5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news yet on power fold for Tow Mirrors?

copekyle

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Merdas. I just placed my order for my truck. For clarifcation for others, I have a 2019 Ram limited 1500, that came with trailer tow mirrors. I've ordered an OBDLink MX+, and plan to use my laptop to connect to it via bluetooth. Here's the part numbers I ordered:

View attachment 140145
Can you follow up with exact specs of these mirror part numbers? Are they tow style mirror or just the standard? Also, where did you source parts?

Beardslow

Reaction score
If you want to install the 2021 power fold tow mirrors with cameras, running lights and trailer spot lights on any 2019+ 5th gen 1500, and have all the features work correctly, you will need driver door module 68517699AA, and passenger door module 68517698AA. All circuits are the same, and these modules have the port for the third green mirror connector that carries the running lights and trailer spot lights wires.
The settings changes are:
Doors: Power Folding Mirrors Present- YES
Doors: Tow Mirrors Present- YES
Doors: Mirror Running Lights- YES
Doors: Mirror Rear Guidance Lights- Yes
CustSetMenu 3: Rear Cargo Guidance Lights Enable/Disable CSM Present- YES
If your truck originally came with auto dimming mirrors, change these settings:
Doors: Electro-Chromatic Driver Mirror Present- NO
Doors: Electro-Chromatic Passenger Mirror Present- NO
If you have a 2021 with standard power folding mirrors, and you want to swap in the fully loaded tow mirrors, you already have the correct door modules, and you’ll make the same changes as above (power folding mirrors will already be set to yes).
So I'm having a problem finding the Mirror running lights and Mirror rear guidance lights setting in AlfaOBD. I'm new to it and running it on a laptop. When I select my truck and BCM it will connect to the 2021 Powernet for DT as it should. However there is no option for these two features in the settings. I tried to go to a 2022 and it keeps reverting back to a 2021 after it scans the truck. Any ideas? Here's a screen shot of my available Door options in AlfaOBD. I have all other features working on the mirrors, blind spot, power fold, heat, and they adjust correctly when flipped up. I'd just like to have these last two features.
Tow Mirrors.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm having a problem finding the Mirror running lights and Mirror rear guidance lights setting in AlfaOBD. I'm new to it and running it on a laptop. When I select my truck and BCM it will connect to the 2021 Powernet for DT as it should. However there is no option for these two features in the settings. I tried to go to a 2022 and it keeps reverting back to a 2021 after it scans the truck. Any ideas? Here's a screen shot of my available Door options in AlfaOBD. I have all other features working on the mirrors, blind spot, power fold, heat, and they adjust correctly when flipped up. I'd just like to have these last two features.
View attachment 155581
After you are connected to your BCM, go to advanced mode. Drop down the BCM list and select MY2022 DJ,D2 but DO NOT click connect again. Then just go to active diagnostics, and car configuration change.

Beardslow

Reaction score
After you are connected to your BCM, go to advanced mode. Drop down the BCM list and select MY2022 DJ,D2 but DO NOT click connect again. Then just go to active diagnostics, and car configuration change.
Was able to find these settings and turn them on in AlfaOBD and now I get the soft key in the radio for the trailer guidance but still no lights. The running light feature on the mirror doesn't work and neither does the little white LED on the mirror when you put the truck in reverse or with the cargo light on. Does there have to be a trailer hooked up for that light to work? And are the mirror running lights and guidance lights tied to a 2022 BCM?

gwash11

Reaction score
I have 2019 ram 1500 Laramie with 12” screen. Power fold regular mirrors with blind spot and auto dim.
Can someone tell me what part numbers I would need for black power fold with blind spot and auto dim?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have 2019 ram 1500 Laramie with 12” screen. Power fold regular mirrors with blind spot and auto dim.
Can someone tell me what part numbers I would need for black power fold with blind spot and auto dim?
I think in another mirror thread, I saw someone wanting to trade his moose antlers for regular mirrors.

Banoist13

Reaction score
Does anyone have any clue what the third connector is on the harness for the factory power folding tow mirrors heated with blindspot? I think they might be auto-dimming since there is what looks like a light sensor on the front housing. Part number 68448076AA. I can't seem to find anything on it and the factory description lacks any detail.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 11

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any clue what the third connector is on the harness for the factory power folding tow mirrors heated with blindspot? I think they might be auto-dimming since there is what looks like a light sensor on the front housing. Part number 68448076AA. I can't seem to find anything on it and the factory description lacks any detail.
Third green connector is for trailer spot lamps and mirror running lights.

merdas

Reaction score
Good morning,
did anybody figure out how to make the running lights and backup lights work on tow mirrors?
Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread