5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ichime

Reaction score
Just wished they sounded like BMW motors, but who knows, still hopeful they have some personality in the RAM. I think a Rebel with a Hurricane and plug-in hybrid system would be really interesting.

I'll be fabricating an exhaust the very week I get my tungsten. Hopefully I can get a nice exhaust note with the right diameter and muffler selection.

The S58 motors sound kinda crappy because it’s a twin turbo motor with unequal length exhausts past the downpipes. Some ppl managed to fixed the sound by equalizing the lengths (similar to what Ford did with the Trombone exhaust for their Gen 3 Raptor). That being said, the exhaust note from the RHO didn’t sound too bad…

Now if you want something like a B58 (which sounds great IMO), it’ll probably come down to a single turbo conversion and I’m willing to bet that conversion kits will be coming the minute these trucks hit dealerships. A single turbo kit should be easier to fabricate since these motors have 2 port exhaust heads (like the A90 supras).

dcchris311

Reaction score
The S58 motors sound kinda crappy because it’s a twin turbo motor with unequal length exhausts past the downpipes. Some ppl managed to fixed the sound by equalizing the lengths (similar to what Ford did with the Trombone exhaust for their Gen 3 Raptor). That being said, the exhaust note from the RHO didn’t sound too bad…

Now if you want something like a B58 (which sounds great IMO), it’ll probably come down to a single turbo conversion and I’m willing to bet that conversion kits will be coming the minute these trucks hit dealerships. A single turbo kit should be easier to fabricate since these motors have 2 port exhaust heads (like the A90 supras).
Yea, in not a of the S58 exhaust tone either. I actually made a full exhaust system for the X3 M40i with a B58 and sounded amazing! The exhaust tone it created was always a head turner. I ended going a wreck and totaled it. Kinda how I ended up with a Tungsten order.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any information on their 2025 builds? I saw the they start production on the SO on February 5th and the HO starts in March.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have not received any information at all. I did not know the HO version wouldn’t start until March. :-(

I did send a message to triple_b since I believe they started the previous order status post about monitoring the truck builds for 2023 and 2034 models. I haven’t heard anything back.

Do you have a link to where you saw the HO won’t be until March?

lonepeak

Reaction score
Other than the order sheets for the trims showing MSRP and wholesale, RAM has still not posted their configurator for the 25s on RAMtrucks.com. Given they start production on the SO equipped trims on Feb. 5 I am surprised the RAM website only show the Tungsten. I am anxious to build a vehicle and look at colors and trims.

Also anxious for R&T or owner to give a driving impression compared to the 1500 5.7 V8

dcchris311

Reaction score
I have not received any information at all. I did not know the HO version wouldn’t start until March. :-(

I did send a message to triple_b since I believe they started the previous order status post about monitoring the truck builds for 2023 and 2034 models. I haven’t heard anything back.

Do you have a link to where you saw the HO won’t be until March?
It's from the thread about the Mark Dodge pricing posted by Anthony. It's under the "Production Start" column.

I'm also very bored at work and this forum is a lot less lively compared to the Bimmer forums, so I'm just drumming up participation

Good afternoon everybody! We're excited to announce and continue our sold-order discounting for Mark Dodge coming to you from Lake Charles Louisiana!
For us, we have to advertise a % or $ off MSRP, but will be happy to share with you the full POC showing all data points for full transparency on every quote.

I'll try to keep this post clean & simple and add more context as we learn more about the offerings - it's a lot to absorb and for me personally is certainly a work in progress!

Dealer DiscountEngineORDERPRODUCTIONSTARTINGMinimumMARK DODGE
OFF MSRPChoiceSTARTSTARTMSRPDiscountStarting Price
TradesmanTBDV6 or Hurricane SOJANUARY2/5/2024TBDTBDTBD
Bighorn11.50%V6 or Hurricane SONOW2/5/2024$53,530
$6,156​
$47,374​
Rebel11.50%Hurricane SONOW2/5/2024$66,190
$7,612​
$58,578​
Laramie12.50%Hurricane SONOW2/5/2024$66,320
$8,290​
$58,030​
Limited12.50%Hurricane HONOW3/5/2024$77,150
$9,644​
$67,506​
Longhorn12.50%Hurricane HONOW3/5/2024$77,645
$9,706​
$67,939​
Tungsten12%Hurricane HONOW3/5/2024$89,150
$10,698​
$78,452​

View attachment 172690

lonepeak

Reaction score
Agree, the Bimmer sites have all kind of intel on new models, etc... I want to see my potential purchase in color and priced with a choice of all the options. The price sheets get us the pain part now I want some pleasure. I can fool around all day on the configurator washing my brain with all that dopamine.

Come on RAM - if you want to sell you got to show us all the goods.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
All of my 2025 orders are in C status so they're confirmed but no VIN or build date yet.
Only one of them is a Laramie for SO, the rest are HO so I'll post up here when that first Laramie gets scheduled.

I have 3 more 2024 1500s waiting to be built between now and the end of time. Including my own. estimated ship dates on those are 1/26, 2/4, and 2/12

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All of my 2025 orders are in C status so they're confirmed but no VIN or build date yet.
Only one of them is a Laramie for SO, the rest are HO so I'll post up here when that first Laramie gets scheduled.

I have 3 more 2024 1500s waiting to be built between now and the end of time. Including my own. estimated ship dates on those are 1/26, 2/4, and 2/12
Is @dcchris311 correct in reading what was in your original post saying that the HO Engines aren't going to start production until 3/5?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the factory's numbers are of current sold orders of 2025s by trim level.
Anything 2025 has been very quiet so far (from what I can tell). We might see some action after production starts 2/5.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to order yet but looking at Limited as don't want sunroof, white seats, 22" wheels, etc. Granger is only 3 hrs from me not the 1100 miles to Mark Dodge. Has anyone compared prices there with Mark? On another link seems Granger was offering some good prices. Also, is Wholesale price listed on these price sheets the same as Invoice? I assume the I6 SO can be an option to the HO on the Limited and Tungsten as they show the HO as standard. Does anyone know? Not sure which I want yet until I see some comparisons to the 5.7. Won't be towing heavy.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Shouldn't there be VIN assigned notifications going out for those with the SO engine? I assume there would be since production starts on the 5th.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to order yet but looking at Limited as don't want sunroof, white seats, 22" wheels, etc. Granger is only 3 hrs from me not the 1100 miles to Mark Dodge. Has anyone compared prices there with Mark? On another link seems Granger was offering some good prices. Also, is Wholesale price listed on these price sheets the same as Invoice? I assume the I6 SO can be an option to the HO on the Limited and Tungsten as they show the HO as standard. Does anyone know? Not sure which I want yet until I see some comparisons to the 5.7. Won't be towing heavy.
The HO is an upgrade to the SO.
So no you can NOT get a Limited or Tungsten with an SO as you can't add on downgrades.
Some trims DO allow you to remove the soft tri-fold cover though, closet to a downgrade you can get.

You can reach out to MD and Granger and check pricing, MD is happy to help and i'm sure Granger is too.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Anything 2025 has been very quiet so far (from what I can tell). We might see some action after production starts 2/5.
thanks, I was just curious. It looks like you and I almost have the same truck on order. I have a limited w/6'4 bed, same color, level 1, pano, tow package and off road package.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
The HO is the only engine available on the 2025 limited, if you want an SO you have to get a Laramie and it's the only choice for that trim currently. prices pages that we have from here were Identical to what my dealer had when he built mine. I am paying a little bit more than I could have from Marcs at my long-time dealer. (I have an off-brand lease turn in to deal with mainly is the reason and I have a fair amount of equity in it) but the guys I talked with at marcs were great and very responsive!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thanks, I was just curious. It looks like you and I almost have the same truck on order. I have a limited w/6'4 bed, same color, level 1, pano, tow package and off road package.
Yup that sounds a lot like mine. I went with the limited since I already have one and I didn't want the white leather on the Tungsten and I ended up getting the Night Edition as well. It looks like the HO engines won't start until 3/5 so we got a while until we hear something. I assume that I probably won't get my truck until June/July. I just hope my current truck holds up for that long.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Yup that sounds a lot like mine. I went with the limited since I already have one and I didn't want the white leather on the Tungsten and I ended up getting the Night Edition as well. It looks like the HO engines won't start until 3/5 so we got a while until we hear something. I assume that I probably won't get my truck until June/July. I just hope my current truck holds up for that long.
yeah, I hope sooner than June I have to be out of my current Silverado by middle of May. I have been through this before with my dealer and he will keep me in mine if need be, until the new one gets here. It's a long story but I had a new Silverado confirmed on order at the end of November and it fell through in December no fault of mine or the dealer it was a GM thing. GM dropped the Ball and never contacted me about the order or nothing. additionally, I couldn't get any other dealers around here to come off of MSRP or even honor the deal that I had an active order for. so, after a month of research, on the 22nd I ordered a RAM instead. I have driven chevys for 25 years new one every 3 years so this is going to be a big adjustment for me, but I am excited about it.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I've read a lot about rear axle ratios 3:21 vs 3:92 over the years; my 5.7 has 3.92 but I no longer tow a boat. I assume the equation has changed with the I6 turbo engines so wondering what the preferred rear axle ratios will be for either mostly highway or towing? Is everything a 3:92 or are there choices? I don't see a rear axle reference on the order sheets for the Limited but do see a 3.92 option on the Laramie. I assume the base for that is a 3:21. Any ideas on this with the new engines?

My intention for now is the Limited for several reasons but you also get the projector headlights not available on the Laramie, something I think is worthwhile at night.

Users who are viewing this thread