5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news yet on power fold for Tow Mirrors?

DakotaKid007

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I appreciate all the knowledge you've been imparting here, but I'm not sure I have all the correct part numbers. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 that came with chrome tow mirrors. I'd like to put in the chrome power-fold tow mirrors. From what I've read, I need Mirrors (68448077AA & 68448076AA), Modules (68517699AA & 68517698AA) and the door bezel (68262252AC). Can you confirm that these are the correct part numbers for what I'd need? There's some conflicting info in this thread and I want to make sure I've got the right ones. Additionally, do you know if the mirrors have the 360 camera, and will that be something I can enable via the AlphaOBD windows version? Thanks!

Last edited:

bskubon

Reaction score
I too am looking for the chrome part numbers for the trailer mirrors, power fold, blind spot, heated, without any cameras. I searched the 68448077aa and says they are black. I have a 2020 Limited. I too can’t seem to collect all the correct part numbers. Thanks.

Pompito

Reaction score
So I decided to hardwire the running lights and trailer back up lights on the tow mirrors after trying to program, reseting, programing etc. with no luck. Hardwire running lights to tow running lights circuit on engine fuse box and hardwire trailer backup lights to tow backup lights on engine bay fuse box. Both are mcase fuses so I had to engineer a little as I could not find a fuse tap for mcase fuses. Ran wires thru firewall, from doors to cabin and from passenger to driver side. End result, running lights are always on with running/headlights and trailer backup lights turn on whenever I back-up. Running light is on with signal, no switch back. Happy with it.
6E452353-6073-4C71-8AE5-4D30495D51EE.jpeg
B2A03D5E-E2BF-425B-B797-B1CEBF3C00BE.jpeg

Last edited:

firecap84

Reaction score
My dealer has also been no help. I have a ram 2021 bighorn night edition so everything seemed to work except when up in tow mode the button orientation isn't correct. Need to fix the settings
Which mirrors ( part numbers) are you running ? I have the same truck you do with power folding mirrors .. I need tow mirrors for the boat .. not too worried about the orientation being off

Jasondeike

Reaction score
So I'm pretty familiar with what's required to swap out Non-Power Folding Tow mirrors on a '19 Ram 1500, to aftermarket Power Folding Mirrors. This I did about a year ago....however I totaled my truck recently, and am looking at options for another RAM. Things have changed since then it appears.

I'm looking at a used '19 Ram Limited with the 360Surround View standard mirrors, but would love to upgrade to the Power-Fold Tow Mirrors with 360Surround View. It sounds like from this tread, the '21 mirrors are compatible with the '19-20's? If all functionality of the newer tow mirrors are the same (360Surround, Power Folding, etc) as the standard mirrors, would this essentially be a swap of mirrors and that's it? No programming?

TIA

Daverous

Reaction score
You won't get mirror running lights or guidance lights without running wires at this point. Still hoping a coding change fixes this without the need to hardwire.

You'll also need to run a calibration on your camera system to adjust for the new mirror camera location. It'll work without, but will be a bit off and funky looking.

Lastly you will need to update setting in your bcm to account for the presence of tow mirrors. Otherwise when you flip them up the power adjustment switch will not work properly. Totally usable, but annoying.

Power fold will continue to work without programing, as will heat, turn signals, and puddle lights.

lelshaddai

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie that had power mirrors already. I worked out my deal to get the power towing mirrors installed. They installed them and they work great. These mirrors have the trailer LED backup guidance lights in them. Any chance the LED lights could work on this truck? The dealership says it cannot be done. Will the different modules work or does it need different wiring also. I have the bypass cable and OBDlinkMX+ and software.

Daverous

Reaction score
If you have alfaobd try to enable guidance lights via bcm car configuration. On a 2020 it doesn't work(even though it should) , but the 2021 bcm may result in success like the digital rearview mirror and upfitter aux switches.

I'd be interested to know if it does. It'd be yet another reason for me to pursue putting a 21+ bcm in my 20.

Zogg44

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I appreciate all the knowledge you've been imparting here, but I'm not sure I have all the correct part numbers. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 that came with chrome tow mirrors. I'd like to put in the chrome power-fold tow mirrors. From what I've read, I need Mirrors (68448077AA & 68448076AA), Modules (68517699AA & 68517698AA) and the door bezel (68262252AC). Can you confirm that these are the correct part numbers for what I'd need? There's some conflicting info in this thread and I want to make sure I've got the right ones. Additionally, do you know if the mirrors have the 360 camera, and will that be something I can enable via the AlphaOBD windows version? Thanks!
All the dt (new style) are same. 19 and 20 will most likely have to change the door module as well.
68446968aa, 68446969aa are black power fold, heat, memory, aux back up light and dimmers. Tow mirrors
68446970aa and 68446971aa are chrome version.

Did you ever pull the trigger on these?

I think those part numbers are the black mirrors, not the chrome. I found the below part numbers in an older message that are supposedly chrome, but when I search any of the parts sites it never mentions the color. Anyone know how to tell for sure?

68446970AA and 68446971AA Chrome mirrors?
68517699AA Driver door module
68517698AA Passenger door module
68262252AC Door switches and bezel

Last edited:

bskubon

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited with manual chrome tow mirrors. After a lot of digging, I think these are the chrome power folding tow mirrors, with blind spot and heated.
68447595aa
68447594aa
I show the same module and bezel part numbers as right above.

I sure would like to know for sure, I don’t understand why there isn’t more details in the Mopar descriptions.

awhit

Reaction score
So I installed the power folding mirrors and door modules. I used all the settings suggested here in Alfa OBD. All lights work properly and the rear guidance lights come on when pushing the lower button on the headlight switch. My truck is a 2021 Big Horn. It originally had non folding tow mirrors.

Daverous

Reaction score
So yet again it's the 19/20 bcm holding us back, or so it appears. Thanks for confirming.

Really hoping we can find a way to swap the bcm out or upgrade firmware.

Zogg44

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited with manual chrome tow mirrors. After a lot of digging, I think these are the chrome power folding tow mirrors, with blind spot and heated.
68447595aa
68447594aa
I show the same module and bezel part numbers as right above.

I sure would like to know for sure, I don’t understand why there isn’t more details in the Mopar descriptions.
Another set of part numbers (sigh). Do these not have the camera? If so then maybe that's the difference with what I posted. I'll look more when I get a chance.

DakotaKid007

Reaction score
Did you ever pull the trigger on these?

I think those part numbers are the black mirrors, not the chrome. I found the below part numbers in an older message that are supposedly chrome, but when I search any of the parts sites it never mentions the color. Anyone know how to tell for sure?

68446970AA and 68446971AA Chrome mirrors?
68517699AA Driver door module
68517698AA Passenger door module
68262252AC Door switches and bezel
I have not pulled the trigger - I've been too busy. Thought I'd dip in for a moment and see if anything has developed. Was thinking of making a hint to the wife for Father's day. We'll see...

bskubon

Reaction score
Pretty sure those don’t have the cameras. Going thru the Mopar part numbers, they did show ones with the surround view cameras, also a bit more expensive. Mine 2020 didn’t have surround view cameras.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie Has Power Fold Tow Mirrors with the 360º cameras. I ordered them when I ordered the truck in Sept 0f 2020.

Malodave

Leadfoot69

Reaction score
So I'm pretty familiar with what's required to swap out Non-Power Folding Tow mirrors on a '19 Ram 1500, to aftermarket Power Folding Mirrors. This I did about a year ago....however I totaled my truck recently, and am looking at options for another RAM. Things have changed since then it appears.

I'm looking at a used '19 Ram Limited with the 360Surround View standard mirrors, but would love to upgrade to the Power-Fold Tow Mirrors with 360Surround View. It sounds like from this tread, the '21 mirrors are compatible with the '19-20's? If all functionality of the newer tow mirrors are the same (360Surround, Power Folding, etc) as the standard mirrors, would this essentially be a swap of mirrors and that's it? No programming?

TIA
You would have to program and enable the tow mirrors present so it will adjust correctly when it up mode.

Leadfoot69

Reaction score
If you want to install the 2021 power fold tow mirrors with cameras, running lights and trailer spot lights on any 2019+ 5th gen 1500, and have all the features work correctly, you will need driver door module 68517699AA, and passenger door module 68517698AA. All circuits are the same, and these modules have the port for the third green mirror connector that carries the running lights and trailer spot lights wires.
The settings changes are:
Doors: Power Folding Mirrors Present- YES
Doors: Tow Mirrors Present- YES
Doors: Mirror Running Lights- YES
Doors: Mirror Rear Guidance Lights- Yes
CustSetMenu 3: Rear Cargo Guidance Lights Enable/Disable CSM Present- YES
If your truck originally came with auto dimming mirrors, change these settings:
Doors: Electro-Chromatic Driver Mirror Present- NO
Doors: Electro-Chromatic Passenger Mirror Present- NO
If you have a 2021 with standard power folding mirrors, and you want to swap in the fully loaded tow mirrors, you already have the correct door modules, and you’ll make the same changes as above (power folding mirrors will already be set to yes).
I have a 21 sport with reg tow mirrors. I put power fold tow mirrors and the modules as the extra stuff in there would not work. With modules power fold now works . The memory and running lights worked with both modules power fold worked with new modules but can't get the auto dim and the reverse lights to work. I have alfaobd. When I tell it it has auto dim it says it enables but puts up code in door mod for short circuit.

Jflyer

Reaction score
My 2020 Bighorn already has the body color power folding mirrors. What do I need to buy to get the power folding Tow Mirrors? Anything besides the actual Power Tow Mirrors needed or are they plug and play? I do not have blind spot monitor option but I do have the defrost. Also what is the part number for the power tow folding mirrors?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online