5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be honest.

Those are empty boxes you put in the back for some fresh Instagram pics.

Giving this post its due:
main-qimg-60346544c6eb1634185c568269e3e5d6-lq-jpeg-jpg.125935
Busted! Windy day so they had a few bricks in them. Luckily air ride self-leveled.

😝

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Thanks to all for making the goal of 2,000. I will now take my marbles and my 3.21 gears home. 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Kaderast

Reaction score
Man, I just lost a lot of brain cells reading through the last 10 pages of this thread. Worth every second of it though.

I'm surprised the obvious solution hasn't been brought up on this debate. The perfect compromise.....3.21 in the rear diff, and 3.92 in the front. Best of both worlds! Or if you have a 2wd truck, do they make a combo diff that outputs a 3.21 ratio to the left axle, and a 3.92 ratio to the right axle?!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I just lost a lot of brain cells reading through the last 10 pages of this thread. Worth every second of it though.

I'm surprised the obvious solution hasn't been brought up on this debate. The perfect compromise.....3.21 in the rear diff, and 3.92 in the front. Best of both worlds! Or if you have a 2wd truck, do they make a combo diff that outputs a 3.21 ratio to the left axle, and a 3.92 ratio to the right axle?!
Based on that response, I can definitely tell you did in fact lose brain cells.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The fact that you felt like it was a good idea to read past the first post shows you didn’t have many brain cells left to loose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaderast

Reaction score
I've already lost all my brain cells, no more fun left to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread