5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone found a good hard tri fold for 2019 ram no box short bed

Mstep7

Reaction score
Anyone found a good bed cover tri fold hard cover 2019 ram no box that doesn’t leak. Had the 2.0 extang for my 16 ford and it was great.

geotex1

Reaction score
After having several hard and soft trifolds, including the favored ones from the Truck Hero brands, I feel the Lomax I've put on my 2019 to be the best in several respects. The way the rails mount and the seals on the panels sit wedged along those rails and the bed caps - if you have the rails installed properly, you have not leakage along those edges. Where I am getting minor leakage is at the tailgate from either side gap as the Lomax also seals great along the tailgate length. I do also have stake pocket caps installed. The leakage is minimal from these two points, and I don't have a Bedrug or keep anything in the bed that cannot have a little water touch it. I also don't see any simple solution that'll seal those gaps and not interfere with the auto-opening of the gate.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Can you tell me how thick the panels are on the Lomax.
Worried about crosswinds as the can be 70 plus on I 80 in Wyoming and wonder if the M 4 may better?

geotex1

Reaction score
Can you tell me how thick the panels are on the Lomax.
Worried about crosswinds as the can be 70 plus on I 80 in Wyoming and wonder if the M 4 may better?

I travel out there often! Have a production plant out in Lovell.

You're not going to have any issue with a Lomax. The lead panel locks in at the front and rear, the second and third panel have clips that interlock all together when closed, and then there's the final spring loaded clips at the end close to the tailgate. It sits quite flush! I'm out and without calipers, but I'd say the aluminum is 10ga or better. Personally, after having the Bakflips, I'd buy the Lomax every time now.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I also have a Lomax cover and don't regret my decision at all, wouldn't trade it for anything esle out there. It's easily the best looking as well, although the panels are definitely thinner than 10 gauge, probably closer to 14 gauge.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Lomax over the Mopar ones? The good thing about the Mopar one is that the front/lead panel can also flip up to allow access for things at the front of the bed. But I am definitely looking long and hard at that Lomax. Where did you guys get yours at?

geotex1

Reaction score
Lomax over the Mopar ones? The good thing about the Mopar one is that the front/lead panel can also flip up to allow access for things at the front of the bed. But I am definitely looking long and hard at that Lomax. Where did you guys get yours at?

Every day over the Mopar, which are just Truck Hero covers (private label BAK)! Buy from Luke at truckalterations.com. You won't find a better deal, guy or support. He's a member here, but doesn't post much so he's got a couple businesses going. Call or email him for best pricing.

You won't miss the flip up. The Lomax is light and so simple to pop out! Fits just fine on the rear CC floor too. I'm actually having my interiors guy make up a nice padded canvas bag for mine.

Rich

Reaction score
I saw a Lomax at a retailer and thought it looked good. The retailer sells the BAK also, but prefers the Lomax.

The display unit in his shop appeared to have sharp edges, I'd be concerned about cutting my hands. Are the production units like this also?

Unfortunately they don't sell a version for the 2019 Rambox trucks! I wonder if they will have a Rambox version in the near future, but my guess is no, as they also don't list a version for earlier model year Rambox trucks, so they may not be interested in the RAM box market.

Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score
I saw a Lomax at a retailer and thought it looked good. The retailer sells the BAK also, but prefers the Lomax.

The display unit in his shop appeared to have sharp edges, I'd be concerned about cutting my hands. Are the production units like this also?

Unfortunately they don't sell a version for the 2019 Rambox trucks! I wonder if they will have a Rambox version in the near future, but my guess is no, as they also don't list a version for earlier model year Rambox trucks, so they may not be interested in the RAM box market.

No sharp edges. Call Agri-Cover about Rambox models. You will actually talk to real live people, and may even talk to the designer as I did with questions. They may still be looking for more demand for that fitment, and need you input, or may be able to tell you it's on the way. Great folks!

Rich

Reaction score
No sharp edges. Call Agri-Cover about Rambox models. You will actually talk to real live people, and may even talk to the designer as I did with questions. They may still be looking for more demand for that fitment, and need you input, or may be able to tell you it's on the way. Great folks!

I sent them an email, hopefully they will respond with a "We're working on it"!

Everyone that wants to consider this for their Rambox 1500 should let them know they are interested!

WanderingRam

Reaction score
I went with with the MX4 and overall happy with it but I was a little disappointed to find some deep scratches on the rails out of the box. I don't believe any cover is 100% leak proof but the only outside light I could see from inside the bed was on the corners of the tailgate.

mjw930

Reaction score
+1 On the Lomax. Had one on my F-150 and now one on my Ram and love it. Over the years I’ve has soft covers, BAKFlip and Pace retractables and the Lomax is far and away my favorite.

Mstep7

Reaction score
+1 On the Lomax. Had one on my F-150 and now one on my Ram and love it. Over the years I’ve has soft covers, BAKFlip and Pace retractables and the Lomax is far and away my favorite.
Do you have the 19 ram, does it leak at all?

JRather

Reaction score
Anyone found a good bed cover tri fold hard cover 2019 ram no box that doesn’t leak. Had the 2.0 extang for my 16 ford and it was great.

I have had a bad experience with this and exchanged an Undercover Elite folding hard cover for a full non-folding hard cover. Needed to do this since the tri-fold cover leaked so bad it would wet the bed all the way from the tailgate to the front of the bed when going through a carwash. The new hard cover extends all the way to the back of the tailgate cap, which the folding cover did not do and that solved the leaking. FCA's redesign of the bed and specifically the tailgate left big gaps at the top and sides where water just streams into the bed. I thought the open top stake pockets were the culprit, but after installing stake pocket covers it still leaked badly. My Undercover full hard cover is awesome and one I would highly recommend.

Last edited:

ajosephngs

Reaction score
I’m getting a diamond back hard cover on mine. There’s a couple configurations that looked like they would function with a ram box. The panels all fold flat for high cargo and I think you can put all kinds of crap on top, like a quad for instance.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
BakFlip MX4 on my last 2 trucks with no problems. Cost more, but you get what you pay for nowadays! AutoAnything.com takes almost $200 off with free shipping, you may have to whine a little, lol.

RodRow

Reaction score
I went with the BAK MX4 on both of my 19 Rams. Simple, easy, strong and they had $75 mail in rebates before Christmas.
I used the same on my 16 Ram and liked it. Never had a Lomax, but hear that they are great as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread