5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone done the big 3 yet?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to upgrade the “big 3” on an eTorque Ram? Starting on my audio upgrade next week and wouldn’t dream of installing everything without upgrading the electrical, but where to even start on an eTorque?
I didn’t do any big 3 and haven’t heard of how to yet

805myth1

Reaction score
Not familiar with the e-torque, but I would think you would still do the chassis ground and battery ground. Then possibly just follow the positive wire from the battery to wherever it goes to?

Bullcycles

Reaction score
cars change, charging systems an management do as well.. end of the day you need capacitors. Did car audio for 10 years. Insane stuff.. big 3 is real.. you need it. But without caps you’re limited. Hit up the 12volt forum. There are simple free calculators on the app stores.
not trying to dismiss what you are all saying, but this is easily solved with a multimeter and math. The tools are out there.. but end of the day, almost all applications will be slightly different.
uhg, probably sound like a d1ck.. apologies.. but you need caps

Jopipe17

Reaction score
I set mine up with the ground from the alternator bolt, and I fused my power wire for future upgrades. Currently with about 2400 watts rms and voltage from 13.8 - 14.3v. Plan is for a 300 amp h/o alternator and a D4S lithium battery to run about 4200 watts

. View attachment 129340
Nice think that's how I'm gonna run my big 3 wires in my 20 ram. Did you ever change your stock battery or get the d4s lithium? That's what I think I wanna do as well, change my stock battery to a xs power 4900 and put a d4s LTO 6.0 lithium in the back under my back seat. Prolly put an isolator inline jus ro be safe

805myth1

Reaction score
Nice think that's how I'm gonna run my big 3 wires in my 20 ram. Did you ever change your stock battery or get the d4s lithium? That's what I think I wanna do as well, change my stock battery to a xs power 4900 and put a d4s LTO 6.0 lithium in the back under my back seat. Prolly put an isolator inline jus ro be safe

I did upgrade the stock battery to that AC Delco agm battery. I down sized from a Taramps Bass 3K to a 1200 watt NVX amp, so I never got the LTO 6.0 battery. And yes they recommend to install with a battery isolator to separate from the agm battery.

Rdiersing

Reaction score
I set mine up with the ground from the alternator bolt, and I fused my power wire for future upgrades. Currently with about 2400 watts rms and voltage from 13.8 - 14.3v. Plan is for a 300 amp h/o alternator and a D4S lithium battery to run about 4200 watts

. View attachment 129340
You have 3 amps? What gauge and how many power wires do you have from the batter through firewall back to your amps? How are they connected there as far as power wires go and what gauges? From ur pic it only looks like u have one

805myth1

Reaction score
You have 3 amps? What gauge and how many power wires do you have from the batter through firewall back to your amps? How are they connected there as far as power wires go and what gauges? From ur pic it only looks like u have one

I have 3 amps, the one under the seat is the bass amp, then on the back wall behind the 40 split of the rear seat, I have the other 2 amps. I ran 1/0 power wire from gp audio to a 3 way fuse block knukonceptz.

IMG_3224.jpeg

IMG_1570.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread