5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Leaking Rear Cab (looking for input before dealer picks it up to “fix”)

Hadit55

Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new here. Thank you for being a wealth of information. A little background: I bought my 2020 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn from a dealer less than a week ago with 30k miles on it. We had some pretty solid rain since then and I noticed a few little droplets making its way through the corner above my rear window (under headliner is very slightly moist in that area). I have 3 very little kids back most of the time. My dealer said they will pick up and replace the 3rd brake light and replace the sliding window as well free of charge as one would expect after having the vehicle for less than a week. My question is should I even have them do this or could this just make the problem much worse? Should I try to repair myself using the silicone method(s) online? Thank you for any input. Obviously slightly bummed about all of this.

raygun9

Reaction score
agree with @mikeru82 and I just went through this after getting my 2020 in October and spending multiple trips to the dealer... eventually they found all the leaks, but I agree it is pretty frustrating.

Croaker

Reaction score
My dealer replaced my window and now it is as good as new. No leaks in hard rain.
I bought the flowable silicone too. Sure glad I didn't try to use it !
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Sportznut

Reaction score
My dealer replaced my window and now it is as good as new. No leaks in hard rain.
I bought the flowable silicone too. Sure glad I didn't try to use it !
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Why do you say that about the silicone? Does it not work?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new here. Thank you for being a wealth of information. A little background: I bought my 2020 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn from a dealer less than a week ago with 30k miles on it. We had some pretty solid rain since then and I noticed a few little droplets making its way through the corner above my rear window (under headliner is very slightly moist in that area). I have 3 very little kids back most of the time. My dealer said they will pick up and replace the 3rd brake light and replace the sliding window as well free of charge as one would expect after having the vehicle for less than a week. My question is should I even have them do this or could this just make the problem much worse? Should I try to repair myself using the silicone method(s) online? Thank you for any input. Obviously slightly bummed about all of this.
A 2020 with 30K miles is probably still under factory warranty depending on build date. I would hope it would be covered. I'd definitely let the dealership try to fix it first.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
A 2020 with 30K miles is probably still under factory warranty depending on build date. I would hope it would be covered. I'd definitely let the dealership try to fix it first.
Build date doesn't have an effect on when the warranty starts, purchase date is what determines that. The warranty starts the day the owner takes delivery of the vehicle.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Build date doesn't have an effect on when the warranty starts, purchase date is what determines that. The warranty starts the day the owner takes delivery of the vehicle.
I understand that, but unless you know when vehicle was purchased, build date is a good indication, and probably within a month of being good. Especially on a 2020 when they didn't stay in lots long.

yellowboy

Reaction score
I'm betting allot of the used Ram's on lots now were soldor traded because of the rear window leaks or other leaks. Pathetic trucks.

ksauers

Reaction score
I'm betting allot of the used Ram's on lots now were soldor traded because of the rear window leaks or other leaks. Pathetic trucks.
Mine will be on a used car lot as soon as I’m done spending thousands to get the leak fixed and the electrical damage it caused.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

Mhons

Reaction score
To, Ram cares I just turned in my 2021 1500 4 days ago for this issue and too this point I really liked my truck but, now I’m how many people are having this issue and the fact there is a class action suit going on. Well It really has me second guessing my choice of purchase. On top of that I’ve put about 4 thousand dollars in upgrades to the vehicle.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Laughing at me?, I hope it doesn't happen to u sir.
Hope your $4000 in extras didn't make you 2nd guess the truck. Why not just get the window fixed, you have no issues flexing on the "extras". If mine leaks out of warranty I will get it fixed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To, Ram cares I just turned in my 2021 1500 4 days ago for this issue and too this point I really liked my truck but, now I’m how many people are having this issue and the fact there is a class action suit going on. Well It really has me second guessing my choice of purchase. On top of that I’ve put about 4 thousand dollars in upgrades to the vehicle.
Hi Mhons,

Are you working wth a Ram dealership regarding this issue? If so, please send us a private message with the date of your most recent dealership appointment and VIN. We'd be happy to offer an extra layer of support.

Lex
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread