5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any options out for rock rails/sliders yet?

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
They look like a a narrower version of the GoRhino Dominator D6 boards I'm running - they're not sliders though as they bolt to 3 bracket locations under the door edge
Yup, those are the Go Rhino Dominator DSS steps. They’re certainly not rock sliders, and I wouldn’t test them as such. Not unless you want to rip the mounting studs/sheet metal right out of the back of the rocker panel, that is.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that won’t be suitable I need an actual slider. This trucks very long. Love it except when going off road then the length sucks.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
None of these are sliders. They are running boards/nerf bars.

I was looking at some universal kits, but none are long enough for a crew cab. The only option right now is to have a fabricator build something for you or try and get a 4th gen slider to fit (which it may).

Wish I had a welder. Took welding in high school for 2 years. Wouldn't mind relearning that skill.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, those are the Go Rhino Dominator DSS steps. They’re certainly not rock sliders, and I wouldn’t test them as such. Not unless you want to rip the mounting studs/sheet metal right out of the back of the rocker panel, that is.

Thanks for identifying!

Question for those who've fabbed sliders - could the Dominator D6 have bracketry added to strengthen/support it for slider duty? or if you've seen them in person, would the steel dia they used be too thin?

I ask because the D6 itself seems pretty stout and the C-Channel it's framed with could easily have extensions added.. thoughts?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought they looked familiar. Was on my short list. While I don't need/want a slider, I'd rather not have brackets below the step to get hung up on when off road. I think I have settled on these, now if they would just become available. https://www.westinautomotive.com/outlaw-nerf-step-bars/2019/ram/1500

One thing I can attest to is the brackets on the D6 don’t go below the step line - it’s flush to the rail (i cant stand the look of bracketry hanging below a truck)

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes would be happy with them if they were but sadly we're told not at this time.

cra1g

Reaction score
I like my power steps (wife is short), but I'd also like some sliders. These would be just the ticket if they made them for the Ram:

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I like my power steps (wife is short), but I'd also like some sliders. These would be just the ticket if they made them for the Ram:

Those are $2200 + another $250 for a skid plate for the slider.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Rocker/door damage could easily cost more than that.

Yes, but that is on the high side for rock sliders. This one's unique feature is the unique, electrically extending step. I'm not sure that step is worth the extra $1000 or so over a typical Jeep rock slider.

cra1g

Reaction score
R

Rob5589

A true slider won't include any moving parts. Any significant contact, which is what a slider is for, will impeded the steps ability to operate. A true slider also needs to connect with the body. Problem is, people don't want to drill their 60k pick up. Anything that only connects to the frame risks collapse and damaging the body. Not to mention the loss of ground clearance due to the way it attaches. Take a look at the Savvy for a Jeep to see what a true slider looks like.
In the end it will all depend on how you use your truck. Most aren't doing anything hard core enough to need something more than say those White Knuckle bars. Just know that anything hanging below the body can be pushed in to it.

Cr250Ram

Reaction score
Rocker/door damage could easily cost more than that.
No kidding! I swiped a short concrete wall with my 19’ ram with 1,000 miles on it. After waiting over a month for Mopar to get the parts to my body shop it’s finally starting to get fixed. I can’t stress the importance of protecting rocker panels, it’s crazy expensive to get repaired!
B90C000A-1138-4A8C-9DBD-76A79F6DCDAE.jpeg
2E2B9C84-763F-4FBA-A84B-DA98474680F2.jpeg

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
I think mostly what you'll find right now are all options that bolt to the frame using the contact welded studs on the body panels for steps. That's what I bought and they work pretty good for what I need, they've got two rail slideresque tubes plus a third lower down but they are by no means reinforced to the frame in any way. 20191011_110504.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread