5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quad cabs are for narcissists !! No leg room for rear passengers.

(Only 19 more posts to go.)
Not following you here. My wife has plenty of legroom in the passenger seat. I don't need passenger legroom behind my seat.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I said no legroom for rear passengers. Do you make your wife ride in the rear? :LOL:
Nope. I have no use for other passengers. I didn't feel the need to order a truck with a bunch of wasted space behind the seat. If they still made an "extra cab" that would have been my choice. A Tradesman is too spartan but I like the extra bed space.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. I have no use for other passengers. I didn't feel the need to order a truck with a bunch of wasted space behind the seat. If they still made an "extra cab" that would have been my choice. A Tradesman is too spartan but I like the extra bed space.
Sounds an awful lot like someone I know not feeling the need to order a truck with a bunch of wasted fuel capacity...

Ramjack

Reaction score
I hear ya. Having two teenage kids in the house, we like the legroom for road trips. But once I enter "empty-nester" status, my next truck will have something less than a full crew cab.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m gonna do a hurricane swap to my truck so I can do wheelies and still get 40mpg

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Swap in 3.92s and eTorque and you're nearly there, and you get to keep the Hemi.
I can't believe you are advocating adding an electric motor and an additional battery. Think of the payload man! My God! How much weight is that?!? I bet it's upwards of over 10 pounds extra. The truck will never handle it. Even with 3.92s.

😆🤣😂

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe you are advocating adding an electric motor and an additional battery. Think of the payload man! My God! How much weight is that?!? I bet it's upwards of over 10 pounds extra. The truck will never handle it. Even with 3.92s.

😆🤣😂
Yeah, but if he gets the eTorque he can just remove the fuel tank and run for hours off just what's in the filter and lines. Net payload win.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are the best right up until the truck actually has to move. I guess if you keep Prius tires on it and don't haul more than your average trip to Krogers you can get by. Avoid Costco as that grocery run might be too much for the 3.21s!
My 3.21's were able to handle this washer and dryer just fine over a steep mountain. Sure, I had half a tank of gas but whose calculating payload!? 🤭🤥

Attachments

• PXL_20220409_191557482.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220409_191557482.MP.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 23

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 3.21's were able to handle this washer and dryer just fine over a steep mountain. Sure, I had half a tank of gas but whose calculating payload!? 🤭🤥
Be honest.

Those are empty boxes you put in the back for some fresh Instagram pics.

Giving this post its due:
main-qimg-60346544c6eb1634185c568269e3e5d6-lq.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread