5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying clicking sound in seat

Mo Power

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the driver's seat with my 2019 Big Horn. The seat noise appears to be coming from the lumbar area and it is really loud and annoying especially when towing. It happens when hitting bumps or accelerating. My problem may be a broken frame or a bad lumbar controller.

donmays

Reaction score
well add me to the list 2019 ram 1500 drivers seat clicking 23,000 miles happens pretty often

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
well add me to the list 2019 ram 1500 drivers seat clicking 23,000 miles happens pretty often

I'm sorry to hear this, @donmays. If you address this with your dealer, we are just a private message away and happy to provide you with additional support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Obxram

Reaction score
2019 ram 2500 bighorn. Clicking is soo annoying I can feel it as it clicking.

Mo Power

Reaction score
Here's what my driver's seat sounds like. It is especially loud when I tow.

RamCares

Reaction score
2019 ram 2500 bighorn. Clicking is soo annoying I can feel it as it clicking.

Hi @Obxram - If you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than willing to provide support.

Mark
RamCares

Clearwater501

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my driver seat as well. With less then 3k on the odometer, disappointing for sure.

RamCares

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my driver seat as well. With less then 3k on the odometer, disappointing for sure.

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this, @Clearwater501. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further support if this is something you plan to address with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Scram1500

Reaction score
If anyone finds the Ram dealership experience to be less than stellar, the pic below shows the inner part of my seat back and where I found a few noisy spots. It's fairly simple to take off the plastic side cover and get to the zipper that opens the seat back. Circled in red was the location of the creaky sound which would happen over bumps, accelerating, braking, leaning forward/backward, pretty much any change in pressure on the seat back. Not sure if there is bur on the metal or what but I smeared a dab of brake grease in the white plastic loop where the metal meets and the noise stopped. There is another on the right side as well that I greased for good measure. For those with the clicking it could be from the area circled in blue. This was very easy to detach (popped off by barley pressing on it) but sort of tricky to pop back in
Seatback.jpg

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an annoying clicking sound in there drivers seat, At first I didn't notice it, but now I know its there, its all I ever hear, drives me crazy, I know I need to see the dealer, but there so backed up, that there is a chance I will be with out a car for a few days until the get around to looking at it...
I have a 19 Ram Laramie. The tech drive with me and actually laid on the floor of the back seat and verified it. He’s starting with replacing the whole back part of the seat. Guess will start with that and than move to the butt part of the seat if this doesn’t fix it

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has a click in drivers seat back, sounds like a plastic sound. I get a click when I accelerate, decelerate or go over a bump. I'm thinking it could be part of the lumbar adjustment mechanism that is making the noise, I can physically push on that part of the seat back with my hand and hear it. At first I could tilt the seat back a bit more or adjust the lumbar to a different position to get it to stop but now it doesn't seam to help.

Mo Power

Reaction score
I have a 19 Ram Laramie. The tech drive with me and actually laid on the floor of the back seat and verified it. He’s starting with replacing the whole back part of the seat. Guess will start with that and than move to the butt part of the seat if this doesn’t fix it
The tech did the same thing with mine. He ordered a new seat back and seat bottom for my truck. The sound still happens on occasion, but it is drastically reduced.

Valdrag

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 RAM 1500 classic and this is happening to me. I am glad I’m not alone here. It’s so hard to explain and show anyone with out driving the truck. I took the truck to the dealership today for some other installs and mentioned the seat clicking problem. They had a look and told me the play in the seat is normal. This is not about the play in the seat, it’s about a clicky seat bottom that feels like a clip or something is broken. I will be raising some hell about this tomorrow, if there is any progress I will update this thread. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks!

RamCares

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 RAM 1500 classic and this is happening to me. I am glad I’m not alone here. It’s so hard to explain and show anyone with out driving the truck. I took the truck to the dealership today for some other installs and mentioned the seat clicking problem. They had a look and told me the play in the seat is normal. This is not about the play in the seat, it’s about a clicky seat bottom that feels like a clip or something is broken. I will be raising some hell about this tomorrow, if there is any progress I will update this thread. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks!

Just had a chance to respond to your PM on this, @Valdrag!

Mark
RamCares

Buddha20

Reaction score
My 2020 warlock just started doing it also. Every time I move my body it clicks and drives me insane. Truck only has 800 miles on it

RamCares

Reaction score
My 2020 warlock just started doing it also. Every time I move my body it clicks and drives me insane. Truck only has 800 miles on it

I'm sorry to hear this, @Buddha20. If you plan to work with your dealer for this, our team is just a private message away and more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support.

Mark
RamCares

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaand...the clicking has started for me too....but only when its warm....when the truck is cold...zero clicks. Warmer weather - clicks over every single bump, crack in the road or if you blink.

RamCares

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaand...the clicking has started for me too....but only when its warm....when the truck is cold...zero clicks. Warmer weather - clicks over every single bump, crack in the road or if you blink.
We are sorry to hear about this @Chris3058! Should you decide to contact a dealer regarding this concern, please let our team know as we can provide additional support while your vehicle is in service.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread