5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi9

Reaction score
PSA, make sure you change your tire size setting, I used Jscan because I already had it. It's so important not just to get the speedo right but on an automatic it does so much in changing shift points, etc to save on gas mileage and make it feel like it had the same spunk as before. If you don't do this you get a very regrettable result when going up in tire size

spyder

Reaction score
So what rear is the better option for the 2025s? Since we know the 3.21s are superior for all but the narrowest margin of circumstances in the current year and older 5th Gens, does the new engine and transmission setup change that fact for the 25s?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So what rear is the better option for the 2025s? Since we know the 3.21s are superior for all but the narrowest margin of circumstances in the current year and older 5th Gens, does the new engine and transmission setup change that fact for the 25s?

It looks like Ram has concluded that 3.21 gears are inferior. You can't order a 2025 with the I6 Hurricane and 3.21 gears.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
So what rear is the better option for the 2025s? Since we know the 3.21s are superior inferior for all but the narrowest margin of circumstances in the current year and older 5th Gens, does the new engine and transmission setup change that fact for the 25s?
Hey @spyder I saw the misspelling in your post. Yea, spellcheck doesn't pick up on the fact that using superior in conjunction with 3.21 is both grammatically and factually incorrect. I fixed this for you just in case a newbie read it. We wouldn't want to mislead anyone. Well unless they are buying it as a sweet 16 present for thier daughter.

Last edited:

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like Ram has concluded that 3.21 gears are inferior. You can't order a 2025 with the I6 Hurricane and 3.21 gears.
BMTHAA (Big mouth tiny hands and arms) speaks again…. 🤡

So how does one wash his hair? 👆

I just like pushing bullies. 😉

BowDown

Reaction score

This configuration 3.21 is only available in trims Laramie and under AND 4x2 for hurricane
Big Horn and Laramie in 4x4 are either 3.55 or 3.92 (no choice of 3.21)
Rebel, Limited trims and up are automatically 4x4 and 3.92

Is a Laramie 4x2 with the Hurricane I6 not a 2025?
I am aware of the 4x4 and Limited/Longhorn/Tungsten options but that wasn't the comment

Last edited:

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey @spyder I saw the misspelling in your post. Yea, spellcheck doesn't pick up on the fact that using superior in conjunction with 3.21 is both grammatically and factually incorrect. I fixed this for you just in case a newbie read it. We wouldn't want to mislead anyone. Well unless they are buying it as a sweet 16 present for thier daughter.

3.21 is actually not the best for a sweet 16 present for their daughter.

My daughter wanted a lifted truck with 35s. That is actually what she drives.
Your truck reminds me of hers! 🥰

BowDown

Reaction score
I didn't bother looking at 2x4 trucks. They are useless where I live.

In your area, I agree. If I lived further north, it wouldn't even be a question for me. If I had a boat I'd get 4x4 but other than that, it's a useless option for me.
If Ram made a street version of the TRX like they did the old SRT10's, I'd buy that; I'm just not into the off-road scene so 4x4 has never appealed to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread