5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to realize that normally the newer models come with more features and options to past years. I think that is what the cost increases are come from. Inflation takes part in that as well. Since literally everything is more expensive that will include trucks. Labor, gas, energy, parts, etc. If it’s too much then don’t buy it. We all understand the newer rams are more expensive but most of them include new features and options. I know coming from my 2019 the 2025 has a ton more options I am looking forward to. I am willing to pay extra for those features. I think complaining about price is understandable for necessities but a maxed out truck isn’t a necessity.

What's new on the '25 that's worth $8k+ more money? They put a digital screen on the passenger side now?

As far as "if it's too much then don't buy it" that's exactly what's happening. Rams are sitting on lots and rotting. They're doing 20% off to try and move some of them.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's new on the '25 that's worth $8k+ more money? They put a digital screen on the passenger side now?

As far as "if it's too much then don't buy it" that's exactly what's happening. Rams are sitting on lots and rotting. They're doing 20% off to try and move some of them.
I don't know what truck you're comparing so I can't tell you.
My point was there are normally new features on newer models. Also inflation and the price of everything is going up and it most likely isn't going down anytime soon. If you've been to the store and looked at groceries they're all super inflated. If all the supplies to make the truck go up then Ram has to increase the price of the truck, and I am sure they're also taking advantage of the high prices to make more per truck. The downfall is they might sell less. If trucks start to rot on the lots then they will go down and if you waited you'll get a good deal. Sometimes its good to wait and get it cheaper if that's what you want to do.

I have been watching a Jeep Grand Wagoneer go down in price every month since no one wants to pay $124,000 for one. At some point Ram will get the hint. However, if they have to lower the price normally they start to use cheaper parts/labor/etc and that normally decreases reliability which Ram is already a mid tier with car manufacturer when it comes to reliability.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have a a similar issue. I intend to order a Limited but have no use whatsoever for another screen in my life, the passenger screen, and the loss of valuable accessible cabin storage. It should be an option also.

As to the Ram Boxes they are worth the value of the truck to me (well almost). Great on trips and keeping stuff from rolling around in the bed. On trips my wife gets her side and my emergency supplies and gear on driver side. In both cases a bad decision on Stellantis's part IMO.
I have a feeling they added the screen and the RamBoxes to give you more storage room to possibly "make up" for the loss of storage in the dash.

If we want to go into things we all miss I wish they brought back the CD player since I use it all the time. They took that away and added a little storage cubby. 🙃

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I just built my truck, essentially similar version
We have a a similar issue. I intend to order a Limited but have no use whatsoever for another screen in my life, the passenger screen, and the loss of valuable accessible cabin storage. It should be an option also.

As to the Ram Boxes they are worth the value of the truck to me (well almost). Great on trips and keeping stuff from rolling around in the bed. On trips my wife gets her side and my emergency supplies and gear on driver side. In both cases a bad decision on Stellantis's part IMO.

On a side note, one of those heavy duty rubber mats will keep things from rolling around in the bed. The sell ones perfectly fitted, look great, and I have one on top of my spray-in liner and no matter what I put in the bed, it stays put.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just realized after watching the latest Alex on Autos video on the 2025 that the new taillights don't have amber turn signals/hazards! That is actually sort of a big deal for me. Looking at the stats having amber vs red turn signals significantly improves safety even more so that the improvements from the CHMSL that is mandatory. Can't understand why Ram did that - I'm sure it is anesthetics but honestly the new taillights are probably my least favorite part of the refreshed design.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I've been wanting to share this piece of research I did when the 2025 came out since I obsess about spending money lol. Anyways, see below.

If I were in the market for a truck my only requirements would be leather and 360 camera. I can get a GMC with that for 58K via the SLT Premium Plus package at Laura GMC. It would cost me 73K ( Laramie plus Level 2 plus Asg) to get that in a Laramie or about 64K after Mark Dodge

The 360 camera was at the top of my list too and forcing me to go with the Laramie trim, but it appears with 2025, the 360 camera is an option for the Big Horn model.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am heading to an auto show today. If they have any 2025 Rams I’ll try to get some pictures or videos. I am curious what if any 2025 models they’ll have. I assume Tungsten and Rebel since they have been shoved down our throats lately.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am heading to an auto show today. If they have any 2025 Rams I’ll try to get some pictures or videos. I am curious what if any 2025 models they’ll have. I assume Tungsten and Rebel since they have been shoved down our throats lately.
Absolutely nothing at the car show but a locked TRX, a rebel, and a stock Laramie . I guess RAM corporate wasn’t there just a local dealer with some crap stock at the show. Fords looked plane and useless I thought. I thought maybe they would have something about the 2025s. It was in Columbus Ohio which is one of the larger cities in Ohio and somewhat close to Michigan, maybe the Michigan Ohio hate is too strong and they boycotted it. LOL.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I read this awhile back. "In a notable decision reflecting the evolving dynamics of the automotive industry, Stellantis has formerly announced its withdrawal from the North American auto show circuit," (Jan. 7, 2024). Elsewhere I read that dealers may determine where the RAM will be shown and/or Stellantis may just skip some shows. It seems the luck of the draw for now. I don't understand it.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing at the car show but a locked TRX, a rebel, and a stock Laramie . I guess RAM corporate wasn’t there just a local dealer with some crap stock at the show. Fords looked plane and useless I thought. I thought maybe they would have something about the 2025s. It was in Columbus Ohio which is one of the larger cities in Ohio and somewhat close to Michigan, maybe the Michigan Ohio hate is too strong and they boycotted it. LOL.
Well.... it is still Ohio.....

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read this awhile back. "In a notable decision reflecting the evolving dynamics of the automotive industry, Stellantis has formerly announced its withdrawal from the North American auto show circuit," (Jan. 7, 2024). Elsewhere I read that dealers may determine where the RAM will be shown and/or Stellantis may just skip some shows. It seems the luck of the draw for now. I don't understand it.
That seems crazy. The trucks that were there weren‘t going to wow anyone there today and there were thousands of people at the convention center not there for the auto show who came in to see the cars/trucks. Most people probably saw the low level Rams and thought I am not going to get a ram. You would think they would want to wow people coming into the show to get more people interested. Probably did some marketing research and figured the Auto shows are useless or something. Back to waiting to see something hit a dealer.
I did call one of my dealers and they mentioned a 2025 Laramie might show up in a month or so. Not sure the validity of the statement.

lonepeak

Reaction score
A month or two for a Laramie. Guess I better put my impatience and any order on hold. At that rate won’t see Limited or Tungsten at dealers till mid summer. Wonder if you folks who have preordered will be ahead of dealer inventory? That would answer a few questions for me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stellantis hasn't really done anything at regional shows for many years. Well before Covid. They just have local dealers bring cars in from off the lot. The larger shows like LA Auto show, Las Vegas, Chicago, and NY get all the glory.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That seems crazy. The trucks that were there weren‘t going to wow anyone there today and there were thousands of people at the convention center not there for the auto show who came in to see the cars/trucks. Most people probably saw the low level Rams and thought I am not going to get a ram. You would think they would want to wow people coming into the show to get more people interested. Probably did some marketing research and figured the Auto shows are useless or something. Back to waiting to see something hit a dealer.
I did call one of my dealers and they mentioned a 2025 Laramie might show up in a month or so. Not sure the validity of the statement.
It's actually the lower level vehicles that make up most of the sales. So smart to have them at the auto shows. If all you bring are fully loaded Limiteds that most can't afford, they will ooh, and aaah at them, but won't be interested in buying

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stellantis hasn't really done anything at regional shows for many years. Well before Covid. They just have local dealers bring cars in from off the lot. The larger shows like LA Auto show, Las Vegas, Chicago, and NY get all the glory.
I had never been to Columbus and I didn’t realize how small it was. I was hoping for it to be a bigger one than the city I live in. Unfortunately, I would need to drive to Chicago for their auto show to see the cool stuff.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had never been to Columbus and I didn’t realize how small it was. I was hoping for it to be a bigger one than the city I live in. Unfortunately, I would need to drive to Chicago for their auto show to see the cool stuff.
I'm hoping by the time the Omaha Auto show comesz there will be some 2025s there from local dealer inventory

lonepeak

Reaction score
I intend to stick with RAM but for fun was looking at the '24 Ford website. Must admit the site is very complete on their products. Very competitive truck market and great features all around. Has anyone come over from Ford and reasons or even thinking of going back? As to reliability RAM seems in the middle but I like the ride and most of the features. Seems Ford turbo issues are mostly behind them. There is dealer 5 miles away that sells at invoice out the door. Of course they are '24s, not '25s.

silver billet

Reaction score
I intend to stick with RAM but for fun was looking at the '24 Ford website. Must admit the site is very complete on their products. Very competitive truck market and great features all around. Has anyone come over from Ford and reasons or even thinking of going back? As to reliability RAM seems in the middle but I like the ride and most of the features. Seems Ford turbo issues are mostly behind them. There is dealer 5 miles away that sells at invoice out the door. Of course they are '24s, not '25s.

Ford builds a good truck as does GM and Ram. I'd only consider their 5.0 though, and test drive it thoroughly to make sure you don't get stuck with one of their jerky transmissions (not all of them do that).

Users who are viewing this thread