5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else Frustrated with Tow Package removing features?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased a Limited with the tow package and 2 days later I realized that the tow package removes Around view monitor and power folding mirrors. Has anyone contacted RAM or their dealer to get this resolved or fixed? I am extremely frustrated and wondered if anyone had any success getting this resolved.

19Jake

Reaction score
SuperDuty Platinum w/Ultimate Trailer Tow Cam System (includes 360 cam + CHMSL camera)

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some of the early adopters, there was quite a bit of confusion over what the trucks did/did not have, however, that has not been the case in quite sometime.

Lots of other threads about people being upset about not reading the sticker and making sure the truck had everything they wanted prior to driving off the lot.

I knew exactly what I was/was not getting when I went looking through several trucks.
Everything the truck came with (or without) was clearly indicated on the sticker.

There is nothing to 'resolve'... your choices are to enjoy what you have or trad it back in.

naylor07

Reaction score
When I first started looking I too was slightly confused when I was trying to find the surround camera on the limited the dealer let me take home for the weekend. Luckily, with all the information available, I was able to find that I needed to get a limited without the tow packages.

This forum probably saved me from being in the same situation the OP is in.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I first started looking I too was slightly confused when I was trying to find the surround camera on the limited the dealer let me take home for the weekend. Luckily, with all the information available, I was able to find that I needed to get a limited without the tow packages.

This forum probably saved me from being in the same situation the OP is in.
Thank you! I also felt like it was confusing. I have purchased many cars and I have never paid $400 to remove 2 important features. I didn't know that was something car manufacturers did. Especially something this important.

I wish i would have found this site prior to purchasing my Truck. I still love it just frustrated with the Sales person not being more helpful with explaining the features. I also never got a walkthru of my truck after purchase since the sales person left for the day.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Thank you! I also felt like it was confusing. I have purchased many cars and I have never paid $400 to remove 2 important features. I didn't know that was something car manufacturers did. Especially something this important.

I wish i would have found this site prior to purchasing my Truck. I still love it just frustrated with the Sales person not being more helpful with explaining the features. I also never got a walkthru of my truck after purchase since the sales person left for the day.
You aren't alone about the salespeople as well. In most cases I knew substantially more than they did and a few times they told me I was wrong when they were. I tend to over research everything but I'm not sure the truck being a new model year excuses those who are selling it to be unaware of major features.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You aren't alone about the salespeople as well. In most cases I knew substantially more than they did and a few times they told me I was wrong when they were. I tend to over research everything but I'm not sure the truck being a new model year excuses those who are selling it to be unaware of major features.

Thanks for posting!

My sales guy didn't know they had 0% financing for 72 months on the RAMS. Didn't know much of anything about the truck and like I mentioned never went through all the features of the truck with me. I was so excited about getting it I over looked the 360 view and auto folding mirrors. To be honest i didn't know it had auto folding mirrors until I read these forms. I guess its good to know I'm not alone in being confused by this.

Old Ray

Reaction score
I was so excited about getting it I over looked the 360 view and auto folding mirrors. To be honest i didn't know it had auto folding mirrors until I read these forms. I guess its good to know I'm not alone in being confused by this.
I have been posting about this for months, including today, and I'm surprised you haven't got toasted yet for your post because there are at least 6 (?) other threads on the exact same subject. The general consensus of opinion is that this is completely and only your fault, (and mine) not the dealer, and not FCA. and it is just a minor insignificant problem. (I think they might all work for FCA. ) Funny that the number of confused buyers keeps growing, such a great business plan.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Losing the heated mirrors was my disappointment. I have a 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 quad cab with almost identical towing mirrors and they had heated capability. Makes little sense that was eliminated. :(

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been posting about this for months, including today, and I'm surprised you haven't got toasted yet for your post because there are at least 6 (?) other threads on the exact same subject. The general consensus of opinion is that this is completely and only your fault, (and mine) not the dealer, and not FCA. and it is just a minor insignificant problem. (I think they might all work for FCA. ) Funny that the number of confused buyers keeps growing, such a great business plan.

I am trying to save other people the hassle so i am posting as much as i can on twitter and adding ram trucks to it. I send a request into their website. I contacted my dealer and they are looking to see what they can do. We might need to ban together and try to get this some more attention on social media. For some reason companies seem to respond better to issues when its on social media. As much as i hate Twitter and Facebook it is effective.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
A lot of people did not realize this. One dealer i went to the salesman did not know it until i showed him. It would suck spending that much money and not be happy even if it is on you. If it bothered me that much, i would consider trading. I had a hard time finding one without the tow package but with the brake control. Finally had to order what i wanted.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of people did not realize this. One dealer i went to the salesman did not know it until i showed him. It would suck spending that much money and not be happy even if it is on you. If it bothered me that much, i would consider trading. I had a hard time finding one without the tow package but with the brake control. Finally had to order what i wanted.
I can't even explain my frustrating buying a truck I planned on having the rest of my life knowing I got jipped on two features that I would have loved to have. I'm at the point where I want everyone to know this so they don't make the same mistake.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried, called 5 dealers, only 2 replied, $ 10,000.00 cdn more for 2019 on 2019 with 700 km. I guess for that I can swing the mirrors.
fd
I am surprised not anyone else is complaining about this. Spending $400 on a tow package to remove almost $4000 (aftermarket) in features (360 view and power swinging mirrors). I don't see how this is right. All the tow package includes is an extra mirror, and trailer brakes. The trailer brakes by them selves are only $295. We got jipped. Bottom line.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score

As stated above, this was a bigger issue early on because even the sales managers ordering the trucks didn't realize the tow package eliminated the 360 degree camera. Is also an issue with the 2019 GMC Sierra. If you get the tow package you lose the front camera. My 2017 F250 has the power extendable tow mirrors and 360 degree surround camera but apparently that is not the case with others. Either way, at this point it is clearly stated in the literature, website, window sticker that tow mirrors/package remove the 360 degree. You only get tow mirrors ($105) and trailer brake ($295) for the Tow Package ($400). Most people will NOT get the tow package and just order the Trailer Brake as a separate

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased my truck through a dealer and did not special order mine or else I may have noticed this. When you purchase through a dealer there isn't a very clear understanding of what you get and what is removed. Also sometimes you don't have the luxury of picking and choosing which options you get. My frustration is with the lack of communication about this from my dealer and ram. $4000 worth of features being removed for a tow mirror seems like sort of a rip off. I contacted FCA and RAMCare but I'm sure I'll get no where. I just want to make sure if a person is looking to get a Ram Limited they see this forum and know what the tow package actually includes/removes. In case they don't read every line of their window sticker.

arizonapaul

Reaction score
I just posted this on the other thread about a tow package............
Tow mirrors are an absolute deal breaker for me. When I was looking, before I built my Longhorn, it seems 9 out of 10 limited's and Longhorns had the tow mirrors on my dealers lot. I tow atv's and definitely didn't need them, but I was somewhat shocked at the amount of vehicles that had them. The average Joe Schmooe like me would never need them, and the dealer did admit that someone went overboard when ordering and might be a problem down the road.

I could not imagine having to fold them every time I parked or went into my single garage bay, plus to lose the 360 camera, wow, no way for me...

Users who are viewing this thread