some.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Priced out 2024 Ford Platinum and XLT today. They sell at invoice plus $50. Platinum with 3.5 Powerboost MSRP $79930, Invoice $73183. XLT with some add ons and Ecoboost was $66090, Invoice was $61703. Order time for King Ranch and Platinum 3-4 months. None on the lot at this time.

While I still prefer the '25 RAM for various reasons this gives me an idea of price range and a plan B if needed.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Priced out 2024 Ford Platinum and XLT today. They sell at invoice plus $50. Platinum with 3.5 Powerboost MSRP $79930, Invoice $73183. XLT with some add ons and Ecoboost was $66090, Invoice was $61703. Order time for King Ranch and Platinum 3-4 months. None on the lot at this time.

While I still prefer the '25 RAM for various reasons this gives me an idea of price range and a plan B if needed.
I went through the ford builder and tried to get the same features as i got on my new one but I had issues with add ons constantly changing. It seemed like the msrps were lower but reasonable.

I am not a fan of Fords interior for some reason it seems burning to me.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't really care how well the website works. I'd rather work directly with a dealership once I'm seriously shopping for a new truck. Their configurator is what matters, and doesn't have the issues that ramtrucks.com has. What matters most to me is how much truck I can get for the money. Ram has historically been the brand which did that the best since I left GM in 2015. Fast forward to current models and that's no longer the case. New interiors for GM and Ford have pretty much caught up with Ram in that regard. And the fact that they both still offer a V8 in their 1500 clinches it for me. If I was in the market right now I'd probably look more seriously at GM or Ford. In my eyes, Ram has done with GM did in 2014 and gone in a direction I don't care for.

My one rather large hurdle is the wife. She will be very difficult to convince to buy a truck that doesn't have ramboxes or the MFT. So for now we'll be hanging onto the 2020 Limited. It's four years old but only has 13k miles on it. Tons of life left in her.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Note: No 2024 F150s have been delivered, it is believed. They all are on a QA/QC hold for dubious reasons about which Ford hasn't said much. They apparently aren't sharing much with dealers, or are telling dealers to keep quiet. So if you have a dealer teling you they can get you a 24 soon, they are either lying or in rare company.

Also, the Fords are fine just be prepared to spend another $2-$5k on suspension upgrades. They seriously can't be spending more than $7/truck on the stock suspension, they are notorious for being rubbish.

Having owned a 3.5 TT EcoBoost for years, I'd make my next F150 a V8. Not because the Eco gave me any trouble, but because life is short and V8s are sweet - (unless you have to tow all the time).

lonepeak

Reaction score
The RAM configurator, when it's working, gives me some ammo before talking to the dealer but I agree he's got the latest info. I'm with mikeru82s wife on the ram boxes. Just keeps a lot of things handy without having to get in the bed. The bed is good for luggage, gas cans and large items. Ford has an optional storage box under the rear seats that would be of some help for shovel, bottle jack, tow strap, gloves, impact wrench, etc. The after market bed storage products really don't solve the problem of not having the ram boxes. The ram boxes IMO kinda negate a lot of reasons for the MFT. For country residents the ram box is perfect for quick access to a ranch rifle of choice when controlling varmints..

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Note: No 2024 F150s have been delivered, it is believed. They all are on a QA/QC hold for dubious reasons about which Ford hasn't said much. They apparently aren't sharing much with dealers, or are telling dealers to keep quiet. So if you have a dealer teling you they can get you a 24 soon, they are either lying or in rare company.
This makes me wonder if it's for the same reason lots of Audi's are being held at the port to have a module replaced before they can be delivered to dealerships? Apparently there is a part inside this module that's produced in China, reportedly using child labor. Audi was being pretty tight lipped about that until recently.

Derek916

Reaction score

Granger Ford offered invoice minus 4% last I saw.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I think also for RAMS and will check with them when I begin to price a vehicle.

Csprout01

Reaction score
Ford and Ram will be roughly 12% below MSRP (4% below invoice) when ordered. I have gone through the process with Granger Ford and Mark Dodge.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ford and Ram will be roughly 12% below MSRP (4% below invoice) when ordered. I have gone through the process with Granger Ford and Mark Dodge.
This is my first ordered truck so i am somewhat ignorant to the custom ordering pricing/process.

When you say they should be 12% below msrp what do you mean? I have heard of several people who ordered 2025s and called their local dealers to price match mark dodge and they told them to pound sand. Are you just saying that’s the best price or that’s what you should look for? It doesn’t seem standard. Only one of my local dealers by me was even willing to work with me to price match mark dodge. Not everyone wants to buy from an out of state dealer and pay for transit/trade in transit.

I’m saying for a normal non business owner just going into the dealer they’re not giving you these prices correct. Or are there special rates or discounts you can ask for or get?
Thanks!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first ordered truck so i am somewhat ignorant to the custom ordering pricing/process.

When you say they should be 12% below msrp what do you mean? I have heard of several people who ordered 2025s and called their local dealers to price match mark dodge and they told them to pound sand. Are you just saying that’s the best price or that’s what you should look for? It doesn’t seem standard. Only one of my local dealers by me was even willing to work with me to price match mark dodge. Not everyone wants to buy from an out of state dealer and pay for transit/trade in transit.

I’m saying for a normal non business owner just going into the dealer they’re not giving you these prices correct. Or are there special rates or discounts you can ask for or get?
Thanks!
Those prices are typically only at the Mark Dodge's of the world.

Negotiate your way to a deal or go the MD route. I ordered a '16 F150 and a '19 Ram and I was able to get my price close enough that it wasn't worth the hassle of going to a dealer that wasn't close.

Your sig says you have a '25 on order, so this is likely a mute point.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those prices are typically only at the Mark Dodge's of the world.

Negotiate your way to a deal or go the MD route. I ordered a '16 F150 and a '19 Ram and I was able to get my price close enough that it wasn't worth the hassle of going to a dealer that wasn't close.

Your sig says you have a '25 on order, so this is likely a mute point.
Exactly the same thing I did but if it wasn't for these forms I would have been paying MSRP at my local dealer.

I talked to my dealer and they told me MSRP is the price. Then people on these forums were talking about Mark Dodge so I saw they posted their prices for 2025s and I called around to my local dealer and one of them was able to work with me and got within the price of Mark Dodge + Travel cost so I went with my local dealer. I have always purchased off the lot and didn't realize that building a truck gives you more flexibility then buying from a dealer lot.

It is mute point for me but might help someone else looking. That's why I asked. :)

wvinson

Reaction score
Exactly the same thing I did but if it wasn't for these forms I would have been paying MSRP at my local dealer.

I talked to my dealer and they told me MSRP is the price. Then people on these forums were talking about Mark Dodge so I saw they posted their prices for 2025s and I called around to my local dealer and one of them was able to work with me and got within the price of Mark Dodge + Travel cost so I went with my local dealer. I have always purchased off the lot and didn't realize that building a truck gives you more flexibility then buying from a dealer lot.

It is mute point for me but might help someone else looking. That's why I asked. :)
Did they give you any time frame whatsoever for your Limited Order? Ram website said third quarter. I'm trying to decide whether to order or wait till they hit the lot at Mark Dodge to turn in my lease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/