5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What make aa luxury vehicle in your mind? The lack of a 3.21 option?
That's a start.

Not being a pickup truck. (Well, 3.21, you got me there with not being a truck)
Having a responsive but plush ride.
Adjustable suspension.
Comfortable fully adjustable seats
Quiet quality weather seals.
True leather and wood interior (not the plastic coated leather ram owners call leather).

Although, if you are heading home and you pass this guy each time, a run of the mill, mass produced pickup truck is the pinnacle of luxury.
8c2846416f1706cce3abfc4b364afa10.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's a start.

Not being a pickup truck. (Well, 3.21, you got me there with not being a truck)
Having a responsive but plush ride.
Adjustable suspension.
Comfortable fully adjustable seats
Quiet quality weather seals.
True leather and wood interior (not the plastic coated leather ram owners call leather).

Although, if you are heading home and you pass this guy each time, a run of the mill, mass produced pickup truck is the pinnacle of luxury.
You had me until quality weather seals my Ram don't have that.
That also means range rovers are not luxury by your standards either, they are known for bad weather seals.
I don't have any wood, but I do have real leather, it's a Limited trim thing so I can understand someone in a Bighorn thinking it's the fake leather that gets used in the lower trims...
I also use 93 luxury fuel.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
You had me until quality weather seals my Ram don't have that.
That also means range rovers are not luxury by your standards either, they are known for bad weather seals.
I don't have any wood, but I do have real leather, it's a Limited trim thing so I can understand someone in a Bighorn thinking it's the fake leather that gets used in the lower trims...
I also use 93 luxury fuel.

You even waste money on fuel that makes no difference in your run of the mill, mass produced, made in Mexico pickup truck.
So this is your neighbor!

8c2846416f1706cce3abfc4b364afa10.jpg

I guess with the shame of underpowered 3.21 gear choice you have to justify taking a second mortgage out on the double-wide for the down payment by calling it luxury. 🤣

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You even waste money on fuel that makes no difference in your run of the mill, mass produced, made in Mexico pickup truck.
So this is your neighbor!

View attachment 181668

I guess with the shame of underpowered 3.21 gear choice you have to justify taking a second mortgage out on the double-wide for the down payment by calling it luxury. 🤣
Last I checked, the Ram was made in Michigan. Only the engine is made in Mexico.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Last I checked, the Ram was made in Michigan. Only the engine is made in Mexico.
I am sure you know they are just assembled in Michigan.

The truck as a whole is 65%-70% American. That puts them in line behind Toyota, Kia and of course Honda with the Rigeline being the most American made pickup of 2023.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am sure you know they are just assembled in Michigan.

The truck as a whole is 65%-70% American. That puts them in line behind Toyota, Kia and of course Honda with the Rigeline being the most American made pickup of 2023.
So then I'm sure you know it's also not "hecho en Mexico" as you commented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread