5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You even waste money on fuel that makes no difference in your run of the mill, mass produced, made in Mexico pickup truck.
So this is your neighbor!

View attachment 181668

I guess with the shame of underpowered 3.21 gear choice you have to justify taking a second mortgage out on the double-wide for the down payment by calling it luxury. 🤣
My truck is tuned for 93 octane gas, nice try.
Not everyone drives a beater like you.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck is tuned for 93 octane gas, nice try.
Not everyone drives a beater like you.
I beat mine. It can take it. You may worship it, play with it, rub on it and wisper sweet nothings in its ANC mics but it is just a slow, mass produced pickup truck. You can tune it all you want but in the end, that little Honda ricer with the muffler cut off and the suspension bottomed out is going to zip past you.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
in the end, that little Honda ricer with the muffler cut off and the suspension bottomed out is going to zip past you.
Oh, you 5.7L guys and your cute little arguments about which rear axle ratio is superior. Mountain Whiskey just nailed it though. Y’all will all get your butts kicked by a rice burner hahahahaaaa
(Just trying to keep it going to 3k)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, you 5.7L guys and your cute little arguments about which rear axle ratio is superior. Mountain Whiskey just nailed it though. Y’all will all get your butts kicked by a rice burner hahahahaaaa

That's like comparing apples to avocados. Hook a thirty foot travel trailer to the rear of your Civic and see how it matches up. It's not about speed, it's about trailer miles, or drywall sheets, or airport luggage trips, or maybe even mudhole ducks.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Nope. Getting gas, and filling their big gulp cup with diet Cherry Coke.

Oh yea, and getting their plastic tipped swisher sweets.
Oh I'll be driving past all you HEMI guys, regardless of axle ratio, while you're filling up. I'll be chugging along getting 25 mpg right up until my EGR cooler cracks and dumps antifreeze into the intake, destroying my engine :)

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I beat mine. It can take it. You may worship it, play with it, rub on it and wisper sweet nothings in its ANC mics but it is just a slow, mass produced pickup truck. You can tune it all you want but in the end, that little Honda ricer with the muffler cut off and the suspension bottomed out is going to zip past you.

I stop reading when you said “ I beat mine…. rub on it …and whisper sweet nothings” to it.

We all assume certain things about certain things with 3.92 owners and their lack of meaningful personal relationships. And it probably gets lonely.

But dang. Don’t talk about it.

Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread