5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any options out for rock rails/sliders yet?

EStein

Reaction score
Got an email from White Knuckle today. Their sliders are now ready For the Rebel. Looks like they’re coming for the others...

“We are pleased to inform you that we now have rock sliders available for the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab Gas 5’7 bed with the 29 gallon tank. Below is a link to our Ram 1500 page on our website for pictures, pricing, and options:

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/ram-1500-rebel-gas-2019-newer-rock-sliders/

The 2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 6’4 bed rock sliders are not available at this time. We are actively looking for a truck to use as a template.

Please provide us with a zip code if you would like to receive a shipping quote. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience and continued support!”

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got an email from White Knuckle today. Their sliders are now ready For the Rebel. Looks like they’re coming for the others...

“We are pleased to inform you that we now have rock sliders available for the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab Gas 5’7 bed with the 29 gallon tank. Below is a link to our Ram 1500 page on our website for pictures, pricing, and options:

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/ram-1500-rebel-gas-2019-newer-rock-sliders/

The 2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 6’4 bed rock sliders are not available at this time. We are actively looking for a truck to use as a template.

Please provide us with a zip code if you would like to receive a shipping quote. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience and continued support!”
These look perfect as the rear kick out follows straight rather than bowed like previous models and price looks right. I’m ordering thx for postin!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Placed a call into White site states compatible with 26 gallon tank my build sheet states I have 27.4 gallon tank. I’ll let you know what they say.
Question how many different size tanks are there I thought the 33 gallon tank was the larger upgrade tank?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Placed a call into White site states compatible with 26 gallon tank my build sheet states I have 27.4 gallon tank. I’ll let you know what they say.
Question how many different size tanks are there I thought the 33 gallon tank was the larger upgrade tank?

They didn't do a 27.4 gallon tank.

Are the only ones they did. I bet you have a 26 gallon tank that is technically 27.4 gallons.....?

Damn I was looking closely at doing the 33 gallon conversion. I guess I will be sticking with the 26 gallon mine came with now.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it figured out in the retrofitting the bigger tank thread. I’ll have to get ahold of White Knuckel and see when or if they are gonna be able to do it with the 33 US GALLON TANK.
C3F6523E-A6B7-4295-AE95-0AB6BA2B8C5D.png

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Got it figured out in the retrofitting the bigger tank thread. I’ll have to get ahold of White Knuckel and see when or if they are gonna be able to do it with the 33 US GALLON TANK.

Dang, I'm assuming the 33 gallon tank interferes with the rear most slider mount on the drivers side. At least it's an excuse for you to save $1,000 bucks for now and for me to save some money on the tank conversion. Keep me updated on what they say since I still want to do the tank conversion at some point.

I just ordered the sliders. They should ship in about 4-6 weeks and I'll have to pick them up at the freight terminal.

EDIT: I would not be surprised if they tell you that the sliders require you to drop the tank to install if you have 33 gallons. If they do I may wait to do the tank and sliders install at the same time.

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m off to the Dominican today but had called White Knuckle to enquire about them figuring something out for us with the 33 Gallon tank and they said they would get back to me but sadly no updates yet. ill check back with them in 2weeks hopefully they have something for us.

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score
I emailed Natalie to offer taking dimensions and/or photos yesterday. She indicated they have a test truck with the 33 gal tank to begin fabrication on but that they do not have a timeline for completion.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I emailed Natalie to offer taking dimensions and/or photos yesterday. She indicated they have a test truck with the 33 gal tank to begin fabrication on but that they do not have a timeline for completion.
Hope we hear about these soon. Just retired from my 2nd career after 20yrs service and have the time to do a nice road trip once the border re opens..

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
In case people are still looking and have some fab capabilities, I just bought a custom DOM DIY slider kit from XO FAB for my 2020 Laramie short bed. Had to call to order custom length. I got them 105" with no kickouts. They had to cut them down for UPS shipping restrictions, so they included joining pieces to put them back together. Quite reasonable cost and I figure I can (hopefully) adjust mounting locations as needed to go around the 33gal tank.

Pandyman

Reaction score
In case people are still looking and have some fab capabilities, I just bought a custom DOM DIY slider kit from XO FAB for my 2020 Laramie short bed. Had to call to order custom length. I got them 105" with no kickouts. They had to cut them down for UPS shipping restrictions, so they included joining pieces to put them back together. Quite reasonable cost and I figure I can (hopefully) adjust mounting locations as needed to go around the 33gal tank.
If you don’t mind me asking what did they quote you for the sliders.

Kiwisteve

Reaction score
I can't remember exactly but it was less than 300 shipped. I finished the drivers side up. Passenger side should be much easier, just haven't had time yet.

How’d these turn out? Have you had a chance to test them out yet?

KOOPS

Reaction score
I just finished them. Had to wait on a bit to finish the dimple die steps. Taking them in to get powdercoated tomorrow. Seem really stout though.

Do they bolt onto the factory step mounts/locations? Or how did you attach? Did you have to do anything special for the 33 gallon tank?

MetalDog

Reaction score
White Knuckle doesn't seem to be making any progress on the sliders yet. That's too bad.

On May 28, 2020, at 9:22 AM, White Knuckle Off Road <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Eric,

Thank you for your interest in our 2019 Ram 1500 rock sliders. We have a 2020 Ram 1500 with a 33 gallon tank lined up to see if we can figure out a mounting system for our sliders that will work, but we do not have a completion date yet. We can let you know if you would like.

We appreciate your inquiry.

Thanks,

Natalie Sundquist
White Knuckle Off Road Products
www.white-knuckleoffroad.com
[email protected]
760-221-0479

Users who are viewing this thread