5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol, post

Lol, post up where I said that "my dude". Bet you can't and come up with some BS of "I'm not going to dig through your posts" excuse
Are you going to sit there and pretend you didn't lie about how much your truck weighed when you were running your mouth about bench racing?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you going to sit there and pretend you didn't lie about how much your truck weighed when you were running your mouth about bench racing?
Hint, its in this thread what I said my truck weighed. In addition to that, I included a pick of the shipping manifest listing the trucks shipping weight so the real question is are YOU going to sit here and continue to lie and not back up what you claimed?
As for bench racing, I spend most of my free time at the track racing, I'll leave the bench racing to you however, do point out where anything I said "bench racing" was inaccurate.
Probably be waiting on that too

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hint, its in this thread what I said my truck weighed. In addition to that, I included a pick of the shipping manifest listing the trucks shipping weight so the real question is are YOU going to sit here and continue to lie and not back up what you claimed?
As for bench racing, I spend most of my free time at the track racing, I'll leave the bench racing to you however, do point out where anything I said "bench racing" was inaccurate.
Yep, and you were wrong.

My dude thinks his loaded Limited has 2k lbs of payload... :LOL:

BowDown

Reaction score
Yep, and you were wrong.

Dude thinks his loaded Limited has 2k lbs of payload... :LOL:

So you got nothing, thought so. Here's the post you're lying about

It absolutely is for a 3.92, but I dont tow often at all and I've had a 3.92 truck. The advantages of the 3.92 gear vs the disadvantages were extremely small to me, primarily 1st gear acceleration from a dead stop then it was over. I daily this truck and wanted something extremely nice, Limited, and good gas mileage, 3.21 gear. I believe I got both. I've seen some people make the performance argument for 3.92 and my response to that is that this is a 5200+lbs (mine is 5273 according to the BNSF shipping order left in the truck) and its never going to be fast. Also, its a 5200lb truck so its never going to get prius mileage but 18 city is a HUGE improvement over my previous truck. I am very satisfied with the 3.21 choice which w/o, was actually a deal keiller for me weight.JPG

Now, we see in post 2541 that Motor Trend claimed the Longhorn 4x4 weighed 5652lbs.
Lets conservatively say the 4x4 components (transfer case, 3 additional drive shafts and the front diff) only weigh 300lbs.
Now, 5652 - 300lbs = 5352. Lets assume my truck was shipped with the normal 3-5 gallons of fuel. Add in a full tank at 7lbs per gallon =161lbs. This easily places my shipping weight within the probable number listed for my trucks shipping weight with little to no fuel.

Now, I know you're going to now say: "your truck is full loaded, the MT test truck wasn't". Well Limited's and Longhorns already come pretty much loaded with the only weight changing options being 4x4, MFT, Level 1, air ride and pano. MT's truck had a pano too so that's equal, see it here towards the bottom of the page. IDK how much weight level one adds but I doubt its much

As for my payload? I never stated that, you did. Here's my payload sticker

20240213_135213.jpg

Let me know if you need anymore help with mathin

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you got nothing, thought so. Here's the post you're lying about

Now, we see in post 2541 that Motor Trend claimed the Longhorn 4x4 weighed 5652lbs.
Lets conservatively say the 4x4 components (transfer case, 3 additional drive shafts and the front diff) only weigh 300lbs.
Now, 5652 - 300lbs = 5352. Lets assume my truck was shipped with the 3-5 gallons of fuel. Add in a full tank at 7lbs per gallon =161lbs. This easily places my shipping weight within the probable number listed for my trucks shipping weight with little to no fuel.

Now, I know you're going to now say: "your truck is full loaded, the MT test truck wasn't". Well Limited's and Longhorns already come pretty much loaded with the only weight changing options being 4x4, MFT, Level 1 and pano. MT's truck had a pano too so that's equal, see it here towards the bottom of the page. IDK how much weight level one adds but I doubt its much

As for my payload? I never stated that, you did. Here's my payload sticker

View attachment 176836

Let me know if you need anymore help with mathin
What do you think the GVWR is for your truck? We don't even need to explain how shipping orders actually work to squash this idea that your truck is sitting in your garage at 5200 lbs.

🍿

BowDown

Reaction score
What do you think the GVWR is for your truck? We don't even need to explain how shipping orders actually work to squash this idea that your truck is sitting in your garage at 5200 lbs.

🍿

Couldn't tell you and don't care. I've backed up 100% of what I posted while you've done nothing but talk and prove yourself wrong; typical bench racer.
But here's a thought, prove me wrong with facts, not just your opinion. Fact is that some of these trucks just aren't as heavy as others

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you and don't care. I've backed up 100% of what I posted while you've done nothing but talk and prove yourself wrong; typical bench racer.
But here's a thought, prove me wrong with facts, not just your opinion. Fact is that some of these trucks just aren't as heavy as others
Right, because you don't know what you're talking about. Your truck doesn't weight 5200 lbs with 1352 lbs of payload. You think that shipping order lists the scale weight of your truck. It doesn't.

You're wrong. Period.

BowDown

Reaction score
Right, because you don't know what you're talking about. Your truck doesn't weight 5200 lbs with 1352 lbs of payload. You think that shipping order lists the scale weight of your truck. It doesn't.

You're wrong. Period.

Prove it, I'll wait.

tired-husky.gif

Meanwhile, lets ignore the Motor Trend trucks being 4x4 and weighing 55 & 5600 lbs.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, got it. You're righter than the shipping manifest and Motor Trend. Like I said, proved wrong and still deny deny deny
There's nothing wrong with those numbers. Your understanding of what those numbers mean is the issue.

Imagine continuing to run your mouth about this when you don't even know the GVWR of your own truck. :LOL:

BowDown

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with those numbers. Your understanding of what those numbers mean is the issue.

Imagine continuing to run your mouth about this when you don't even know the GVWR of your own truck. :LOL:

Your understanding of what I said is the problem as well as what was posted. Imagine continuing to run your mouth about this when you've been proven wrong 6 different ways.
Believe what you want, I've proved you to be wrong and falsely quoting me so I'm good.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your understanding of what I said is the problem as well as what was posted. Imagine continuing to run your mouth about this when you've been proven wrong 6 different ways.
Believe what you want, I've proved you to be wrong and falsely quoting me so I'm good.
....doesn't even know what GVWR means. :LOL:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You've been bench racing this whole thread. Unless you own the trucks that were in the article and drove them yourself, it's bench racing. Add in the fact that magazine editors aren't professional drivers, and comparing two different trim level trucks with completely different wheels/tires and suspension, it's just bench racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/