5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, like renting an apartment instead of buying a house. You will never own your truck and payments never stop. It depends on your lifestyle if you always want to be tied to payments, or own something and need to upkeep it. Neither are "wrong" options but are very different ways to live life.
I have the title for my Acadia Denali in my safe and no one can take it away from me, in a few years I will also have my Ram in there.

Absolutely for the most part. But your house will usually will go up in value over time, your vehicle is different, it will never go up in value (with rare exception) depreciating heavily after 5-10 years. You are paying off something that will continue to depreciate during your ownership of it. True, payments never stop if you keep getting new vehicles, but you can keep the transition costs low or next to nothing.

However, you can have both types of ownership. I do love having new vehicles, however I understand wanting to own something forever and also love working on my old stuff. I have the title for a couple of old BMWs, Lexus, and a pair of motorcycles.

Basically, we keep our "sporty" vehicles forever and we rotate our beast of burden, such as our trucks and SUVs.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
Similar optioned 2025 Rebel is cheaper than a 2024.😲

Derek916

Reaction score
Similar optioned 2025 Rebel is cheaper than a 2024.😲
Must be a Rebel thing only then cause a Limited plus Level 1 is already 79K 😂. My 2022 build Laramie costs 74K versus 65K MSRP on my window sticker. My big beef with getting another Ram is California assesses registration tax on the MSRP value.

Dewey

Reaction score
Must be a Rebel thing only then cause a Limited plus Level 1 is already 79K 😂. My 2022 build Laramie costs 74K versus 65K MSRP on my window sticker. My big beef with getting another Ram is California assesses registration tax on the MSRP value.
I built a fully optioned Laramie and it was up near the base Tungsten price WITHOUT the HO motor.😲

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you do it right, you don't really part with a lot of money, often none. You get to enjoy a new vehicle every few years, and if bored, you can easily get out of them without the typical limitation of leases.

Amen to that! Buy it right and you are set.

Yes, like renting an apartment instead of buying a house. You will never own your truck and payments never stop. It depends on your lifestyle if you always want to be tied to payments, or own something and need to upkeep it. Neither are "wrong" options but are very different ways to live life.
I have the title for my Acadia Denali in my safe and no one can take it away from me, in a few years I will also have my Ram in there.

Says who? I have the title to my Ram in the safe...paid cash....which if you've never done that isn't as easy as it sounds. Since I bought it out of state and my credit union was closed for the day (unable to wire), it was easier to let the dealer finance it and cut a check to pay it off once the loan showed up at the bank.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I built a fully optioned Laramie and it was up near the base Tungsten price WITHOUT the HO motor.
Yep, you could also do this on prior years. And really take a bath when you went to sell it.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's amazing how so many people view truck payments as an evil, but they have no problem dropping hundreds per month on country club fees, golf equipment, hunting equipment, camping equipment, trips here and there, or whatever other hobby they enjoy. None of this goes with us. Whatever money you have left when you die somebody after you WILL spend. Enjoy it. If you want to drive a new truck, drive a new truck.

I just built a 2025 Bighorn CC 4x4 with the options I'd like and it came to $66,115! Holy hell, that's several thousand more than a Laramie two years ago. Woof.

Dewey

Reaction score
Amen to that! Buy it right and you are set.

Says who? I have the title to my Ram in the safe...paid cash....which if you've never done that isn't as easy as it sounds. Since I bought it out of state and my credit union was closed for the day (unable to wire), it was easier to let the dealer finance it and cut a check to pay it off once the loan showed up at the bank.
I finance long enough just to get the rebate tied to the purchase. They usually say your required to keep the loan for a minimum of four months to get that extra money but I pay off in 2-3 with no penalty and very little interest paid. I pay a large amount down and finance only the minimum required to get the rebate. Usually less than $15,000. Been doing this for 15 years. Making payments sucks. I like having the title in my hand.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's amazing how so many people view truck payments as an evil, but they have no problem dropping hundreds per month on country club fees, golf equipment, hunting equipment, camping equipment, trips here and there, or whatever other hobby they enjoy. None of this goes with us. Whatever money you have left when you die somebody after you WILL spend. Enjoy it. If you want to drive a new truck, drive a new truck.

I just built a 2025 Bighorn CC 4x4 with the options I'd like and it came to $66,115! Holy hell, that's several thousand more than a Laramie two years ago. Woof.

Don't talk boats! I sold my last one for 130k.

My '19 Laramie (pretty well loaded) stickered at $56,935 and my current '19 Limited stickered at $69,395.

The 2025 Limited I built (to match my '19) is $87,140.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have to realize that normally the newer models come with more features and options to past years. I think that is what the cost increases are come from. Inflation takes part in that as well. Since literally everything is more expensive that will include trucks. Labor, gas, energy, parts, etc. If it’s too much then don’t buy it. We all understand the newer rams are more expensive but most of them include new features and options. I know coming from my 2019 the 2025 has a ton more options I am looking forward to. I am willing to pay extra for those features. I think complaining about price is understandable for necessities but a maxed out truck isn’t a necessity.

Derek916

Reaction score
You have to realize that normally the newer models come with more features and options to past years. I think that is what the cost increases are come from. Inflation takes part in that as well. Since literally everything is more expensive that will include trucks. Labor, gas, energy, parts, etc. If it’s too much then don’t buy it. We all understand the newer rams are more expensive but most of them include new features and options. I know coming from my 2019 the 2025 has a ton more options I am looking forward to. I am willing to pay extra for those features. I think complaining about price is understandable for necessities but a maxed out truck isn’t a necessity.

I've been wanting to share this piece of research I did when the 2025 came out since I obsess about spending money lol. Anyways, see below.

If I were in the market for a truck my only requirements would be leather and 360 camera. I can get a GMC with that for 58K via the SLT Premium Plus package at Laura GMC. It would cost me 73K ( Laramie plus Level 2 plus Asg) to get that in a Laramie or about 64K after Mark Dodge

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
2023 lost features from 2022 but MSRP went up.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to share this piece of research I did when the 2025 came out since I obsess about spending money lol. Anyways, see below.

If I were in the market for a truck my only requirements would be leather and 360 camera. I can get a GMC with that for 58K via the SLT Premium Plus package at Laura GMC. It would cost me 73K ( Laramie plus Level 2 plus Asg) to get that in a Laramie or about 64K after Mark Dodge
Then a Ram 1500 Laramie might not be the best option for you. I rode in a GMC and was not impressed. Rams aren't for everyone unfortunately.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2023 lost features from 2022 but MSRP went up.
I am not sure what trim you're comparing and I don't plan on doing the research. Makes sense why you stuck with your 2022. I didn't upgrade my 2019 to any other models until now when I felt like the price was worth the upgrade.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I don't think people are considering it an evil, but with no truck payment, I would have more money to spend on my hobbies, which includes modifying my vehicles and racing.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am not sure what trim you're comparing and I don't plan on doing the research. Makes sense why you stuck with your 2022. I didn't upgrade my 2019 to any other models until now when I felt like the price was worth the upgrade.
Limited lost spray in bedliner.
Also no wood grain steering wheel.
I put in a TRX wheel and sold my 22's wheel to a owner of a 23
I believe Rebels also lost the trailer hitch, msrp went up and was an additional option for a hitch (not included with tow package)
There was a few other things too but i don't recall them all.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
I really want the Tungsten, but having the Ram Boxes that you cannot delete really has me thinking about it! Hopefully at some point soon that can be an Optional delete----

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Exactly this.

Funny, I read right here no one trades that often.

It seems many do and it can work financially.

I paid cash for my Limited...

It makes ALL the difference. Wear and tear, 120k miles in three years, to me that's replacement time. Unless you're attached to the vehicle, there's no reason to keep it, swap it for a new one...

You know what they say about assuming...

I'm 100% debt free and paid cash for my Limited. After reading some recent replies, it seems many others do what I do.. heck in another thread someone posted their '23 that they traded in for a '24.

Life is short. Enjoy it.
The good life! sport-of-tycoons-carl-barks.jpg

lonepeak

Reaction score
I really want the Tungsten, but having the Ram Boxes that you cannot delete really has me thinking about it! Hopefully at some point soon that can be an Optional delete----
We have a a similar issue. I intend to order a Limited but have no use whatsoever for another screen in my life, the passenger screen, and the loss of valuable accessible cabin storage. It should be an option also.

As to the Ram Boxes they are worth the value of the truck to me (well almost). Great on trips and keeping stuff from rolling around in the bed. On trips my wife gets her side and my emergency supplies and gear on driver side. In both cases a bad decision on Stellantis's part IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread