5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle vs. Electronic Locking Rear Axle vs. Nothing

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you allow yourself to get to the point where the rear end is passing you, then you definitely don't need a limited slip because you lack the skills necessary to properly utilize it. Modern day electronic nanny's, such as ESP/traction control are probably more up your alley
Well that's a bit harsh. I swapped ends on black ice going 15 mph below the limit on a 2 lane highway just cause the steering wheel was slightly adjusted. Nothing would have helped, e-lock nor lsd. It just happened.
Now if you regularly find yourself spinning out then you might need some lessons or quit playing so much.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that's a bit harsh. I swapped ends on black ice going 15 mph below the limit on a 2 lane highway just cause the steering wheel was slightly adjusted. Nothing would have helped, e-lock nor lsd. It just happened.
Now if you regularly find yourself spinning out then you might need some lessons or quit playing so much.
I daily drove a 320rwhp Dodge Dakota with a lunchbox locker in the rear through multiple midwest winters without any issues. Only time I sound the tires is when I wanted to, either playing or testing the road. not once did I ever have the rear end come out from under me without doing it on purpose.

As for black ice, if you don't anticipate it, like you said, nothing is going to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online